The Indy Cast

Stoo said:
@TheIndyOpinion (formerly known as robisindy): Understood, my friend. Yes, it's just a joke but we can't forget that The Raven is an international forum.;)

The level of difficulty in the live Jeopardy Challenge the other week was fairly challenging but I'm afraid newbies would be left behind in the dust. The format suffers, though. I read through the entire thread and the winner of each question seemed to boil down to who has a faster internet connection/ability to submit posts quickly/ignoring proper punctuation. The categories & phrasing of the questions were EXCELLENT!:hat:
Well, I sincerely hope I didn't upset anyone. If I did, I apologize. And in order to show my desire to avoid offending the French I will now do what Michael Scott would do in this situation and post links to songs making fun of every other nationality: :sleep: :sleep:

Sorry, I blacked out there for a minute and now I forgot what I was saying.

As for Jeopardy, Stoo, it would be great to have you play - and the new format should address the negatives that you brought up. Check it out if you get the chance! :)

DiscoLad

Stoo said:
You don't even listen to the IndyCast so, please, go do your disco dance in a poorly-lit corner on the other side of the room.:gun:

Oh ouch, Oh you got me. :rolleyes:
Hey you brought it up. Probably shouldn't do that if you don't want to hear from me. :)

Montana Smith

Stoo said:
(ANOTHER name change?!? What's going on around here, Mitch?:confused:)

If you associate too closely with the Indy Cast it becomes necessary to change your alias once in awhile, otherwise leading a normal existence becomes fraught with danger. (Bricks through windows, sniggers and pointing in public, that sort of thing). :p

Montana Smith

Stoo said:
The level of difficulty in the live Jeopardy Challenge the other week was fairly challenging but I'm afraid newbies would be left behind in the dust. The format suffers, though. I read through the entire thread and the winner of each question seemed to boil down to who has a faster internet connection/ability to submit posts quickly/ignoring proper punctuation. The categories & phrasing of the questions were EXCELLENT!:hat:

Even though The Drifter's connection was hobbled, you have to admit that Sharkey showed he was more than just a mouthful of teeth! That guy knows his Indy stuff!

What a revelation that was!

Montana Smith said:
If you associate too closely with the Indy Cast it becomes necessary to change your alias once in awhile, otherwise leading a normal existence becomes fraught with danger. (Bricks through windows, sniggers and pointing in public, that sort of thing). :p

Isn't everyone enjoying Montana's IndyCast analysis? His ridicule is sort of like Sharkey Lite - not as specific, not as biting, not as personal. But what makes it nearly as enjoyable is the fact that Montana does it without even listening to the show anymore. :)

Montana Smith

TheIndyOpinion said:
Isn't everyone enjoying Montana's IndyCast analysis? His ridicule is sort of like Sharkey Lite - not as specific, not as biting, not as personal. But what makes it nearly as enjoyable is the fact that Montana does it without even listening to the show anymore. :)

And it's all based on supposition, too.

Montana Smith said:
And it's all based on supposition, too.

Well, it seems an odd way to pass the time. But as long as you're happy, Montana...:hat:

Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to go throw away this brick and clean up the broken glass, and then I'm off to start a thread bashing the Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings novelization. :p

Montana Smith

TheIndyOpinion said:
Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to go throw away this brick and clean up the broken glass, and then I'm off to start a thread bashing the Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings novelization. :p

That's the spirit! (y)

indyrcks said:
What do you think of the Indy Cast and why

Love the podcast, I am a relatively new listener but I have been downloading all the old episodes and I think it is great. I really appreciate the hardwork that is put into every episode.

RaiderMitch

TR.N Staff Member
Glad to hear that you've found the show and are enjoying. How did you discover the IndyCast was it through the ForceCast, their app or TheRaider.net? Just curious as we have added a lot of new listeners lately and it's interesting to see where they are finding out about us. Don't forget to check out our Facebook page and the IndyOpinion site Rob maintains.

RaiderMitch said:
Glad to hear that you've found the show and are enjoying. How did you discover the IndyCast was it through the ForceCast, their app or TheRaider.net? Just curious as we have added a lot of new listeners lately and it's interesting to see where they are finding out about us. Don't forget to check out our Facebook page and the IndyOpinion site Rob maintains.

I think I had first heard mention of it at Star Wars Celebration V in Orlando. However, it was not until recently that I bought an MP3 player and that is when I started downloading your podcasts to listen to while at work.

indycast

Stoo said:
There is a French fan site that uses the opening of the IndyCast when you enter the site!:eek: It cuts off immediately after the 'Wilhelm scream' (just before Ed usually begins each episode's introduction). To the crew: Does this displease you or does it make you dance a happy, disco dance?

http://www.jones-jr.com

I'm definitely sending them an email....it would be nice if they asked first!

clintonmills said:
Love the podcast, I am a relatively new listener but I have been downloading all the old episodes and I think it is great. I really appreciate the hardwork that is put into every episode.

Glad you are enjoying the show - always great to hear from new listeners!

Last edited by a moderator:

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Stoo said:
Originally Posted by Disco Muffin I'd prefer the second.

You don't even listen to the IndyCast so, please, go do your disco dance in a poorly-lit corner on the other side of the room.

Ok, Stoo that's inappropriate- I know you two don't like each other, but that's no reason to call people names. A man your age should know better.

And Discolad- I don't know if the post that you wrote was intended as baiting for Stoo or just joining in- but judging from the past, the former is a possibility.

In any case, I suggest to both of you that you both have equal rights in posting in this thread regardless of whether or not you listen to the Indycast. If you can't respect each other enough to allow each other to post to this thread (or any other) I suggest you use the Ignore button. There's a reason why it exists.

DiscoLad

Violet said:
And Discolad- I don't know if the post that you wrote was intended as baiting for Stoo or just joining in- but judging from the past, the former is a possibility.

I heard disco so I came over. (y)
Nothing hostile.

I like a mod that doesn't look over things. 1 point for Violet. :)

clintonmills said:
I think I had first heard mention of it at Star Wars Celebration V in Orlando. However, it was not until recently that I bought an MP3 player and that is when I started downloading your podcasts to listen to while at work.

It's great to have you listening and I'm glad you're enjoying the show! :hat:

Stoo

indycast said:
I'm definitely sending them an email....it would be nice if they asked first!
Ed, just in case you haven't found it, here's the link for the e-mail contact: http://www.jones-jr.com/formulaire.php

I sent a cordial message (in French) complimenting the site but also asking that he/they provide a link to the IndyCast. (For your sake.)
Violet said:
Ok, Stoo that's inappropriate- I know you two don't like each other, but that's no reason to call people names. A man your age should know better.

Hey, now! 'Muffin' is a rather cute nickname, don't ya think? My question was specifically aimed at the IndyCast crew. Disco is just trolling this thread...begging for attention. (His 'man-crush' for me is no secret.):eek:

DiscoLad

Stoo said:
Hey, now! 'Muffin' is a rather cute nickname, don't ya think?

1. Depends who you ask.
2. As if you don't troll. After seeing what Ol' Sharkey says while I'm not around has lead me to lurk. :)

:D Cite some evidence of this man crush? I'm unaware.