Indy V: With SPF SLB and HF

Who do you want to see in Indy V? (Multiple Choice)

• Total voters

DocWhiskey

Old manip, but I took a then recent picture of Flannery and through the magic of photoshop:

2ighvg1.jpg

DocWhiskey

^I always thought, if for some weird alternate reality reason if Ford couldn't play Indy, Quaid would've done it justice.

Uki

I would like to see Flannery appear, but not as Indy. YIJ got a great nod in Crystal Skull with the Pancho Villa reference. SPF could appear in a cameo of significance, but I wouldn't want much more than that. I will be very happy to see Shia return as Mutt.

I agree that Dennis Quaid could have been a decent Indy, but of course I'll never think he could have been quitethe same. The character would have been rather different. Not necessarily bad, or even worse, but certainly different.

I do think that a fun addition to the cast would be Tom Selleck as some sort of rival archaeologist. For obvious reasons. ;)

AnnieJones

Uki said:
I do think that a fun addition to the cast would be Tom Selleck as some sort of rival archaeologist. For obvious reasons. ;)
I was hoping Tom Selleck could be in an Indy movie,myself.I was hoping he could be Indy's cousin Frank.The only problems I see with that is Selleck doesn't look much like Frank and Frank is older than Indy,Selleck is a little younger than Ford.

Montana Smith

AnnieJones said:
I was hoping Tom Selleck could be in an Indy movie,myself.I was hoping he could be Indy's cousin Frank.The only problems I see with that is Selleck doesn't look much like Frank and Frank is older than Indy,Selleck is a little younger than Ford.

Selleck eventually did get his Indy-esque role, in 'High Road to China' (1983). We have to thank the producers of Magnum PI that Harrison got to the play the role he was born to play.

Lao_Che

AnnieJones said:

You.jpg

He could play Indy's other cousin... ;)

AnnieJones

Oh yeah!
I never thought of that,and that's a really good idea.
Thanks for pointing that out Lao_Che!(y)

Now the only problem is,Harrison Ford is only three years older than Tom Selleck.In the Find your Fate Adventure series,Indy was in his late 30s and his cousin was a teenager.Oh well.

Last edited:

Col. Detritch

I've always though Dennis Quaid looked like Harrison, kinda freeky how small the world is, that they are both in the same buisiness and such.

I wouldn't mind if Mutt returned, it would be a good choice to get the fell off continuation. But I don't want Mutt dominating to the picture. As for Marion, I really don't mind if she dosn't return for the adventure but she sould have some sort of cameo. Indy could just as easily find another female co-star for the one off apperence- just don't make her romanticly involved. I really don't want SPF to be in it- there are so many others, why so he be cut above the rest just because he was young Indy.

But finally I don't care who comes back or doesn't in Indy V as long as Harrison is back in the saddle I have no care in the world!:hat:

AnnieJones

Col. Detritch said:
But finally I don't care who comes back or doesn't in Indy V as long as Harrison is back in the saddle I have no care in the world!:hat:
That's the best attitude to have.(y)

DocWhiskey

I think we could all agree on that.

As long as Ford is wearing the fedora, my Indy V ticket is already bought and paid for.

Even if they cast Robert Pattinson as Mutt's life partner. :sick:

AnnieJones

Hey,look what I found!:eek: Here is a picture of Harrison Ford as a kid.He reminds me of Corey Carrier as young Indy in this picture.

02.harrison_ford.jpg

Corey Carrier as young Indy.
Carrier.jpg

Also,I found this silly picture.
shiaharrison.jpg

Last edited:

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
^ That's because it is the same picture. Just mirrored and photoshopped.

Though that HF as a little fellow and Corey Carrier comparison is quite uncanny. I didn't realise how much Carrier looked like Ford as a kid.