Petition to publish Staff of Kings novelization!

Shipwreck

Moderator Emeritus
Well, since you already have it started...

I want to put together a petition that we can send to LucasFilms / LucasArts requesting that the novel be printed.

The book is complete. It cannot be published by the author. But I want to read it and I'm sure you do to! After all - this would be the first non-movie 'novel' since McCoy's 'Sphinx' and it is a stand alone story from the game. SO ARE YOU WITH ME?!?!? SHARE THIS WITH EVERYONE YOU KNOW - put it on FACEBOOK, MYSPACE, and any other community groups you are part of!

If so - let's get started:

http://www.petitiononline.com/IJatSoKN/petition.html

Shipwreck

Hey Gilles - wanna put this somewhere noticeable on the website??

UltimateManGod

Holy crap I am mad about this. I was thinking about getting the game since I have a Wii, but I really wanted to have a new MacGregor novel. Plus the story sounds really interesting. And since the book is finished, I really don't see the logic in cancelling it. Hopefully they change their minds.

indyclone25

maybe if they see how many people want a new indy story they may print it --- heck even if it comes out in december i would still buy it

UltimateManGod

indyclone25 said:
maybe if they see how many people want a new indy story they may print it

The only problem with that is they can simply point to the Army of the Dead novel coming in September as a new Indy story. It's gotta be clear that we want THIS story. Even though I am looking forward to AotD, I was and still am more excited about SoK.

bennihana123

Yeah, at the very least, "publish" it as an e-book. I would definitely buy it for my Kindle.

I just can't believe it. It's finished! :mad: (n)

This bodes ill

What if they are not releasing it because they fear there is no demand? With Army of Darkness coming out, does that mean they will cancel that one as well? Maybe they are trying to maintain a little continuity in the novels and since Max McCoy already touched on this subject they decided not to release it?

I want an explanation NOW!!!!

Oh well.

Icybro

This is really upsetting.

I emailed Rob MacGregor earlier this evening about the cancellation. He encouraged me to sign Shipwreck's petition, and to urge others to do the same. So hop to it, folks! Let Lucasfilm know there's a market for this book! :whip:

bennihana123

What is Rob MacGregor's email? When I click on the link to "email the author" it opens a page to set up Microsoft Outlook, which I don't want to do. I'd like to send him an e-mail.

Icybro

bennihana123 said:
What is Rob MacGregor's email? When I click on the link to "email the author" it opens a page to set up Microsoft Outlook, which I don't want to do. I'd like to send him an e-mail.

Outlook is a popular email client, so it sounds like the "email the author" link is doing what it's supposed to do . . . but since he published it on his website, I assume he wouldn't mind us listing his email address here . . .

macgregors2@gmail.com

Goonie

Shipwreck said:
Well, since you already have it started...

I want to put together a petition that we can send to LucasFilms / LucasArts requesting that the novel be printed.
If so - let's get started:

http://www.petitiononline.com/IJatSoKN/petition.html

Shipwreck

Hey Gilles - wanna put this somewhere noticeable on the website??

I signed the petition. I'm lucky number 13 and the first from Canada to sign it.

That is disappointing news. I'm disappointed in Lucasfilm overall for treating Indy this way. They can't even keep the official Indy website updated and add Young Indy to it.

I was first let down with Lucasfilm when they pulled the licensing on the Decipher Star Wars CCG cards, then came the prequels, and the same disappointements are now happening with Indy. (n)

One of the coolest stories I read was in the manual/hint book for the PC game Tie Fighter. Followed an Imperial recruit through the missions. I really enjoyed that read...damn shame they couldn't/wouldn't put out something as inspired for Indy.

Goonie

bennihana123 said:
We just need a lot more people to sign the petition.

I just posted a link to the petition over at the COW forum. Hopefully members there will see it and respond.

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Ok, now I'm officially pissed off! :mad:

I mean, first non- movie Indy novel in what 10 years and they cancel it.....grrrrr.

Plus MacGregor's my favourite Indy author.

Plus as an Australian Indyfan I certainly draw the short straw in terms of merchandising and spin off stuff and was very very looking forward to this.

Plus Lucasfilm will allow publications of pretty sub-par SW novels, but not what looks to be a far better than decent Indy novel. I sure as hell hope that Luacsfilm have got a pretty good explanation and that we see this thing in one form or the other. Lucasfilm, I've totally got a frying pan with your name on it!!!!!

I can accept KOTCS despite it's problems but I really don't want to accept this loss.

I am the first Australian to have signed the Petition. Number 16!!! :gun: