2009 Indiana Jones Lego

Gobi-1

I'm loving the new Indy sets but I'm hating how grossly over priced they are.

Shanghai Chase - $29.99 - 10 bucks over priced
Flying Wing - $49.99 - 20 to 25 bucks over priced
Cairo Ambush - $10.99 - 2 to 3 bucks over priced
Chauchilla Cemetery Battle - $19.99 - 5 bucks over priced
Fighter Plane Attack - $49.99 - 10 bucks over priced
Venice Canal Chase - $39.99 - 10 bucks over priced

I can only imagine how much the Temple of Doom will be. A couple of days ago I bought the KotCS River Set and thought the $20.00 price point was pretty reasonable.

I just wish the others were as well. However I'm definitely buying Cairo Ambush and Venice Canal Chase despite their price.

Dewy9

I think the Indy sets are all pretty fairly priced, especially compared to the Star Wars sets which are getting more and more expensive. $130 is the new $100 for them.

Gobi-1

I guess it's the license fee they have to pay LucasFilm that accounts for part of the retail price.

Dewy9

Gobi-1 said:
I guess it's the license fee they have to pay LucasFilm that accounts for part of the retail price.

Absolutely.

The German plane has wings that pop off and the boats are said to explode.

Lambonius

Dewy9 said:
Absolutely.

The German plane has wings that pop off and the boats are said to explode.

Yeah, the removable wings on the German fighter are a nice tough, though I wish it came with some flame pieces that you could stick on there to really sell the crashed fighter look. The already have the perfect pieces for the Temple of Doom mine cart set.

As for the pricing, yeah, it's pretty steep. I've been having to limit myself to one Lego Indy purchase per paycheck (which is roughly every two weeks,) and I've picked up about half of the sets available so far. I can't always drop the change on it though, if I've got bills looming (poor college student life for you) but I'd really like to complete the line in the coming months. I can't quite see myself dropping 80 bucks on the Akator temple though, but I will definitely drop that amount on the TOD set, if that's what it turns out to be, just because of the inherent sweetness of having a pretty full-fledged TOD temple in Lego form (even if they did leave out some of the nice details, like the spike room, or more of the caverns and altar area.) I am thinking some of the Castle sets might have the right kind of pieces to flesh out the rest, and avoid paying the somewhat steeper prices for the licensed sets.

Crack that whip

I am so tickled by these sets! :D Like metalinvader, I do hope they give the Cairo swordsman a more suitable sword, but I think they're fantastic all the same. (y)

Gobi-1 said:
I'm loving the new Indy sets but I'm hating how grossly over priced they are.

Shanghai Chase - $29.99 - 10 bucks over priced
Flying Wing - $49.99 - 20 to 25 bucks over priced
Cairo Ambush - $10.99 - 2 to 3 bucks over priced
Chauchilla Cemetery Battle - $19.99 - 5 bucks over priced
Fighter Plane Attack - $49.99 - 10 bucks over priced
Venice Canal Chase - $39.99 - 10 bucks over priced

I can only imagine how much the Temple of Doom will be. A couple of days ago I bought the KotCS River Set and thought the $20.00 price point was pretty reasonable.

I just wish the others were as well. However I'm definitely buying Cairo Ambush and Venice Canal Chase despite their price.

In fairness, those prices are pretty much in line with other current LEGO sets of those sizes / piece counts. Of course, I'd naturally like them to be more affordable anyway, but I don't think the prices are out of line.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Dr.Jonesy said:
They should make a DoomTown or a warehouse lego set.:gun:

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see the warehouse in the 2010 line, should it continue. It seems like the most natural thing to include next for KotCS, and also allows for Mac.

Dewy9

The good thing about the Indy line is that there aren't SO many sets and it's a lot easier to keep up with them. So far, if you've bought every set, it averages out to be $25 a month since Jan 08. If you buy every System (non UCS) Star Wars set since Jan 08, it would cost around $95 per month.

metalinvader

Attila the Professor said:
I wouldn't be at all surprised to see the warehouse in the 2010 line, should it continue. It seems like the most natural thing to include next for KotCS, and also allows for Mac.

That or the Rocket Sled.Seems almost natural for the Lego line.Which would also allow a Mac figure too.

EddyW

Do you mean they are making another Temple of Doom set with the altar next to the already announced TOD mine track set? How do you know?

Vance

EddyW said:
Do you mean they are making another Temple of Doom set with the altar next to the already announced TOD mine track set? How do you know?

The Altar is PART of the mine track set. It's on the top of it.

Lambonius

I cannot WAIT for the new Indy sets! Classic movie scenes in Lego form=FREAKIN' AWESOME!!!

Anyway, so for now, I've got the LC motorcycle chase set, Temple Escape, Well of Souls set, Flying Wing, and Shanghai Chase sets. In my area, the Jungle Cutter is the most plentiful set, and I've been looking at it and thinking it looks like a pretty nice deal for $39.99. Any thoughts on the Jungle Cutter set? I'd also like to pick up the Raider's Truck Chase set (don't remember what it was called), but I haven't seen it around lately.