The Avengers

RedeemedChild

michael said:
I'm personally starting to yawn with all these comic book movies, they've overstayed their welcome. Wake me when Nolan's final Batman effort comes out.

Well, I'm enjoying them and so are others.

Don't worry michael. More diversity is on the way.

Here is what's up next:

Peter Jackson's The Hobbit Part I & II [Release date: 2012 & 2013]

20th Century FOX Beautiful Creatures [Release date: 2011/ 2012?]
Beautifulcreatures.jpg

20th Century Fox Incarceron [Release Date: 2013?]
51MscpKKInL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Here There Be Dragons [Release Date: 2012?]

World of Warcraft:The Movie [Release Date: 2012]

The Resurrection of the Christ [Release Date: 2011]
jesusattomb.jpg

Arabian Nights 3D [Release Date: 2011]
arabian_nights.jpg

Disney/ Jerry Bruckheimer The Lone Ranger [Release Date: 2012]

Disney/ Tim Burton Sleepy Beauty: The Maleficient Story [Release Date: 2013?]
maleficent_02.jpg

Tim Burton/ Universal Studios/ DreamWorks The Adams Family [Release Date: 2012]
the+addams+family.jpg

Agent Crab

michael said:
I'm personally starting to yawn with all these comic book movies, they've overstayed their welcome. Wake me when Nolan's final Batman effort comes out.

I think live actiing talking animal movies over stayed their welcome.

RedeemedChild

Agent Crab said:

All except for the Chronicles of Narnia. Those movies are great and I am assured that the upcoming Wizard of Oz movies will be even greater, especially with Dakota Fanning in the mix.

Cole

Agent Crab said:
I still have a soft spot for Alvin and the Chipmunks, so bring on the 3rd.

But ya, we're definitely in the "comic book age" - we finally have the technology to do these superheroes justice, Hollywood is a bigger industry than ever regularly forking out $100+ million movies, and these things do amazing at the box office (which goes to show the popularity of comic book heroes and what they mean to our culture).

I wish I could say I was tired of them, but I'm as guilty as anyone for enjoying them. Raimi's Spiderman, Nolan's Batman, del Toro's Hellboy, Favreau's Iron Man.....all extremely entertaining. I also really liked The Incredible Hulk.

TheMutt92

kongisking said:
So, who's the shmuck they got to replace the great Edward Norton. I want to see his face, so I can spit at it.

Mark Ruffalo. He's actually a really good actor (he starred in Zodiac alongside RDJ, and more recently Shutter Island). I wouldn't blame him as much as I would the heads at Marvel. Its a shame they couldn't get Norton back as he was actually The Incredible Hulk's saving grace.

Goonie

Just to tie The Incredible Hulk into the Avengers more (since Ed Norton is out), I'd like to see an appearance by William Hurt's General Ross.

And what's the scoop on Cheadle? Is he in? I thought he had a part in Avengers as well - or did he get replaced too?

Lance Quazar

Goonie said:
Just to tie The Incredible Hulk into the Avengers more (since Ed Norton is out), I'd like to see an appearance by William Hurt's General Ross.

And what's the scoop on Cheadle? Is he in? I thought he had a part in Avengers as well - or did he get replaced too?

Especially since he shared a scene with Tony Stark and Tony was clearly telling him about the Avengers project.

If the movie does begin with the Avengers banding together to stop the Hulk (as has been rumored), Ross simply MUST be in it.

RedeemedChild

:(
Lance Quazar said:
Especially since he shared a scene with Tony Stark and Tony was clearly telling him about the Avengers project.

If the movie does begin with the Avengers banding together to stop the Hulk (as has been rumored), Ross simply MUST be in it.

LOL. Stopping the Hulk eh? Man, writers really are running out of ideas these days. Hulk vs Thor was basically the same thing; save it only featured Thor and the whole of Asgard teaming up against the green giant.

I sure hope they come up with a more sensible story plot than Avengers vs the Hulk. Is it any wonder some people were crying "epic fail" at the Comic-Con yesterday?

Lance Quazar

RedeemedChild said:
:(

LOL. Stopping the Hulk eh? Man, writers really are running out of ideas these days. Hulk vs Thor was basically the same thing; save it only featured Thor and the whole of Asgard teaming up against the green giant.

I sure hope they come up with a more sensible story plot than Avengers vs the Hulk. Is it any wonder some people were crying "epic fail" at the Comic-Con yesterday?

There's a theory that battling the Hulk will bring the team together at the BEGINNING of the movie (but not be the main plot/focus of the story.)

The same thing happened in the original "Ultimates" comic line, of which this movie series is taking some inspiration.

Who was crying Epic Fail at comic con? And why? Where are you getting this? The Avengers news went over extremely well - with the possible exception being some lingering annoyance at the loss of Ed Norton.

RedeemedChild

Lance Quazar said:
There's a theory that battling the Hulk will bring the team together at the BEGINNING of the movie (but not be the main plot/focus of the story.)

The same thing happened in the original "Ultimates" comic line, of which this movie series is taking some inspiration.

Who was crying Epic Fail at comic con? And why? Where are you getting this? The Avengers news went over extremely well - with the possible exception being some lingering annoyance at the loss of Ed Norton.

Thanks Lance. I feel a lot better now. Anyway, some bloggers and Twitter feeds expressed some doubts about the movie and that's what I made reference to.

Still, I'm looking forward to this Captain America: Avengers film.

Willie

An Avengers movie you say? I think I'd watch that. I like comic book movies and I thought both Ironman movies were well done and lets not forget the Superman films and Spiderman and the list goes on and on...;)

RedeemedChild

Willie said:
An Avengers movie you say? I think I'd watch that. I like comic book movies and I thought both Ironman movies were well done and lets not forget the Superman films and Spiderman and the list goes on and on...;)

Yes, I really enjoyed Superman Returns, Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer and Spider Man 2 an 3.

kongisking

RedeemedChild said:
Yes, I really enjoyed Superman Returns, Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer and Spider Man 2 an 3.

Superman Returns is a HIGHLY UNDERRATED film. That being said, the minute I heard about a reboot, I was very upset (what a slap in the face to everything Bryan Singer was trying to do!)...until Christopher Nolan was revealed to be involved. It can only get better from here. :cool:

RedeemedChild

kongisking said:
Superman Returns is a HIGHLY UNDERRATED film. That being said, the minute I heard about a reboot, I was very upset (what a slap in the face to everything Bryan Singer was trying to do!)...until Christopher Nolan was revealed to be involved. It can only get better from here. :cool:

Yes, I'm quite happy Bryand Singer is helming X-Men: First Class to.

I also hope Jerry Bruckheimer will pick Christopher Nolan for The Lone Ranger as he has already made a nice choice in picking Johnny Depp to cast Tonto. I wonder if Bruckheimer will include a bit of "After the Credits" footage that will lead into the Big Thunder Mountain movie sort of like Marvel did for Thor after Iron Man 2.

Anyway regarding The Avengers, I began reading the Avengers: Origins series of one shot comics at the local Borders and I now understand why the upcoming film will revolve around the heroes trying to "stop the Hulk" as it all makes sense now.

Goonie

^Might be better if it was re-dubbed with Samuel's line from "The Other Guys" trailer:
"Uh, somebody call 9-1-holy s***!"
:D