Tattoo, You?

Finn

Staff member
I'm happy to see you were able to settle the dispute all by yourselves.

But to avoid any misunderstandings in the future, perhaps mentioning the purpose of a board-internal link ("there's a thread about this already", "just for reference", etc) could be worth considering?

KiKi Kat

ResidentAlien said:
I suppose hate is still the wrong word.

But I find them tacky to the extreme. I don't think I'd ever date someone with one...

So I'm a Tacky Tramp..:p
But at least I like Floyd so that should make it ok. (y)

AlivePoet

KiKi Kat said:
So I'm a Tacky Tramp..:p
But at least I like Floyd so that should make it ok. (y)

If you had a Pink Floyd tatoo, that might be equatable to martyrdom for a just cause. And I speak from the heart on that one. ;)

Dr Bones

Mine represents someone dear to me.

As indelibe on my skin as they are my heart.

Some would say that's tacky but it will last longer and has more personal meaning from the time than a crumpled old photo or a faded mugshot on a mantle.

As for anyone hating those with tattoos...I'd ask which was more shallow, you or the tattoo?

Dr Bones

Rocket Surgeon said:
Uuuhhhhhh...lets get ready to rrrruummmbbllle!!!!

Heh heh....not up for rumbling.......tonight...;)

End of the day tattoos are merely personal taste, same as designers clothes and hairstyles, only more permanent.

Plenty might well say, "I hate Indiana Jones geeks who have noting better to do than ***** online about how bad KOTCS is" :rolleyes:

To hate somone for what is fundamentally a trivial matter of personal taste, is in my opinoin pretty dumb and a sad indictment of the shallow times we live in.

Hate breeds violence and is born of ignorance...sadly it's probably the guy with tattoos who gets arrested after some bare skinned bigot started something and quickly got way out of his depth.

Dr Bones said:
Heh heh....not up for rumbling.......tonight...;) Hate breeds violence and is born of ignorance.

You don't usually see hate and intellegence walking hand in hand down the street...

Got too many other things to use money for besides a tattoo, but if I were to get one it would probably be my avitar.

Indy Byrd

I have three tats...I have a bleeding Superman tat on my left bicep, my oldest son's name on my left wrist, and a tribal sun tat on my right shoulder. Tats are of personal taste. Some like them, others don't.

avidfilmbuff

Indy Byrd said:
I have three tats...I have a bleeding Superman tat on my left bicep, my oldest son's name on my left wrist, and a tribal sun tat on my right shoulder. Tats are of personal taste. Some like them, others don't.

Why a bleeding Superman? Is it some symbol or reference that I'm not aware of?

Indy Byrd

avidfilmbuff said:
Why a bleeding Superman? Is it some symbol or reference that I'm not aware of?

I don't think it has no other significance except to the "Death of Superman" series in the early 90's. To me however, it speaks of how if you are a hero to someone, you are a enemy to another. If you save someone from trouble here, it is affecting someone else there. Superman was a hero to many, and a foe to others. The symbol I have is it is whole on one half and the other is dripping blood. Save one, hurt the other.....if that makes since.

avidfilmbuff

Indy Byrd said:
I don't think it has no other significance except to the "Death of Superman" series in the early 90's. To me however, it speaks of how if you are a hero to someone, you are a enemy to another. If you save someone from trouble here, it is affecting someone else there. Superman was a hero to many, and a foe to others. The symbol I have is it is whole on one half and the other is dripping blood. Save one, hurt the other.....if that makes since.

I see, thank you for clarifying. I don't read any comics except for Tintin, but I do recall hearing something about the death of Superman. Yes it does make sense by the way, the symbolism you described.

For all your talk, where are the pictures?

I saw a wizened old woman once who looked like she was shaped like a balloon about to burst and did.

The tattoos on her arm looked worse than the eye paints on Hasbro's Indy toys. The Hula dancer on her arm, (no kidding) looked like she was an orginal member of the Fantastic Four.

You guys think about how father time and your body are going to play with those tats like silly putty?

Will your tattoos look like puddles of pigment or fruit left too long near a heater?

Lets see some photos...

The Drifter

Rocket Surgeon said:
The Hula dancer on her arm, (no kidding) looked like she was an orginal member of the Fantastic Four.

Sounds like Little Pete from the Adventures of Pete and Pete.

Dr Bones

Rocket Surgeon said:
For all your talk, where are the pictures?

I saw a wizened old woman once who looked like she was shaped like a balloon about to burst and did.

The tattoos on her arm looked worse than the eye paints on Hasbro's Indy toys. The Hula dancer on her arm, (no kidding) looked like she was an orginal member of the Fantastic Four.

You guys think about how father time and your body are going to play with those tats like silly putty?

Will your tattoos look like puddles of pigment or fruit left too long near a heater?

Lets see some photos...

True but when we get to that age...nobody want to look at your prune skin anway, tattooed or not...Unless of course you are Sean Connery who still has women swooning and he has inks.

By that time, there will be loads of pensioners with tattoos so we won't look out of place.

BTW my great grandfather has tattoos on his forearms...the norm for a former deepsea fisherman. At over 80 his arms with their old tattoos still look like they could open a tin of spinach!

Show us pics of your bare skin!! LOL...,maybe not!:eek:

Dr Bones said:
Unless of course you are Sean Connery
Don't forget Joan Rivers!

You want to see my flacid fish belly? Relax Larry Flint!

You're the ones decorating the monotony of your skin...come on where are the pictures?!

Dr Bones

Rocket Surgeon said:
Don't forget Joan Rivers!

You want to see my flacid fish belly? Relax Larry Flint!

You're the ones decorating the monotony of your skin...come on where are the pictures?!

I personally don't post any pics of myself on the internet...but I am even less inclined to post up pics of my tatts for haters to jump on.

What would be the point?

Dr Bones said:
...but I am even less inclined to post up pics of my tatts for haters to jump on.

Well, I'm no hater and this would seem to be the thread to put them on display...

It seems odd that someone would pay for that kind of work only to hide it.

DocWhiskey

Just got this bad boy done earlier this week...

Did it myself.....

s4b5hs.jpg

Means a lot to me...