Indy 5 news 2017

Silvor

A executive Producers role varies from project to project.
From Wikipedia:
"In films, an executive producer finances the film or participates in the creative effort, but does not work on the set. His/her responsibilities vary from funding or attracting investors into the movie project to legal, scripting, marketing, advisory and supervising capacities."
So we really have no idea of George's involvement in Indy 5.
He could just be a name on the paper or he could actually be involved with the creative work on the film.

Silvor

Citizen_Kane said:
Hi all.

The article on syfy.com is dated june 2016. Couple of months after that writer David Koepp has gone on record saying Lucas is not involved with the story.
See more: http://collider.com/indiana-jones-5-george-lucas-david-koepp/

Kind regards.

Yes, I'm aware of this article, but it could still be that Lucas and Spielberg are collaborating on their end. It's not like Spielberg would specifically tell Koepp which ideas are from George.

Pale Horse

Staff member
Silvor said:
Yes, I'm aware of this article, but it could still be that Lucas and Spielberg are collaborating on their end. It's not like Spielberg would specifically tell Koepp which ideas are from George.

This violates Occam's razor though.

Raiders90

Also, George Lucas sold all of his stock in Disney. For a brief time, he was the majority shareholder. But after he realized that Disney basically despised him, he sold the entirety of his shares.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Raiders112390 said:
Also, George Lucas sold all of his stock in Disney. For a brief time, he was the majority shareholder. But after he realized that Disney basically despised him, he sold the entirety of his shares.

Source, please?

indy dave

Stock has doubled since he bought it. 37.1 million shares is now worth 4.1 billion. I must admit, Disney's been good to me too, but the decimal places are a little different than George's.

DARTH ZOIDBERG

Face_Palm said:
Lucas sold Lucasfilm to Disney for $2 billion cash and the rest... you got it Disney stock. Lucas is now one of the arrest shareholders of Disney stock. To say he is not involved in the least bit is denial.
I mean from a creative standpoint.

curmudgeon

Raiders112390 said:
If he's one of the biggest shareholders in the company, why is he utterly ignored and given no clout or creative input whatsoever?

Because him selling Lucasfilm was his RETIREMENT plan. He's not looking for those things.

DARTH ZOIDBERG

Raiders112390 said:
If he's one of the biggest shareholders in the company, why is he utterly ignored and given no clout or creative input whatsoever?
He just doesn't want to do it anymore. George just wants to do small budget films no block busters. I think he just got sick of being in the lime light and being ridiculed for The Prequels and KOTCS I happen to love The PT and KOTCS and can see where he is coming from. Sometimes fans take the hate of film way to far.

Udvarnoky

DARTH ZOIDBERG said:
George just wants to do small budget films no block busters.

He has been saying that since at least the 90s. Where are these films? Say what you want about Coppola's experimental output, but at least he's walking the walk.

Raiders90

Udvarnoky said:
He has been saying that since at least the 90s. Where are these films? Say what you want about Coppola's experimental output, but at least he's walking the walk.

He did do the Red Tails film like 4, 5 years ago.

Pale Horse

Staff member
Today I Learned Spielberg is Trolling Indy Fan Boys!

TheFedora said:

Steven said:
Could be!
Who knows?
There's something due any day;
I will know right away,
Soon as it shows.
It may come cannonballing down through the sky,
Gleam in its eye,
Bright as a rose!

Who knows?
It's only just out of reach,
Down the block, on a beach,
Under a tree.
I got a feeling there's a miracle due,
Gonna come true,
Coming to me!

Could it be? Yes, it could.
Something's coming, something good,
If I can wait!
Something's coming, I don't know what it is,
But it is
Gonna be great!

Oh, Stevie boy, you're one in a million, yes you are!

Udvarnoky

Raiders112390 said:
He did do the Red Tails film like 4, 5 years ago.

He did not direct it himself, and it was a mid-range budget movie, not the type of small, experimental film he's alluded to.

DARTH ZOIDBERG

Udvarnoky said:
But the difference with say now and when he was doing the prequels and right after, We can talk all we want about shares of stock all we want but Disney owns the company now and Disney calls the shots Like It or not. I think when Disney didn't use Lucas's Story outlines for The ST Lucas wasn't happy with that and that I believe was when Lucas was like I don't want any part of Lucasfilm anymore unless It Is a passion project I am making which I would love to see Lucas's Independent Passion projects as well hopefully someday he does that. I absolutely loved Red Tails I saw It In the theater It felt like I was flying In the planes with the red tails That Is how realistic it looked! I guess Disney owns Red Tails now to!