Son of a............

Nurhachi1991

I don't think the hoverboard will happen in our lifetimes...........

Man the lines to camp out for these shoes were like 200 people thats crazy!!!!!

Michael24

Nurhachi1991 said:
I don't think the hoverboard will happen in our lifetimes...........
Hoverboards can actually be made. It's just that, even with today's technology, they're big and clunky and noisy, and not at all sleek and streamlined like the one Marty had. I doubt we may see that kind in our lifetimes, but otherwise they are technically possible using fans and motors. They just don't look anywhere near as cool. :)

Nurhachi1991

Michael24 said:
Hoverboards can actually be made. It's just that, even with today's technology, they're big and clunky and noisy, and not at all sleek and streamlined like the one Marty had. I doubt we may see that kind in our lifetimes, but otherwise they are technically possible using fans and motors. They just don't look anywhere near as cool. :)

Yeah they glide on a pocket of air and there huge so there really lame looking.......... Screw MArtys board I want a Pitbull!

No Ticket

Read this because it's more than just about BTTF shoes

It's kind of funny how BTTF's vision of 2015 was SOOO advanced technologically from 1985 (or 1988 - or whatever year BTTF II came out).... but in reality, it's not going to be all that advanced from back then at all. The main advancements have been in making cell phones smaller with touch screens and the internet. Oh and better looking sfx in movies and video games are much nicer. But no 3D sharks, flying cars, hoverboards, power laces, auto-drying jackets, thumb plated/voice activated doors...

heck, we'll be on our way back to the moon much the same way we did it in 1969 by 2015.

It's funny to me because it was so far off the mark. It seems like from 1900-1950 the world changed at such a rapid pace that technology had gone from not flying at all to jets and rockets... color tv, etc. From 1950-2000 I can't say there was as big of a difference.

It feels like the human technological evolution has slowed down a bit. What needs to take place is some kind of breakthrough in physics, not the shrinking of microchips to make smaller computers (although that will obviously still happen).

Example? In order to truly explore space we have to figure out another way to travel through it, which is not something that can be done with our current understanding of the physics of it all. That stuff of fantasy, warp drives... worm holes, etc. That's the kind of revelation needed to truly gain some technological ground.

It is possibly impossible... which is why we haven't figured it out. But then again, we don't know eh?

Michael24

This is what Robert Zemeckis and Bob Gale had to say about BTTF2's future:

"The first thing we decided on when we were planning the future sequences," says Bob Zemeckis, "was that our future wasn't going to be Orwellian. We didn't want a totalitarian state where people dress in uniforms and have their heads shaved, which is actually a very easy way to depict the future in movies."

"We also knew," adds Bob Gale, "that we would fail if we tried to offer real predictions of the future. We decided the only way to deal with it was to make it optimistic, and have a good time with it."

"Although it plays a small part, our idea was not to belabor the hardware and technology. We wanted 2015 to be fun from a pop culture standpoint," says Zemeckis. "We went back into the past to see how far certain things had evolved into the present--which, if you think about it, is the future of the past. What we present in our future are devices and situations that are extensions of our culture."

"It had to have a sense of reality for the audience," continues Gale, "because you can't identify with something that doesn't exist. We just modified ordinary, everyday conveniences. There are still TVs, only now you can watch six channels. There are still cars, only they can fly. Movies are still around."

:)