2nd Trailer - initial impressions

sandiegojones

I realized after watching the trailer that the skull is more like the headpiece to the staff of Ra. The McGuffin is the City of Gold.

Mutt Williams

spiralout said:
It looks like it's leaving from Massachusetts.

usamaprp9.jpg

Thanks for that, it seems more reasonable.

But, what was Indy doing in Massachusetts? :confused:

The Man

sandiegojones said:
I realized after watching the trailer that the skull is more like the headpiece to the staff of Ra. The McGuffin is the City of Gold.

Yep. Think more Kingdom, less Skull.

Goodsport

Great overall trailer. :)

However (and forgive me if this has already been mentioned, though I couldn't find it elsewhere), isn't the digital countdown display in the trailer a bit anachronistic? Weren't those type of displays only introduced in the 1980's, or maybe in the late 1970's? :confused:

-G

sandiegojones

Goodsport said:

However (and forgive me if this has already been mentioned, though I couldn't find it elsewhere), isn't the digital countdown display in the trailer a bit anachronistic? Weren't those type of displays only introduced in the 1980's, or maybe in the late 1970's? :confused:

-G
IF Area 51 had UFO's then I don't think it's a stretch.

sandiegojones

Mutt Williams said:
Thanks for that, it seems more reasonable.

But, what was Indy doing in Massachusetts? :confused:
Connecticut wouldn't have had an international flight back then (I doubt they do now, so you'd have to fly out of a larger airport.

Goodsport

sandiegojones said:
IF Area 51 had UFO's then I don't think it's a stretch.

Good point if that display was of alien technology, but if it was then it likely wouldn't be using Arabic numerals. ;)

Or are you saying that the U.S. Air Force (or whoever else was running Area 51) somehow adopted that technology from its research of the UFO's for its own purposes, though that technology later eventually became commonplace in the consumer market some 20-25 years later? :)

-G

Last edited:

Goodsport

spiralout said:
It looks like it's leaving from Massachusetts.

usamaprp9.jpg

Interesting, but wouldn't Boston have been the only city in Massachusetts whose airport was large enough at the time? If I recall correctly, Boston is a bit more inland than that.

But at this point we're just splitting hairs. I can't wait until May 22! :D

-G

SterankoII

I was glad when I saw the trailer on the big screen before Iron Man that the countdown wasn't really LED but just like little dots of light!

Goodsport

SterankoII said:
I was glad when I saw the trailer on the big screen before Iron Man that the countdown wasn't really LED but just like little dots of light!

That's good to know. Thanks. :)

-G

Major West

Goodsport said:

-G

As mentioned it's been rumoured for years that Government have technology 30-40 years ahead of what the actual world has.

Goodsport

Major West said:
As mentioned it's been rumoured for years that Government have technology 30-40 years ahead of what the actual world has.

Fair enough. :cool:

I wonder how the Government was able to keep Indy quiet about it for so long, though. ;)

-G

patrickm2009

More

the More I watch it, the more I like it. Ok big favor. can anyone make the 720 version into a wmv so that I can play it on my 360 in hi def. I downloaded this SUPER program but my computer wont support it. if anyone could do this i would be appreciate it. if you can do this trailer and the first both in 720 that would be great!:whip: