Green Day

Gear

Hey, nice. I'm real glad to hear the new album's good. I like the idea of a 3-part record.

I still haven't listened to the entire 21st Century album. I listened to about half of it and wasn't turned on. It seemed like they were trying to copy the formula for American Idiot, but that album was fairly spontaneous and the right energies came together in a way that won't be replicated like that.

I assume you saw Green Day's "meltdown" at I Heart Music?

"I'm not f^&%in' Justin Bieber!"

Ska

Big Green Day fan here. Had Dookie on cassette before I even had a cd player.

That being said, my opinion of ¡Uno! is that it's their best since Nimrod. Can't say their best since Dookie. I really like Insomniac and Nimrod. Don't think Green Day will ever make an album like them again. I even like them better than Dookie. But this album sits comfortably in the no. 4 spot. Let Yourself Go and Loss of Control could have easily been on Nimrod. Has that fast "punk" Green Day sound to them with in your face lyrics. Any fan of Green Day's past albums will definitely find something on the album for them. The only song I don't really care for is Sweet 16. But the rest are great.

Ska

Gear said:
Hey, nice. I'm real glad to hear the new album's good. I like the idea of a 3-part record.

I still haven't listened to the entire 21st Century album. I listened to about half of it and wasn't turned on. It seemed like they were trying to copy the formula for American Idiot, but that album was fairly spontaneous and the right energies came together in a way that won't be replicated like that.

I assume you saw Green Day's "meltdown" at I Heart Music?

"I'm not f^&%in' Justin Bieber!"

I agree with you about 21st Century. Still riding the "epicness" of American Idiot and made a lazy album. Still had a few good songs, though. I really like Peacemaker.

Nurhachi1991

I did not care for 21st myself. Yeah I saw the meltdown I wouldn't even call it a Meltdown if I were a well known musician like Billy Joe and I was told I had 1 minute left mid song I would be mad to. It was awesome seeing a guitar get smashed on stage again!

I like "Nuclear Family" and "Stay the Night" the best