King Author

Strider

King Authur

I saw King Authur yesterday, the film that claims to be the "true" story of Arthor and his knights. I was quite impressed with the first half. There was a scene involving the knights and a small army of Saxons fighting on ice that was very effective and entertaining.
Unfortunatly after that the film gradually becomes a very predictible movie with a boring soundtrack and the same sort of action scenes I've probably seen a hundred times.

I thought the film was worth it for the first half. The main problem with it is it really could have been pushed just a little bit further. If they had only given us a story that kept improving on itself and didn't rely on the same sort of elements we have to see over and over.
... still, it was alot better then Troy.

Last edited:

Finn

Staff member
<i>Arthur</i>. The spelling being like that in the thread title too... it's <i>very</I> misleading.

Finn

Staff member
<small>Nah, I'll always humiliate them in public. That keeps them wary next time...</small>

Sir_Winston

I will agree the movie Troy sucked. They messed up the entire plot except for the fact that it was Greeks vs. the Trojans.

I have yet to see King Arthur, but I hear it is not going to be too good either. But, I have yet to see.

Johan

The movie is a story based on the MYTH of King Arthur; however, there has been recent discoveries that do prove a lot of the Myths of king arthur are in fact based on a real person.

Joe Brody

'First Knight'? That would be the Connery/Gere/Ormond flic that was costumed like something from the '60's. [In my best Hannibal Lechter]: Love that blue velvet.

Pale Horse

Staff member
Joe Brody said:
[In my best Hannibal Lechter]: Love that blue velvet.

[In my best Dennis Hopper] Mommie! ;)

First Knight was a tad campy, but it had it's moments. As far as the screenplay, it was very well crafted.

Raffey

The movie wasn't bad. But it wasn't good either. It was missing cinematic magic!

Much like Cold Mountain....it had all the ingredients to be a great film but ended up sub par.

The only thing I liked about First Knight was the battle during which Richard Gere's character kept killing people by taking their weapon and using it against them. What irony!

Last edited: