Who would survive being Indiana Jones?

Dumi

I was wondering how many of you would survive being Indiana Jones? Anyway, I think every Indyfan (at least young indyfans) has considered becoming a history teacher or an archaeologist, or something like that.
By the way, this is my first post! Hello! :)

IAdventurer01

I'd love to be Indiana Jones!

...and does this answer your question? :dead:

I'd welcome you to the board, but I am apparently unable to at the moment. :p

Dumi

Well, I know we would all love to BE Indy, but how many of us would survive being Indy? I mean how many of us could fight with villains and travel all over the world and jump off tanks and make his way trough the South American Jungle? That`s my question.

Canyon

Hi Dumi. Welcome to The Raven. :D

In answer to your question, If I were Indiana Jones, I think would survive............for about five minutes. :eek:

Ska

If I was Indy, Raiders would have been about 5 mins long...

I would have entered the chamber to the Idol of Fertility, saw the large tarantulas, and went home. Roll credits...

As for survival, I don't thing anyone has the luck that Indy has. Jumping out of a plane w/ a raft? No one can survive that!

Canyon

SKAbatula said:
If I was Indy, Raiders would have been about 5 mins long...

I would have entered the chamber to the Idol of Fertility, saw the large tarantulas, and went home. Roll credits...

Absolutely! I would have been exactly the same. :rolleyes:

Indy Parise

Ah the tarantulas aint nothing. Give me a gun and enough ammo to last a lifetime and I could probably survive........probably :)

Ska

For me, the tarantulas aren't a matter of survival...more like the worse fear of my life...spiders...*shivers* eck!

It could be a room full of any kind of spider...little or big...and I'm turning my fedora around and looking for Jock.

Dumi

You`re so funny lool.
I would have passed the spiders but I don`t know if I would have past the darts(and if I would have passed them,would have been crushed by a boulder:)). Well, I guess being Indiana Jones means, like he sayd, making it up as you go :)

Dumi

And we should also know some serious history and mithology(altough troughout the films Indy doesn`t prove that he is a very very good teacher or knower of history, if I can say so).
How old are you? Did you ever consider(at least when you were younger:))becoming a history teacher or an archeologist just like Indy?I`m not ashamed to say that I have:).

westford

I'd be ok with the tarantulas and the snakes, but the bugs in Temple of Doom would have me screaming like Willie Scott! I'd be rubbish with a whip. And I think it would be a case of "Fly no, land no..." :p

To get a decent paid job in archaeology involves too much studying, so I gave up... ;) (If a museum wanted to pay for me to fly around the world and find nice artefacts, I'd do it though...)

ROTLA

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that nobody on this board (or anywhere else) could survive what Indy went through. That's why he's an element of Hollywood. Of course, many of us would fall to some of the lesser things Indy had to face. The spiders would put me over the edge. (That being said, I'm pretty sure I would overcome my fear if it meant getting into an Indy movie!!)

Indy Parise

my Indy Skills

Whip-yes

Fly-yes

marksmanship-yes

getting chased by boulder-maybe

Darts-yes (I have good balance)

Thought(puzzles)-yes

fear of snakes-no(in fact fear of any of the creepy crawlies in the trilogy)

roundshort

Well, to be honest,

I majored in History in college, was a hisotry teacher, took way too many archaeology classes. Before that I went into the Marines, which trust me, put me in any Indy situation, except that bridge thing in ToD, and no problem, but can any really be Indy, I mean really?

By the way, I was born a smart ass, so the quick one liners, no problems!