Fallen Heroes free for 5 days on Kindle for "Raiders of The Lost Ark" 31st Birthday

paladinb

Fallen Heroes free for 5 days on Kindle for "Raiders of The Lost Ark" 31st Birthday

Anyone who knows me or has been bored to tears by any interview I?ve ever done will know the influence that a little film called Raiders of the Lost Ark had on me when I was 11. It?s not a big claim to say if it wasn?t for that film Fallen Heroes would never have been written, Unseen Shadows Ltd would never exist, there would be no comics,no audio dramas and more importantly I would never have developed a love for Fedoras.

I discovered that this week mark?s the 31st anniversary of my favorite film and I wanted to celebrate that fact. I thought about what I could do (besides watching Raiders again of course) and in the end decided that as people seemed to enjoy it the last time I did it I?ve decided that for the next five days the Kindle version of Fallen Heroes will be available for free on Amazon. So if you?ve not had a chance to try out this new pulp adventure story, which hit the number 1 spot in the Kindle charts now?s your chance.

A stalker of demons and legends, a pair of master criminals, a teenager on the brink of madness and a man forever cursed with the desire for vengeance. They are all pawns in a plan set in motion over nine centuries before their birth. Pursued across the globe by enemies both human and supernatural they must overcome their mistrust of each other and uncover the truth before it destroys them all.

?It reads like a TV series, with cliff hangers at the end of most chapters, and larger than life characters with big egos and quick wits. The book as a whole draws on many popular culture references & influences, and is easily compared to ?Sin City?, ?The Da Vinci Code?, ?Heroes? or ?Buffy? ? there really is something for everyone and I would thoroughly recommend it to anyone that enjoys reading or watching Sci-Fi/Fantasy.? ? Waterstone?s

Fallen Heroes free on Amazon Kindle (UK)

Fallen Heroes free on Amazon Kindle (US)

After the five days are up it will revert back to it?s usual price unless you are an Amazon Prime member in which case you will be able to pick it up for free through the Kindle Owners? Lending Library scheme.

In addition to that I will also be allowing anyone who contacts me directly to choose a digital version of any of the Unseen Shadows comics listed below.

Fallen Heroes #1 (which is already free in digital format) ? The first issue of the comic adaptation of the novel. Martin Conghan (Writer), Steven Penfold (Art), Paul Mclaren (Lettering) and Gat Melvin (Colours)

Fallen Heroes #2 ? The second issue of the comic adaptation of the novel.

Steph Connisbee in Operation Solomon - On a Tour of Duty in the Persian Gulf, Lieutenant Steph Connisbee is signed on as the pilot on a top secret mission- Operation: Solomon. During this assignment she will uncover secrets and danger and step into the world of Unseen Shadows before she even knows it?

Richmond Clements (Writer), Conor Boyle (Art), Paul Mclaren (Lettering)

The Reverend in Wrath of God - The Reverend: a holy weapon forged in tragedy and flame ? a murderous martyr whose cold judgement strikes with the force of a vengeful God. Despair, for the Reverend walks among you. He is the right hand of vengeance. He is Wrath.

Cy Dethan (Writer), Steve Penfold (Art) Gat Melvin (Colours), Nic Wilkinson (Lettering)

Napoleon Stone in Fragments of Fate - Mythical artifacts tied to an ancient legend. A demonic cult obsessed with determining destiny. Professor Napoleon Stone?s latest research project is about to take him on a dark and perilous journey into the unknown. Beaten, broken, terrorised and tortured. It?s time to discover what?s worse, being haunted by your past? Or being tormented by your future?

Pete Rogers (Writer), Roy Huteson Stewart (Colours), Paul Mclaren (Lettering)

Clancy Wallencheck in Band of Butchers - Clancy Wallencheck is a very bad man ? the commander of an elite team that have nothing to live for and a whole lot of people to kill. From the mountains of Pakistan to the waters of Venice, there have been a thousand corpses in Clancy?s life. This is the story of the one that mattered

So again that?s a free digital version of Fallen Heroes either Kindle or pdf and a free digital Unseen Shadows comic of your choosing (in pdf format). This offer will run until Sunday 17th June.

When sending your email for either the book or the comic of your choosing on pdf just send me an email to me at barry@unseenshadows.com with either of the following subject lines.

?Throw me the Comic!? or ?Throw me the Book!? or if you want both ?Throw me the Comic, I throw you the Book!? or you can post your request in this forum.

If you?ve manged to dodge the spears, spiders and giant boulders a shiny pdf will be your reward.

Happy anniversary Raiders of the Lost Ark and long may you continue to bring fortune and glory to all of us fans!

You can hear me talk about my love for Raiders and the other indy films on episode 140 of the IndyCast

Last edited: