Go Back   The Raven > Beyond the Films > General Indiana Jones Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 07-10-2017, 08:23 AM   #276
IndyBuff
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pale Horse
Sort of sickening. Here's a tip. Learn how to edit.

I'll go before August and give a raven review of its warranted.

Sadly, that's the drawback of YouTube and social media. Anyone can do it, which means people no longer care about good audio, solid editing, and decent lighting.
IndyBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 03:48 AM   #277
Le Saboteur
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pale Horse
Sort of sickening. Here's a tip. Learn how to edit.

I'll go before August and give a raven review of its warranted.

It's what the kids like, man. It's real! And unfiltered! Not that overly produced corporate nonsense you olds watch, bruh.

YouTube removing time limits was a bad idea.

I don't think a review is necessary. We can see the big changes -- that's obvious -- but I'm sure a few members would like to know if all reference to Indiana Jones has been obliterated from the former Outpost. An idea of what type of merchandise remains in the Bazaar could be useful for some too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drab Sab Blabs
If Temple of the Forbidden Eye gets removed, then what do you replace it with? What fits the theme of Adventureland?

I had an idea: Mystic Manor*. Not the manor specifically, but taking the idea and the supporting Society of Explorers & Adventurers would lend itself fantastically to Adventureland.

* - Don't watch the ride video unless you really, really have to. The finale with Sun Wu Kong really should be seen in person first. It's amazing.

Le Saboteur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 05:07 AM   #278
Le Saboteur
IndyFan

I learned something new today: the original and current voice for Mara was none other than Darth Vader himself, James Earl Jones. I was surprised. I never even thought about it, but it was confirmed all the way back at the ride's opening.

Old 02-11-2018, 12:38 PM   #279
dr.jones1986
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Saboteur
I learned something new today: the original and current voice for Mara was none other than Darth Vader himself, James Earl Jones. I was surprised. I never even thought about it, but it was confirmed all the way back at the ride's opening.

Its funny I saw this video a few weeks ago and didn't know that either. As a huge Indiana Jones and Star Wars fan, not to mention someone who has been to Disneyland I was shocked to say the least.
dr.jones1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 07:49 PM   #280
InexorableTash
IndyFan

Oh, which thread to post this in. Jungle Cruise? Enchanted Tiki Bar? Indyland? Summer of Mysteries? (Or just Left Coast supremacy?)

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...sneyland-park/

Disneyland's Aladdin's Oasis (site of the Indy "Summer of Mysteries" live show) is getting removed and turned into what looks like a new food and entertainment venue in Adventureland (a.k.a. Indyland?). This harkens back to the site's original use as the (Tiki-adjacent) Tahitian Terrace restaurant. The details are slim but the blog post seems to hint at rubbing shoulders with cast members (Jungle Cruise skippers?) in that newfangled immersive way that parks are aiming for.

Think they'll serve adult beverages?
InexorableTash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 10:52 PM   #281
Le Saboteur
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by InexorableTash
Oh, which thread to post this in. Jungle Cruise? Enchanted Tiki Bar? Indyland? Summer of Mysteries? (Or just Left Coast supremacy?)

I was literally in the middle of creating a post, but had the same problem. I was going with Enchanted Tiki Bar since it's a drinks and dining addition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by InexorableTash
Think they'll serve adult beverages?

No, not yet. That seems like a large hurdle for Disneyland proper to cross.

I'm otherwise intrigued. There's what appears to be an animatronic parrot if you look closely. The servers/skippers/whomever could interact with it as part of a floor show. Similar to what they wanted to do when the Explorers Club in Paris opened.
Old 02-22-2018, 11:59 PM   #282
TheFedora
IndyFan

I like the sound of this new venue for adventureland...sounds like I may have to stop by there and sample some of their wares whenever they are done with everything.
TheFedora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 01:00 AM   #283
InexorableTash
IndyFan

Quote:
There's what appears to be an animatronic parrot if you look closely.

To be fair, who doesn't have an animatronic parrot?

(Fun fact; was at VenTiki last weekend and they had the same model behind the bar.)
InexorableTash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 04:50 PM   #284
Salzmank
IndyFan

I’ve only been to Disneyland once and on the Indiana Jones Adventure once, but (other than Pirates of the Caribbean) it was probably my favorite ride there. I have been to Disney World more than once and seen the Indy show there (which I pray they won’t do away with in their push for nothing but Marvel and Star Wars properties—ugh), and it’s very good, but of course it’s not its own story as IJA is.

Somewhat disappointed that they got rid of the “pick one of three rooms” gag. The Claude Coats-style misdirection and trickery there was commendable, and the ride is one of the few to compete in quality with the original Haunted Mansion and Pirates, the best two Disney rides.

I’m guessing that the ride’s plot doesn’t count as “canon”? I’m never sure about what exactly counts and what doesn’t.
Salzmank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 12:41 AM   #285
Le Saboteur
IndyFan

Quote:
As previously mentioned, Florida still has an Adventure Outpost as does Paris. Despite the name, however, Paris felt like Indiana Jones was an afterthought; it had more The Jungle Book and The Lion King merchandise, and this video seems to confirm that it's still that way.

I can confirm that as of 16 April 2018 the Indiana Jones Outpost in Parc Disneyland has more flavors of Doritos than actual Indiana Jones merchandise. The bulk of the merchandise is comprised of plushes from The Lion King and a handful of tee shirts from The Jungle Book. The original animated flick, not the new thing.

The Indiana Jones merchandise consists of about five tee shirt designs, a hoodie, and the same knock off fedoras. I don't foresee it changing until the movie eventually comes out. Like all Disney parks, however, all gift shops have lost all connection to theme. You can buy Frozen merchandise in Frontierland and all the toy guns you used to be able to buy are now gone.

Le Temple du Peril is still a terrible ride when it should be on par to two marquee Disney coasters -- Hyperspace Mountain and Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. Both are the definitive versions of the ride in any of Disney's parks, despite the crap overlay on what was supposed to be Discovery Mountain.

Ad luna in flamma gloria!