San Diego Comic-Con 2008

Michael24

According to ComicCon's website, 4-Day and Saturday badges are completely sold out (2006 was the first time 4-Day ever sold out), and Friday is nearly gone. But it looks like just a little under half of Thursday badges are still available.

If you've never gone before, you'll have a lot of fun, but prepared for lots of walking. Just take your time, pace yourself, and you'll be fine. :)

Nurhachi1991

He says he will get them tomorrow if not I will have to but I'm 99.9 percent sure were going

I just heard that rumors have been confirmed that they will unveil the first teaser trailer for FRIDAY THE 13TH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If this is true does it matter which day you go on or do they show new trailers for all the days???? Please say yes Jason in like the Indy of horror movies to me and they already showed his new mask! I just have to see the trailer

Michael24

If they unveil such a teaser, it will probably be during a special panel where Paramount Pictures will be discussing upcoming releases. (Most of the major movie studies have such a panel.) ComicCon's website should have their complete programming schedule up very soon, and you'll be able to see what days certain panels will be held. If you're only going on Thursday, you'll likely only be able to see the teaser if Paramount has their panel that same day. I believe panels are generally not repeated from one day to the next, as ComicCon has a lot of presentations and stuff to cover in four days. So if the panel is on Friday or Saturday, you most likely won't be able to see it. :(

When the schedule does up, it should be here. According to 2007's schedule, Paramount did have their panel on Thursday, but it could change to another day this year. Just keep an eye out for the schedule.

Maybe.Not Today

Yeah,
sadly trailers are shown only at their studios panel. here's hoping paramount is on thursday! Good news is that thursday is a good day to go if you're looking for exclusives because none of them will be sold out!

Nurhachi1991

Well I got the tickets and I'm ready to go on the 24th!

Oh please please please let the paramount panel be on thursday it would be a real treat to see the trailer first!

Nurhachi1991

2530046852_aa6249ae6d.jpg

!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

I have to and will get this if I have to fight my way through a million Jedi Wanabes!

The landing party will consit of myself Dr. McCoy and Mr. Spock

Nurhachi1991

Rococo said:
I'll be there! I'm a comic-con virgin, so I'm exited, but not sure what to expect!

Me 2!!! I can't wait!!!!!!

Im going to be wearing my Yellow Captain Kirk shirt so if you see me................ Wait thats going to be like 85 percent of the people :p

Rococo

Glad to hear I'm not the only Trekkie-type going! I was hoping that we'd get the raider.net T-shirts together before ComicCon- I was hoping to wear it there. Oh well... it should be fun, either way.

Michael24

Well, Nurhachi. Sorry to say that Thursday's programming schedule is now posted, and it appears that Paramount will not be holding it's preview panel that day. :(

Nurhachi1991

Michael24 said:
Well, Nurhachi. Sorry to say that Thursday's programming schedule is now posted, and it appears that Paramount will not be holding it's preview panel that day. :(

WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWHHHHHHHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :( :( :( :( :( :dead:

Adam McDaniel

Comic-Con INDYFANS event!

Brandon just gave me all the info, so let me pass it on here...

To those of you going to Comic-Con SD, they'll be a special INDYFANS panel on Sunday 7/27 from 2-3pm. Afterwards they'll be taking a large group photo of everyone dressed as characters from the Indy films.

Hope to see ya there!

comiccon_indyfans_announcement.jpg

Michael24

Nurhachi1991 said:
WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWHHHHHHHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :( :( :( :( :( :dead:
If they show anything, I'm sure it'll be on-line soon after. Just keep an eye out at any Friday the 13th or horror film boards that weekend. It'll probably pop up. :)

Michael24

I saw just that Friday the 13th will receive it's own little panel apparently on Sunday:

1:00-1:30 Friday the 13th — Sneak a peek at the new movie retelling the original Friday the 13th about teenaged summer camp counselors who are systematically slaughtered by a mysterious killer. Ballroom 20

So any footage/teaser that's shown will probably be online by that evening. :)

Nurhachi1991

Adam McDaniel said:
Brandon just gave me all the info, so let me pass it on here...

To those of you going to Comic-Con SD, they'll be a special INDYFANS panel on Sunday 7/27 from 2-3pm. Afterwards they'll be taking a large group photo of everyone dressed as characters from the Indy films.

Hope to see ya there!

comiccon_indyfans_announcement.jpg

SON OF A B***!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Indy and Friday the 13th on Sunday?????????? AHH BOB SAGET!!!!!!!!!!! WHY DID I BOOK THURSDAY?!?!?!?!?!?!? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

Rococo

FYI, Friday:
11:35-12:35 Industrial Light & Magic and The Kingdom of the Crystal Skull— Academy award–winning visual effects house Industrial Light & Magic takes you behind the scenes of their work for the latest installment in the Indiana Jones series. You’ll get a firsthand look at how the effects were created and see what was involved in bringing Indy’s world to the big screen. Room 7AB
Categories: Movies | Science Fiction & Fantasy

Also Friday:

1:15-2:00 Hasbro: Star Wars and Indiana Jones— Derryl DePriest and Justin Kreter (Hasbro marketing), are joined by Brian Parrish, Mark Boudreaux, Dwight Stall, and Brian Wilk (Hasbro design) to talk about what the Hasbro design and marketing teams have in store for the remainder of 2008 in the Star Wars and Indiana Jones lines. Plus a special sneak peek into some 2009 secrets and a Q&A session! Room 7AB
Categories: Action Figures, Toys and Collectibles | Fandom | Movies | Science Fiction & Fantasy

Michael24

I think you'll like this, Nurhachi. Even though the Friday the 13th panel is on Sunday,
you'll be able to meet the series' music composer, Harry Manfredini, who will be appearing
for three days. He'll be there on Thursday from 11AM - 3PM, signing autographs in the
upstairs Sails Pavilion. :)

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
It sold out quick, just like the lodging. I agree it's about time to move. Or give it 6 days, the first 3 for Hollywood presenters and the weekend for, you know, comics. Separate the wheat from the sweaty sedentary starstruck masses.

Last edited: