Choose Wisely: Indy 3D Scenes

Chewbacca Jones

Canyon and I were talking about this, and I thought it would make a fun topic.

Place yourself into the totally unrealistic situation where you could only see one scene from each Indy movie in 3D. What would your choices be? If you could only see one 3D scene in the entire series, what would that be?

My own choices, to start us off;
1. Raiders - Hands down, no doubt, the Ark Opening.
2. Temple - While the Mine Car Chase would likely work best, I think I'd like to see the first Kali sacrifice scene in 3D. I mean, a guy being dropped into lava... in 3D!
3. Crusade - The Leap of Faith, if not the entire Three Challenges sequence.
4. Skull - The Jungle Chase/Sword Fight.

And, if forced tp pick only one, the Ark Opening.

So, how about it? Anyone else able to make the choice?

Chewbacca Jones said:
Canyon and I were talking about this, and I thought it would make a fun topic.

Place yourself into the totally unrealistic situation where you could only see one scene from each Indy movie in 3D. What would your choices be? If you could only see one 3D scene in the entire series, what would that be?

My own choices, to start us off;
1. Raiders - Hands down, no doubt, the Ark Opening.
2. Temple - While the Mine Car Chase would likely work best, I think I'd like to see the first Kali sacrifice scene in 3D. I mean, a guy being dropped into lava... in 3D!
4. Skull - The Jungle Chase/Sword Fight.

And, if forced tp pick only one, the Ark Opening.

So, how about it? Anyone else able to make the choice?

Gunfight in the Raven
Club Obi Wan
Donovan's Demise
Hangar 51

Indy in 3D?

Rocket Surgeon said:
I'm your Goddamned partner!

...or: I know you will!

135.jpg

188.jpg

041.jpg

381.jpg

169.jpg

Last edited:

Montana Smith

Guys, don't give Lucas and Spielberg too many ideas! Indy 5 will have Mutt monkey swinging into the camera every two minutes. :p

emtiem

Chewbacca Jones said:

Well, the problem with that is that you'd be able to see that the bridge is there! :D It's rather a problem with the whole scene, but it's a movie so we don't worry!

DiscoLad

The 3D glasses I jacked from the theatre arn't working on those images, man.
What are you tryin' to pull. :p

michael

All good choices, so far!

I'm thinking the WATER! scene from Temple of Doom would be a cool choice.

The Leap of Faith could be trippy to see in 3-D.

hovitos

Yep, used two separate frames for that Leap of Faith shot. Can?t remember what the one I used was, but you can also merge to AVI files to create a 3D anaglyph video. If it?s about 25fps, you can snip off the first four frames of one file and the last four frames of the duplicate file. However, if I found that it usually fell out of synch after a few seconds. Also doesn?t work when the camera is tilting.

IAdventurer01

Moedred said:
I'd love a quadrilogy blu-ray preview reel before 3D Star Wars...
234.jpg

Honestly, this is what I don't quite understand about the 3D trend. I looked at this picture and thought, "wow, what a perfectly balanced 3D effect!" Then I remembered I wasn't wearing my 3D glasses.

Seriously, it makes me want to duck.

Last edited:

Mickiana

Hurts to look at them. The whiskey doesn't help. If I drink more maybe the image will go back to normal? I'm sure I got 3D glasses here somewhere...