Soundtracks?

Stoo

More "Hawkmen" Discoveries

Tash, 2 more blanks filled for "Hawkmen" (I?ve updated the cue list. More additions for the website!)

Famous Dancing Girl Piece: (The Can-Can music when Indy & Co. pick up Nungusser in Paris):
"Galop Infernal" from "Orpheus in the Underworld", Jacques Offenbach (1858)

Classic German Piece? (The music when Baron von Richthofen sees his new Tri-plane):
"Das Deutschlandlied". Music written by Joseph Haydn (in 1797) and eventually adapted to become the German National Anthem in 1922. (Do any Germans have more information to add?)

CGCJ

I've just recently finished watching through the series for the first time and really enjoyed it, especially the music. While the four soundtrack volumes are great they are far from complete. I'm glad that the Young Indiana Jones music site exists and I do have all of the sources except the DVD games, but I was just wondering if the site is simply for listing the music or is there going to be some kind of fan release once everything's been checked? I'm only asking because I want to know if I start working on my own edits there wont be a superior and more complete version posted later on?

Also, does anyone know if the music for the final scene in "Love's Sweet Song" when Indy says goodbye to Miss Seymour is available at-all?

CGCJ said:
I was just wondering if the site is simply for listing the music or is there going to be some kind of fan release once everything's been checked? I'm only asking because I want to know if I start working on my own edits there wont be a superior and more complete version posted later on?

Hi CGCJ! Welcome to the Raven and thanks for posting your question! I think you may want to check this out: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsdfoJrPN-0bQUsVBtlHQIA

CGCJ said:
Also, does anyone know if the music for the final scene in "Love's Sweet Song" when Indy says goodbye to Miss Seymour is available at-all?

That cue is adapted from an Irish folk tune, "The Minstrel Boy" (aka "The Son of God Goes Forth to War").

The version heard in the episode is sadly not available, but there are some instrumental variations of the original song online which come close:

Hope that helps!:hat:

Anyone know this piece from ?Mexico, 1916??

I was listening to the Indy Cast episode that Laird, Stoo and Tash did to commemorate the series’ 20th Anniversary (a great entry, btw. Good job, guys! (y)).

Something that caught my interest: towards the end of the podcast, a music piece that Laird credits as the “City Attack” from Spring Break Adventure/Mexico, 1916 plays for a little while. Have a listen to it here (time code is 0:58:47):

http://www.theindycast.com/indycast-special-young-indy-20th-anniversary/

Curious, I’ve never heard this track before and its not cited in the episode cue list on the Young Indiana Jones Music website. Just wondering where you guys came across this track? It’s a really breathtaking piece, (available in high-quality format too, it seems) and I would love to add it to my collection of unreleased music! Thanks! :hat:

Last edited:

InexorableTash

Steve Bramson has updated his home page, and it includes different clips for Treasure of the Peacock's Eye

"One Last Adventure" (1m20s) - We had a slightly shorter edit (59s) available as the end credits, and had tentatively named it "Goodbye For Now"

"The Letter" (0m58s) - We have a longer (2m39s) version c/o the "Hunting for Treasure" game on the DVDs. The longer version includes both the scene where Indy reads the letter from Ms. Seymour and when Remy first gets out the map.

"Finding the Treasure" (4m27s) - Previously we had only two 30s clips. This covers following the German from the hotel through when he surprises Indy and Remy in the temple. Boo ya!

Stoo

Extremely grateful for the notification, Tash! :hat: I managed to download the .mp3s so if anyone wants 'em, feel free to PM.

"The Letter" is alway pleasant (but sad) to hear. Coupled with the circumstances, it's a powerfully moving piece. Great to have a longer version (with proper title) of the end credits but most importantly is this super long version of "Finding the Treasure". It's a treasure, found!

Bramson had a touch for this, no doubt about it. (No doubt you also clicked on the "next" button and heard his stuff for Scooby-Doo. ;))

The Internet: The Gift That Keeps On Giving! Thanks again, InexroableTash! (y)

CGCJ

Wow, that's amazing. Thanks InexorableTash! Just a shame he didn't add "It Stops Here", such an important cue that's almost completely ruined by the horrible compression on the available version.

I know that I'm new here but I do have an actual contribution, here's some cue titles that I've come across in various music repertoire sites:

Eight Days [Joel McNeely]
Here We Go [Joel McNeely]
The Whole Squadron [Joel McNeely]
Fokker's Valet [Joel McNeely]
Caught [Joel McNeely]
The Filing Cabinet [Laurence Rosenthal]
Briefing [Curt Sobel]
Travel to Romania [Curt Sobel]
Tower of Tortures [Curt Sobel]
Stabbed in the Back [Curt Sobel]
Indy, the Hero [Joel McNeely]
I Speak German [Joel McNeely]
Poultry Farm [Laurence Rosenthal]
I've Worked It Out [Laurence Rosenthal]
Oil Refinery [Laurence Rosenthal]
Oil Escape [Laurence Rosenthal]
Blow Torch [Laurence Rosenthal]
Bar Fight [Joel McNeely]
Indy's Jazz [Laurence Rosenthal]
Advancing on Chateau [Frederic Talgorn]
The Tunnel [Frederic Talgorn]
Flame Throwers [Frederic Talgorn]
Readying for Battle [Frederic Talgorn]
It's My Duty [Frederic Talgorn]
Spanish Riding School [Laurence Rosenthal]
Across the Rooftops [Laurence Rosenthal]
Soda Fountain [Laurence Rosenthal]
Blow Up the Wells [Laurence Rosenthal]
Talking in Constable [Laurence Rosenthal]
Aristoltle and Plato [Laurence Rosenthal]
The Gate Crasher [Laurence Rosenthal]
China Dreams [Raymond Egan/Gus Kahn/Egbert Van Alstyne]

Jesu Joy of Men's Desiring [Johann Bach/Joel McNeely]
Indy's Jazz [Laurence Rosenthal]
Young Indy (Title Theme) [Laurence Rosenthal]
She's Wonderful Too [Joel McNeely]
Sounds Like Perfection to Me [Joel McNeely]
Soda Fountain [Laurence Rosenthal]
Blow Up the Wells [Laurence Rosenthal]
Talking in Constable [Laurence Rosenthal]
Aristoltle and Plato [Laurence Rosenthal]
The Gate Crasher [Laurence Rosenthal]
Wrong Compartment [Laurence Rosenthal]
Frau Schultz [Laurence Rosenthal]
Mister Max [Laurence Rosenthal]
Frederick is Dead [Laurence Rosenthal]
Eight Days [Joel McNeely]
Here We Go [Joel McNeely]
The Whole Squadron [Joel McNeely]
Fokker's Valet [Joel McNeely]
Caught [Joel McNeely]
Indy and Lawrence [Laurence Rosenthal]
Two Days Only [Laurence Rosenthal]
Indy Bargains [Laurence Rosenthal]
The Retreat [Joel McNeely]
Son of Airplane Chase [Joel McNeely]
Mother of All Chases [Joel McNeely]
Don't Take Spies Alive [Joel McNeely]
Bird Watching [Laurence Rosenthal]
Flim Flam [Laurence Rosenthal]
The Documents Are Real [Laurence Rosenthal]
Carrier Pigeons [Laurence Rosenthal]
Indy & Schiller [Laurence Rosenthal]
Captured [Joel McNeely]
Train to Alhorn [Joel McNeely]
The Pol Giant [Joel McNeely/Arthur Kembel]
Lost in Africa [Laurence Rosenthal]
I Miss My Dogs [Laurence Rosenthal]
Cage on Fire [Laurence Rosenthal]
Advancing on Chateau [Frederic Talgorn]
The Tunnel [Frederic Talgorn]
Flame Throwers [Frederic Talgorn]
The Stables [Laurence Rosenthal]
The Gift Shop [Laurence Rosenthal]
Burning the Letter [Laurence Rosenthal]
Check Point [Laurence Rosenthal]
Laxenburg [Laurence Rosenthal]
The Thief Foiled [Laurence Rosenthal]
The Filing Cabinet [Laurence Rosenthal]
Indy, the Hero [Joel McNeely]
I Speak German [Joel McNeely]
Poultry Farm [Laurence Rosenthal]
I've Worked It Out [Laurence Rosenthal]
Oil Refinery [Laurence Rosenthal]
Oil Escape [Laurence Rosenthal]
Blow Torch [Laurence Rosenthal]
Bar Fight [Joel McNeely]
Sidi El Jem [Laurence Rosenthal]
Kidnapping [Laurence Rosenthal]
Slave Traders [Laurence Rosenthal]
Bidding for Omar [Laurence Rosenthal]
Searching for the Oryx [Laurence Rosenthal]
Wrong Way, Again [Joel McNeely]
Veldt Voyage [Joel McNeely]
Readying for Battle [Frederic Talgorn]
It's My Duty [Frederic Talgorn]
Spanish Riding School [Laurence Rosenthal]
Donuts - Assembled Troops [Frederic Talgorn]
Across the Rooftops [Laurence Rosenthal]

