Black Panther

Le Saboteur

curmudgeon said:
First teaser for Black Panther...

IM FINNA NUT CUZ DAS HYPE AF YO.

There, I fixed that for you. If you're going to continue to post trailers then you should probably offer some sort of commentary about said trailer.

TheFedora

Hmm I think I like the Black Panther trailer. It does sort go give us a bit more expansion into Wakanda, opens up the Marvel world in a new and interesting way. I am probably going to see it.

Joe Brody

curmudgeon said:
First teaser for Black Panther:

The music is fantastic. Perfect attitude for the film.

Some of the sets and costumes however are a little cheesy. The Throne room especially -- though I'm intrigued by the glass floor. The floor reminds me of the Acropolis Museum. And the earthen center seem as if the building was built on top/around a hilltop -- which makes me think Areopagus.

Pale Horse

Staff member
Joe Brody said:
Black Panther is fantastic and deserves its own thread!

2Ufc4cB.gif

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
The character seems a little similar to the Phantom, with the inherited title and skin tight outfit and fictitious African country Bangalla. I wouldn't accuse Jack Kirby of borrowing, or even Stan Lee these days. Besides, there were also other Phantoms in 1939, not to mention the one who in 1963 first stole the Pink Panther diamond from the Indian/Arabic nation of Lugash. Maybe next time a Pink Panther sidekick can diversify the overwhelmingly hetero cast.

The Avengers 3 MacGuffin, the Soul Stone, could be in some such diamond. Since the trailer shows scenes in Zamunda maybe it's in a bottle of Soul Glo.

Joe Brody

Black Panther is going to play in the Kingdom. . . . .

No, not Disney but Saudi Arabia.

That is totally badass. Not only did Black Panther break records in the U.S. but it successfully ran the political guantlet in China and made respectable Bank . . . and now it's going to play in Saudi Arabia. Kevin Feige's challenge to Ryan Coogler (to not just make a great movie but a commercially successful film) has paid off in spades in ways that I'm sure not even Disney could have imagined.

Now I'm especially loving the clip from the Infinity Wars Trailer where Steve Rodger walks toward T'Challa and T'Challa gives him a cool smile.

Last edited: