Disney acquires Lucasfilm

Montana Smith

Rocket Surgeon said:
Maybe they corrected that in version 112390-A

;)

You...mean...there's...more of them? :eek:

Walt+Disney+and+Robot.jpg

Raiders90

Still...Sorry I did not get the irony in your post. It's common to see, among the Far (Cultural) Left*, a general hatred for Walt Disney, with all sorts of accusations thrown at him, with the intention that his legacy be tarnished or cast into the ash heap of history. I personally think Walt Disney was a visionary man who probably had his biases--Like a good portion of his generation, and was anti-Communist, again like most of his generation--but was not an outright bigot or Nazi or anything like that.

He was definitely no more a bigot, for example, than George Lucas, who talks in very stereotypical ways about Mexicans and Arab peoples in the 1978 Raiders Story Conference and whose characters in the Prequels (Jar Jar, Watto) could be considered somewhat racist, or at least stereotypical caricatures.

So I wasn't sure about your post in particular....

And it is sad to see Disney moving away from both the spirit and name of it's founding father.

*= I'm a Liberal who voted for Obama, and I view with great administration FDR and Lyndon Johnson, but I do not like some aspects of the Cultural Left. Namely the Cultural Far Left's contempt for all things "Americana" or associated with that.

Pale Horse

Staff member
Raiders112390 said:
--but was not an outright bigot or Nazi or anything like that.

There is, (or was) a picture in the mail lobby of the flagship hotel that would suggest otherwise. I have a picture of that picture...but not with me currently.

DLR-refurb-202.jpg

See the image on the lower left of the one above, that's the pic I'm refering to.

Montana Smith

Pale Horse said:
There is, (or was) a picture in the mail lobby of the flagship hotel that would suggest otherwise. I have a picture of that picture...but not with me currently.

See the image on the lower left of the one above, that's the pic I'm refering to.

Can you describe what's in the photo, Horsey?

There's another link, albeit tenuous:

SS-Sturmbannführer (Major) Dr. Wernher Von Braun was Walt's go-to guy for the 'Man in Space,' 'Man and the Moon' and 'Mars and Beyond' episodes of the 'Disneyland' TV show.

http://jimhillmedia.com/editor_in_c...-outer-space-at-the-disney-family-museum.aspx

4505.JKS_2D00_4.jpg

Von Braun, implicated with slave labour, came to the US under Operation Paperclip.

from a new poster on a toy board i frequent...
"i've been a fan since '77. I've never posted on forums or any of that stuff before. I am so sick of wanna be Star Wars fans hating on anything that isn't OT. Why are you fans? You hate everything new? Please leave Star Wars to people with joy and wonder in their hearts. We got the greatest news we could hope for and all I see is haters. Don't you guys get it? MORE STAR WARS!!! This is awesome. Stop taking the fun out of being a Star Wars fan."

These are the kinds of brainless "Any Star Wars is good Star Wars" zombies we have to suffer with the inevitable Disny sh*tfest. Elitism with no valid arguments or sense of humor about the subject they pledge their love to.

featofstrength said:
These are the kinds of brainless "Any Star Wars is good Star Wars" zombies we have to suffer with the inevitable Disny sh*tfest. Elitism with no valid arguments or sense of humor about the subject they pledge their love to.
Sounds like the fear of Skull fans before it premiered...

Montana Smith

Rocket Surgeon said:
Sounds like the fear of Skull fans before it premiered...

...and we know how that turned out.

Strap yourself in, it's going to be a rough ride, and the pilot's already jumped taking the last parachute.

Stoo

Pale Horse said:

Strictly as an observation, there appears to be something which resembles a Ku Klux Klan symbol (the large, white cross in the photo). What is it?:confused:

That said, in no way am I trying to prove anything about Walt's politics.;)

Pale Horse

Staff member
Stoo said:
That said, in no way am I trying to prove anything about Walt's politics.;)

I'll say this, there's no poindexter hats in the image. But I don't want to share what I see, I'll let the image speak for itself. I'm not trying to 'prove' anything either.

Stoo

Pale Horse said:
I'll say this, there's no poindexter hats in the image. But I don't want to share what I see, I'll let the image speak for itself. I'm not trying to 'prove' anything either.
Colour me intrigued, Mr. Horse, but without a better image, whatever the incriminating *it* is, the evidence cannot be properly investigated.

This recent conversation reminds me of something InexorableTash wrote in another thread:
Lucasfilm - Disney merger vis-à-vis Young Indy
InexorableTash said:
Can I see Disney rebooting Indy? Absolutely. They'll milk Star Wars indefinitely until it's just part of the standard accounting, then look around for how they can goose the numbers a bit. Oh, look, a dormant franchise... The 5-year timeframe mentioned elsewhere sounds reasonable to me.

Can I see Disney rebooting Indy and having him fight Nazis? No.
Agreed. As far as I'm aware, the only live-action Disney film to feature German troops (or "Nazis", as folks here are so fond of saying) is, "Bedknobs and Broomsticks". Are there any others?:confused:

Bedknob_A.jpg

If you want to see "Nazis" getting shot/punched in the face/run over by a truck/melting/imploding/burning in a Disney film, you will not find them in "Bedknobs". Even though these German villains are up against supernatural forces, none of them get killed. Instead, they get their weapons broken, get scared and run away. The only physical harm they suffer is some clonks on the head & some kicks to the tukas. They are even frightened of a cute, white rabbit!:eek:

Bedknob_B.jpg

Pale Horse

Staff member
Stoo said:
Agreed. As far as I'm aware, the only live-action Disney film to feature German troops (or "Nazis", as folks here are so fond of saying) is, "Bedknobs and Broomsticks". Are there any others?:confused:

The Rocketeer, The Night Crossing

Last edited:

Stoo

Pale Horse said:
The Rocketeer, The Night Crossing
Jeeze, I forgot all about, "The Rocketeer" (and I even own the DVD)!:eek: Even though it's a Touchstone Picture, it can't be dismissed. (Funnily enough, the back of the DVD case says: "It's RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK Meets TOP GUN!" - US Weekly). Will have to watch it again to check out the level of graphic violence.

"Night Crossing" didn't take place during the Nazi era, though. At the time (early '80s), it was a contemporary story.;)

More from "Bedknobs" - Here's the level of violence & buffoonery I'm expecting from any future Disney/Indiana Jones product:

Bedknob_C.jpg

Bedknob_D.jpg

Pale Horse

Staff member
You know me, I'm just playing Devil's Advocate. But I have to contest, I do think Rocketeer was Disney, not Touchstone. It's featured somewhat overtly in the new DCA park revival.

Stoo

Pale Horse said:
You know me, I'm just playing Devil's Advocate. But I have to contest, I do think Rocketeer was Disney, not Touchstone. It's featured somewhat overtly in the new DCA park revival.
Yes, Pale, I know you're just playing the Devil's advocate and so am I.;) You are absolutely right about, "The Rocketeer". Just checked the DVD and it opens with 'Walt Disney Pictures presents'. More "Natzees" from dear ol' Disney!

What does DCA mean?:confused: I'm not hip enough to understand the acronym. (Disney California Anaheim? Disney Creative Abominations? Disney C*ck-sucking Acquisitionists?)

Pale Horse

Staff member
Stoo said:
What does DCA mean?:confused: I'm not hip enough to understand the acronym. (Disney California Anaheim? Disney Creative Abominations? Disney C*ck-sucking Acquisitionists?)

Disney's California Adventure. The 'adult' park. In one of the stores there, there is an homage to the movie. Suit and all. Buena Vista street is supposed to recreate the atmosphere of the 30's and 40's circa Hollywood.

Raiders90

Stoo said:
Yes, Pale, I know you're just playing the Devil's advocate and so am I.;) You are absolutely right about, "The Rocketeer". Just checked the DVD and it opens with 'Walt Disney Pictures presents'. More "Natzees" from dear ol' Disney!

The hate is strong within you.

It's sad that we live in the post Dark Knight age, a time when anything resembling innocence and lightheartedness (aka Disney) must be ridiculed and crushed. The cult of Walt Disney hate and of Disney Hate in general is sad, sad, sad.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dr. Gonzo

Raiders112390 said:
...a time when anything resembling innocence and lightheartedness (aka Disney) must be ridiculed and crushed.

I'm sure Charles Bukowski is having a drink 6 feet under and relishing this.