Hey, Lucas & Spielberg here are some locations!

Goonie

Those are all great ideas, but I think this one will work the best:

Jungle Cruise, Disneyland

JungleCruise.jpg

Woudn't even have to spend money on CGI animals when they are already there in animatronic form :D
And as a bonus there is a nice cobra there Indy could go up against.

Indy's brother

Goonie said:
Those are all great ideas, but I think this one will work the best:

Jungle Cruise, Disneyland

JungleCruise.jpg

Woudn't even have to spend money on CGI animals when they are already there in animatronic form :D
And as a bonus there is a nice cobra there Indy could go up against.

I'm down for it. Just one more inside joke in an Indy film!

Joe Brody

This is easy:

Skywalker Ranch. . ..

ranch001.jpg

Some nearby Western place like Arches National Park
1868714-Arches-National-Park-2.jpg

and lastly, and most exotically, Hawaii

hawaii_01.jpg

When it comes to Indiana Jones, there are no boundaries (apart from Paramount's cost constraints).

Trennas

I hope to visit at least a few Mayan/Aztec ruins in Mexico while I'm in California next year; has been a life long dream of me to do so :)

muttjones

Indy's brother said:

^^ That mountain is shown. It pans down till a boat is in the foreground.

1950s pirates are bringing up a treasure chest from under the water. A big ugly Jamaican man with an eyepatch and long dreadlocks orders around the other pirates. he is the captain.

A title comes up: Off the coast of Jamaica 1956

the pirates bring the chest onto the deck and break open the lock. It is filled with golden ornaments and coins. the captain lifts up a jewel encrusted cup from the top of the gold.
he whispers to himself: "spanish gold. Beautiful."
as they pack up the gold, one pirate spots a boat speeding towards them. The boat stops right near them. the eyepatch pirate orders the other pirates to board the ship and search it. The pirates arm themselves with knives and guns and quickly board the ship and search it. they find nothing on the boat. the eyepatch pirate stands waiting on his boat, watching the other boat.
Back on the mystery boat a pirate opens the door to the cockpit (is that only a name for planes?). the door is connected to a rope mechanism that turns on the boats engine and propels it forward with the pirates inside.
the eyepatch pirate stands on the deck as the mystery boat drives away with his crew inside.
Suddenly the captain hears a click and he turns to see a sea soaked indiana jones pointing a gun at him.
Indiana jones says: "all i want is the cup. throw me it now.
the captain stands there for a moment before throwing the idol to Indy. Indy has to move his gun to catch the cup and that gives the captain a chance. The captains runs at indy with a knife and swings at Indy. Indy ducks but then gets hit too the ground. Indy's gun flys away out of his hand.
The captain is easily a foot taller than indy and twice the width. He picks up indy by the shirt with one hand and brings his knife up with the other hand. Indy quickly reacts by knocking the captain over the head with the golden cup. he lets go of indy and stumbles back as the knife flies out of his hand.
Indy hits the ground and straight away pulls a walkie talkie out of his pocket.
he shouts into it: "Mac get down here NOW!"
The "NOW" is cut off as the captain grabs Indy's hand and spins him round. he punches Indy in the stomach. he doubles over and drops the cup. the captain gives him a punch to the face and then drops Indy and bends down to pick up the cup.
As the captain picks up the cup he hears a rumbling noise. he stands up and looks up to the horizon as the noise gets louder.
A seaplane comes flying down from the sky. A jamaican man is driving it and mutt is hanging out the side with a machine gun in his hands. He starts firing rapidly at the boat.
Indy looks up at the plane as he wipes blood from his chin. He says: "Mac. What are you doing?!"
the plane is getting closer and Mac's shots are getting more accurate. He sprays the deck of the boat with bullets. He is shouting and laughing saying: "How do you like me now!?!" and such.
Indy quickly gets up and runs at the captai as Mac's bullets fly around him. he punches the captain in the face and knees him in the stomach. the Captain drops the cup and Indy picks it up as the seaplane lands. Indy sprints at the edge of the boat as the cpatain gets up and gets shot up by mac. Indy dives off the boat and into the sea. The plane take off again as we see the pirates in the mystery boat shouting and shooting at the seaplane as it flies away.

Indy shouts at Mac on the plane: "What were you doing back there Mac!? You almost shot me!
Mac replies: Almost Jonesy! Almost! And it doesn't matter now, we got the cup!

The seaplane flies off into the sunset. It fades to Marshall College.

great inspiration! I didnt expect to write that much but....yeah :D

Indy's brother

I almost forgot The Cave Of Swallows:
647-raw.jpg

base-jumping-in-the-worlds-deepest-cave-shaft_1822.jpg

Here's a fun fact. Bat droppings are noxious. There are beetles that live in and thrive on bat guano. If you pass out from guano fumes (it does happen) after being rendered unconcious, you will be devoured in your sleep by those same beetles (this happens, too!). Birds live in this cave, but they could be easily replaced by bats for the betterment of the Indyverse.

Indy gets to the bottom of the shaft (how he reaches the bottom could be fun in itself), only to be knee deep in guano, sees a member of his party go down and instantly be reduced to a heap of bones, while on his way to a passage off of the main shaft floor! Lucas, Speilberg, you guys paying attention?

Indy's brother

Halebid temple:

halebid2.jpg

Rajasthan:
mehranghar_fort.jpg

C'mon folks, I'm not the only one who uses google image search... Find some more! Remember, there's no reason Lucas couldn't mine our research for ideas! Get proactive!

Last edited:

Trennas

I have been rather preoccupied with school as of late, so I didn't have a lot of time to search for exotic locations. Alas... But the ones you put up are great! There are more sinkholes (including one in Oman) where birds and other creatures next and thrive by the thousands, like something straight out of Prince of Persia :)

oh found the sinkhole I meant:

734562.jpg

konu4_mercek2_b.jpg

Tawi Attair (Well of the Birds) Sinkhole, Oman

dancanl305yay305ncf1.jpg

alwan%20Caves%20ft_hdr.jpg

Haven't got a clue where this is, but it looked rather awesome :)

Indie House

muttjones said:
A seaplane comes flying down from the sky. A jamaican man is driving it and mutt is hanging out the side with a machine gun in his hands. He starts firing rapidly at the boat.
I'm guessing Mutt was a typo. Nice intro... kind of reminds me of an old MacGyver episode when Jack flies in and rescues him on horseback.

I might drop the walkie talkie though and just have the plane make an unannounced entrance!

:hat:

RedeemedChild

Wonderful photographs. I hope that you guys will actually e-mail them directly to Lucasfilm or even send them to the official Lucasfilm mailing address via snailmail.

Indy's brother

RedeemedChild said:
Wonderful photographs. I hope that you guys will actually e-mail them directly to Lucasfilm or even send them to the official Lucasfilm mailing address via snailmail.

What are the addresses? :D

Yure

Indy could come back to Italy! Here in Naples is full of incredible places. Did you know Naples has a whole underground level that dates back to Greek and Roman times.
There you can find:
Cimitero delle fontanelle (Fountains' Cemetery)
siano81212001205180324_big.jpg

fontanelle_1.jpg

Ruins:
Napoli%20-%20Napoli%20Sotterranea%202.jpg

Caves pathways you can enter only sideways:
napolisotterranea3.jpg

5170458_l.jpeg

Vertigo-like stairs:
2851420726_b336f8d331.jpg

Also, lots of archaeological stuff here, Pompei, Ercolano, lots of volcanos just nearby, and that's why, according to Vergilium, the entrance to Hell was here :D