Blues Brothers

NileQT87

anybody here like the blues brothers?

its my third favorite movie.

my favorite scene is the chez paul one where jake and elwood are terrorizing all the rich diners with their bad table manners and of course when jake is saying "how much for your little girl, i want to buy your children, i want your women." "how much for your wife, hahahaha!" i just laugh my head off. and then elwood tosses jake shrimp and he catches it in his mouth. and elwood's expression with the "wrong glass sir". oh its hysterical. peewee herman is the dom perignon waiter too. "we have a 1971 dom perignon at $120 a bottle." "thatll be fine pal."

my second favorite scene of course is everybody needs somebody/sweet home chicago/princess leia in the sewer. "please please dont kill us, you know i love you baby, i wouldnt leave ya, it wasnt my fault, my car had a flat tire, i didnt have enough money for cab fare, my tux didnt come back from the cleaners, an old friend came in from out of town, there was an earthquake, a terrible flood! it wasnt my fault i swear to god!"

then id have to say crashing the mall would be next. "looks like oldsmobile opens early this year." "this mall has everything."

then id say bobs country bunker would be next. "oh weve got both kinds: country AND western." "chikenwire?" "im bob and this is my place." "well its a beautiful place bob!" "hello im jacob stein ::flashes cigarette carton:: may i see your union cards please."

btw...RIP JOHN BELUSHI. short in stature, but never short on laughs.

elwood is my favorite blues brother.

what are your favorite scenes?

Canyon

I LOVE the Blues Brothers. It's definately in my top 20 film list.

My favourite parts are when Jake and Elwood try to get their band back together:

Jake: "You were the backbone. The nerve centre of a great rhythm and blues band. You can, make that live, breath and jump again. Murph and the Magic tones? Look at you in those candy ass monkey suits. And I thought I had it bad in Joliet."

Another favourite part of mine is where they take off after the show:

Elwood: "It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."
Jake: "Hit it!"

I've gotta get that movie on DVD...

36.jpe

Finn

Staff member
Only speaking of BB makes the "Everybody need Somebody" start playing inside my head...

"Great... I've just got out from prison... and what does my own brother do... he picks me up with a cop car!"
"You don't like it?"
"No, I don't like it!"
*Wroom*
"She's got a cop motor, a four hundred and forty cubic inch plant, it's got cop tires, cop suspension, cop shocks, it was a model made before catalytic converters so it'll run good on regular gas. Whaddya say? Is it the new Blues Mobile or what?"
"Fix the cigarette lighter."

As a movie: ****
As a good-mood generator: *****+*

:D

Too bad the sequel weren't that good. But oh well, the sequels usually aren't.
Only the scene in the beginning with the Russian mafia was good.

NileQT87

the sequel sucked, so ignore its existance.

------------------------------------

the_light.jpeg

cleophis: "DO YOU SEE THE LIGHT?!"

glowing jake: "THE BAND!"

elwood: "WHAT LIGHT?" ::looks at jake who is glowing bright blue::

glowing jake: "YES REVEREND HG CLEOPHIS, I HAVE SEEN THE LIGHT!"

::does backflips down the center and back::

jake: "THE BAND ELWOOD! THE BAND!"

elwood: "THE BAND? THE BAND. THE BAND!!!"

-------------------------------------

jake: "com'on!!!"

elwood: "ow."

Opening.jpeg

Penguin.jpeg

Crosshairs.jpeg

Catch.jpeg

Twiggy.jpeg

Singing.jpeg

Machine_Gun.jpeg

did you know carrie fisher hosted SNL in costume (leia) the first time the blues brothers appeared (soul man). she is jakes ex-girlfriend in the film. she was also engaged to dan aykroyd at the time.

[Edited by NileQT87-Solo_Baggins on 05-29-2003 at 05:08 pm]

NileQT87

the lines you said finn were:

"the day i get out of prison, my own brother picks me up in a police car."
"you dont like it."
"no i dont like it."

also remember:

"...so i took the liberty of bullsh*tting you."
"you lied to me."
"it wasnt a lie, it was just bullsh*t."

hahahaha

"holy mother of acceleration dont fail me now!"

"well then, i guess youre really up sh*t creek. ::whack:: ow! what did you do that for?!"
"lets try that again shall we. you were saying?"
"i offered to help you. you refused to take our money, and i said, i guess youre really up sh*t creek." ::whack::
"christ jake, take it easy will ya. ::whack:: ow."

"car 55. were in a truck!"

"orange whip. orange whip. 3 orange whips."

"no they dont got my address. i falsified my renewal. i put down 1060 west addison."
"1060 west addison? thats wrigley field."

"hey you sleez! my bed!"

"did you get my cheese whiz boy!"

"how often does the train go by?"
"so often you wont even notice it."

"4 fried chickens and a coke."
"and some dry white toast please."

"mrs. toronto?"
"torontino."

"are you the police?"
"no mam. were musicians."

"you see, were on a mission from god."

"well at least we got a change of clothes sucker, youre wearing the same sh*t you had on 3 years ago."

"one unused prophylactic. one soiled."

"i might have some information mrs. sline might like to know."
"you blackmailing me jake?"
"you might say so, morray we need this gig!"

"he got us to hyde park, ticktock, i got him laid, he owes me."

"hey you 2 gentlemen over there, you 2 girls... ::girls run towards the bluesmobile:: ...its ladies night."

[Edited by NileQT87-Solo_Baggins on 05-29-2003 at 05:05 pm]

00Kevin

Indyfan
uh oh NilesQ...blah blah blah blah blah, I've seen Blues brothers so many times that I have be troubled by the many errors on that quote list....sheesh

blues brothers=best comedy ever
blues brothers=best musical ever
blues brothers=best chase ever
blues brothers=best collection of lines in a movie.....EVER!
00Kevin=coolest ravener EVER!

er uhhhhh.....

YEAH! blues brothers = #1!!! Indy meets the blues brothers:

:cool::cool:

Agent Crab

Anyone remember this? The old one, not the shoddy 2000 version.

Anyways. I enjoyed this movie alot when I was younger. I loved the mall chase scene.

This scene here!

Michael24

Haha!! Very funny movie with some crazy car action.

And check it out! One of the pursuing cops in that clip is Steven Williams, Mr. X himself from The X-Files. (y)

General Grievou

haha, The Blues Brothers is gotta be one of my favorite movies of all time. It's got the right combination of amazing music (I love jazz/blues), really funny situations and some crazy chase scenes.

I don't think the "2000" version is as bad as some people say but, when compared to the original film, it definitely pales.

Lonsome Indy

i actually went as Elwood Blues for Halloween one year, i kept asking people if they were on a mission from god and singing Rawhide whenever i got the chance.

good times, good times.

Agent Crab

Lonsome Indy said:
i actually went as Elwood Blues for Halloween one year, i kept asking people if they were on a mission from god and singing Rawhide whenever i got the chance.

good times, good times.

Have any pictures? That had to be an awesome costume to see.

DocWhiskey

I LOVE the Blues Brothers. One of my favorite films of all time. I live in Chicago around the area where they filmed it. Which kind of ruins it for me.

For instance, the scene where the cops are chasing them always gets me, because in one shot they're driving down the block right down the street where I live and then the next shot they make a sharp turn and end up in front of Gurnee Mills mall which is about an hour away from my house. The magic of movies.

Deckard

How did I miss this thread? I love this film, Jake and Elwood are awesome, and don't forgot the Spielberg cameo at the end. (y)

Michael24

Deckard said:
How did I miss this thread? I love this film, Jake and Elwood are awesome, and don't forgot the Spielberg cameo at the end. (y)
Why Stevie never broke out as a serious actor I'll never understand. :D