Sid Plays a Lick [Joel McNeely]
Trumpet Sizzle [Joel McNeely]
Wisconsin Groanin Blues [Joel McNeely]
Curtains of the Night [Laurence Rosenthal]
Duel [Laurence Rosenthal]
Tango [Laurence Rosenthal]
Balkan News Agency [Laurence Rosenthal]
Battle [Laurence Rosenthal]
Dimitri's Lair [Laurence Rosenthal]
Exploring the Tomb [Laurence Rosenthal]
Indy Back in Dorm [Laurence Rosenthal]
Indy Plays Sax [Laurence Rosenthal]
Indy Practices in the Park [Laurence Rosenthal]
Indy Practices in Dorm [Laurence Rosenthal]
Nightwind [Laurence Rosenthal]
The Nile [Laurence Rosenthal]
Pyramids Dress Chase (End Title) [Laurence Rosenthal]
Chopsticks [Joel McNeely]
Godd Notices [Joel McNeely]
Indy Back in Dorm [Joel McNeely]
Dance Montage [Joel McNeely/Lee Musiker]
Tap Audition [Joel McNeely/Lee Musiker]
Inddy Kisses Maggie (End Credit) [Laurence Rosenthal]
Laxenburg (End Credit) [Laurence Rosenthal]
Port Gentile Reprise (End Title) [Joel McNeely]
Reverence for Life (End Credits) [Joel McNeely]
Skating the Prater (End Credits) [Joel McNeely]
Soda Fountain (End Credits) [Laurence Rosenthal]

Avalanche is Better Than None [Joel McNeely]
Alpine Chase [Joel McNeely]
To the Cabin [Joel McNeely]
Indy Finds a Sax [Joel McNeely]

Last edited:

InexorableTash

CGCJ said:
Just a shame he didn't add "It Stops Here", such an important cue that's almost completely ruined by the horrible compression on the available version.

I suppose someone could ask nicely via the contact link...

I was thinking of mailing and asking if he could share the names of the tracks. Speaking of track names...

I know that I'm new here but I do have an actual contribution, here's some cue titles that I've come across in various music repertoire sites:

Welcome back! And thanks for sharing such an intriguing contribution. Can you tell us more about the provenance of these? Are they just "fan made" like most of ours, or are they from some sort of catalog, or ...?

Some look like the composer-supplied names ("The Filing Cabinet" vs. "The Amazing Flight of the Filing Cabinet" from Rosenthal's Music for Television, or most of the Sobel tracks). There seem to be many typos and/or transcription errors - e.g. "The Pol Giant [Joel McNeely/Arthur Kembel]" - we talked about Kempel earlier in the thread; some googling reveals that Art Kempel orchestrated many pieces for McNeely.

CGCJ

InexorableTash said:
Welcome back! And thanks for sharing such an intriguing contribution. Can you tell us more about the provenance of these? Are they just "fan made" like most of ours, or are they from some sort of catalog, or ...?

Some look like the composer-supplied names ("The Filing Cabinet" vs. "The Amazing Flight of the Filing Cabinet" from Rosenthal's Music for Television, or most of the Sobel tracks). There seem to be many typos and/or transcription errors - e.g. "The Pol Giant [Joel McNeely/Arthur Kembel]" - we talked about Kempel earlier in the thread; some googling reveals that Art Kempel orchestrated many pieces for McNeely.
Well, the titles are all taken from music repertory sites which record the copyright for lots of music/scores, specifically GEMA, Sabam, ASCAP & Buma/Sterma. There may be some typos in there from when I copied them but they're as registered, including the order. It's obvious that they're the original titles, as many of the other scores I've searched for featured their original titles and most of these are not on the official soundtrack releases so the titles can't be from there; the soundtrack releases all have separate entries from these anyway. All credits are exactly as they are in the entries. Just thought that the people here might appreciate them as I wasn't sure if anyone had thought to check these as a source for information. I'm just glad to have actually helped in some way.

Maybe now we can try to figure out which episodes they're from? Here's the original spreadsheet where I collected all of the information (and my guesses as to which episodes they're from), if that helps.

Also double checked the sites and came across some more titles:
Garry Owen End Title [Joel McNeely]
Accordian Source [Joel McNeely]
Pancho Villa's Camp [Laurence Rosenthal]
Curtains of the Night [Laurence Rosenthal]
Gypsy Dance [Laurence Rosenthal]
Wedding Waltz [Laurence Rosenthal]
Russian Village End Title [Laurence Rosenthal]
Patatoe Blooz End Title [Joel McNeely]

InexorableTash

Excellent! Both valuable info and a challenge! I've started the process of updating my master sheet with the names and the catalog numbers. Can you help out?

(FYI, I auto-generate the site tables from the sheet. It's still a bit tediuous so I'll do that when we're mostly complete.)

So far our success rate for guessing track names is pretty good!

InexorableTash

CGCJ said:
Maybe now we can try to figure out which episodes they're from? Here's the original spreadsheet where I collected all of the information (and my guesses as to which episodes they're from), if that helps.

I've been tracking this both in the master sheet and a copy of your sheet. (Can we merge?) Maybe about half done. A few things have proved useful:

* Recordings of the TV broadcast end credits, that other posters here shared with me in the past. This let me verify that for example the same tune plays when Indy first meets Emperor Karl and during the "Austria, March 1917" TV broadcast end credits, thus nailing down "Laxenburg" and "Laxenburg (End Title)"; ditto for "Soda Fountain"/"Soda Fountain (End Title)"

* Knowing the editing history of some of the episodes. For example, "Daredevils" was originally filmed as a single 45-minute episode and padded out rather than paired with another TV episode. This means many elements of the score are lifted from other episodes and there is a lot of re-use even within the episode, which makes guessing the tracks easier in some cases... but harder in others.

* Where we've already broken down episodes. Kinda obviously, this helps make identifications. Several haven't been tackled at all (e.g. most of the "Little Indy" ones), so that needs to be done first.

Raiders90

Does anyone have McNeely's version of the truck chase music from Raiders which he re recorded and slightly re arranged for MoTB?

Stoo

Raiders112390 said:
Does anyone have McNeely's version of the truck chase music from Raiders which he re recorded and slightly re arranged for MoTB?
A clean version has not yet surfaced. :(

Re. the "Mystery of the Blues / Desert Chase" track:
When DVD Volume 3 was released, I was amazed by how much longer the point-of-view-shot at the start of the episode became...as well as its accompanying music! (y) Can't remember if this has been discussed before but the TV version was obviously shortened whereas the DVD version seems to be extended by 'copy & paste' editing. There's an untouched track out there somewhere...

CGCJ said:
I was just wondering if the site is simply for listing the music or is there going to be some kind of fan release once everything's been checked? I'm only asking because I want to know if I start working on my own edits there wont be a superior and more complete version posted later on?
Well, everything is far from being checked off. We've come a long way but new things keep popping up (ex. InexorableTash's recent discoveries). A complete playlist doesn't exist yet. For now, you just gotta kinda follow along and Do-It-Yourself. :)

flyingace1939 said:
Hi CGCJ! Welcome to the Raven and thanks for posting your question! I think you may want to check this out: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsdfoJrPN-0bQUsVBtlHQIA
Hey, Ace. :hat: Is this your YouTube channel?

CGCJ said:
WOW! And what a wonderful contribution it is, CGCJ! Can't thank you enough for chiming in. (y) These titles are an infinite wealth of information...if they're legitimate. ;)

Lots & lots of information to peruse, including..."Patatoe Blooz"? :confused: :p

Demitasse

flyingace1939 said:

Is Young Indy Score your channel Ace? It has several files I didn’t immediately recognize from the initial hauls of stuff in the lego games and elsewhere. Does anyone know who is behind the channel? It would be great to know where this stuff came from.

Without further ado, come forward silent rogue, and receive thy prize!

Maybe I fell behind in the last few years, but these are the ones that were mostly new to me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cz5wAtCGsGw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXDSSHXA1oc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOoDT1-IOhc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djs39A5cQfM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGFZxT0bkKI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzGE9C0EKUo

Faleel

Demitasse said:
Is Young Indy Score your channel Ace? It has several files I didn?t immediately recognize from the initial hauls of stuff in the lego games and elsewhere. Does anyone know who is behind the channel? It would be great to know where this stuff came from.
It is his channel, it is likely the stuff came from a Staff of Kings rip I shared with him and Tash recently.

InexorableTash

Hey folks! Welcome back. I'm so glad to see this thread again - we'd lost all of the research and notes for a while.

I want to give a shout out to Will from http://theindianajonesuniverse.com who has been featuring tracks on their podcast, and has identified a few more unreleased track sources in a few places, while the rest of us were on hiatus.

Demitasse

🤯Wow, can't believe I remembered my username and password. It's been so 🤬 long! Tash! Stoo! Ace! MDew! 😘Missed you guys! Hope you and your families are all well! Any new Young Indy music discoveries in the meantime?? Whatever happened with that one music company exec that was interested in releasing all the unreleased stuff?