Deep-sea booty!

Aaron H

Moderator Emeritus
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18736741/

Deep-sea explorers said Friday they have mined what could be the richest shipwreck treasure in history, bringing home 17 tons of colonial-era silver and gold coins from an undisclosed site in the Atlantic Ocean. Estimated value: $500 million.

A jet chartered by Tampa-based Odyssey Marine Exploration landed in the United States recently with hundreds of plastic containers brimming with coins raised from the ocean floor, Odyssey co-chairman Greg Stemm said. The more than 500,000 pieces are expected to fetch an average of $1,000 each from collectors and investors.

deckard24

I read apparently Odyssey has done this once before, and that's how they got so wealthy as to continue searching the oceans for more treasure. It's pretty unheard of they said for a team to strike rich twice like this. The first time wasn't nearly as significant monetarily, but they've now eclipsed the current world record holder of $400 million in treasure with their new find.
How do I get a job with them is what I want to know, lol!

berelain19

I'm gonna search the net for ships that went missing! Damn,how many times did we dream about this?? How many of us considered it impossible???

I expect to read something of this in a national geographic!