Secret of the Sphinx or Hollow Earth?

StoneTriple

I'm on my way to New York next week (former home & I travel back regularly for Yankees Games). Anyway - I'm close to finishing Philosopher's Stone. I'll need another book for the two flights.

I'm particularly fond of the portion of the book where Indy is sitting at the cafe in the rain talking to Marcus, walking around looking for a cheap room, and sitting in the book store late at night talking to Cadman, etc. I like the action portions alright, but it's those character-study type chapters that really capture me.

Taking that into consideration, any recommendations between Secret of the Sphinx or Hollow Earth?

Thanks in advance.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Go with Dinosaur Eggs, then Hollow Earth, then Secret of the Sphinx. The sequence actually matters, as there's a continuing plotline through McCoy's four books.

(Although, I will say, for the sort of chapters you like - as that's the sort of thing that captures my imagination in Indiana Jones these days - you're likely to find Hollow Earth the most satisfying.)

mutt willams

Attila the Professor said:
Go with Dinosaur Eggs, then Hollow Earth, then Secret of the Sphinx. The sequence actually matters, as there's a continuing plotline through McCoy's four books.

(Although, I will say, for the sort of chapters you like - as that's the sort of thing that captures my imagination in Indiana Jones these days - you're likely to find Hollow Earth the most satisfying.)

really, i just got that book, hollow earth, after i read the other ones, oops.

Leiter91

Hollow Earth=Best Indy book...actually all the McCoy novels are great with the exception of the Secret of the Sphinx...I found that one rather drab and quite lame actually...couple pages shorter than all the rest

Dust McAlan

Hollow Earth was one of the worst books I've read. However, you need to have read Hollow Earth to understand Sphinx, if I understand it correctly, so choose wisely.

Indy&HanFan

i just finished reading secret of the sphinx and i thought it was pretty good. i couldn't put it down. i read it in about 4 days. i myself am wonding what indy book i should read next.