Panic on the streets of London

Dr Bones

Pretty bad according to reports. Widespread looting and fires. Other smaller riots in other cities around the country.

A lot of media coverage but not at the grass roots or showing how bad it really is. Social media is detailing more than the press.

I feel sad as I was only in Manchester at the weekend and most of where I was is anarchy.

Are these people starving, do they have a political point? No they are feckless youths stealing designer running shoes and electrical goods.

Scum.:gun:

Gear

All after a suspected criminal was shot, right?

Well, in America there was this; a homeless man apparently murdered by police. So far, no riots, but I couldn't help but be reminded of this story when I heard of London's civil unrest.

The difference is, in London, the dead man was the straw that broke the camel's back(?)

Indy Scout 117

Dr Bones said:
Pretty bad according to reports. Widespread looting and fires. Other smaller riots in other cities around the country.

A lot of media coverage but not at the grass roots or showing how bad it really is. Social media is detailing more than the press.

I feel sad as I was only in Manchester at the weekend and most of where I was is anarchy.

Are these people starving, do they have a political point? No they are feckless youths stealing designer running shoes and electrical goods.

Scum.:gun:
god what is this world coming to? (n) its disgraceful...:(

for those of you who live in London you are in my prayers that you stay safe. i heard that buildings are being burned down "for fun" and all kinds of other stories. please be careful guys.

Dr Bones

Gear said:
All after a suspected criminal was shot, right?

Well, in America there was this; a homeless man apparently murdered by police. So far, no riots, but I couldn't help but be reminded of this story when I heard of London's civil unrest.

The difference is, in London, the dead man was the straw that broke the camel's back(?)

His family claim he was decent family man, others say he was a known criminal, suspected gang member.

Fact: He had a criminal record.
Fact: He had a loaded gun when stopped
Fact: Carrying a loaded gun in this country is considered a serious crime.

The looters have noting to do with this incident. It's just a weak excuse for insanity and greed commited by the lowest lifeforms this country has to offer.

The rioters are mostly kids from all backgounds, not just the poor or disillusioned. Kids as young as 10!!! What political point do they have?

Some middle class mother has reported her own son to police after he was seen looting.
Three asian men have been killed buy a deliberate hit and run, whilst defending their mosque and community from rioter.

These people are scum, with no cause, excuse or reason.

They say they are poor, but many have been using Blacberry messaging to co-ordinate looting!

They blame the police for being corrupt. They're the ones stealing! They blame the government cuts. They're the ones milking the welfare state!

There is no one to blame but the greedy, selfish, unemployable scum on our streets and the irresponsible degenerates that spawned them and the soft policies and benefits that coddle them.

Enough is enough. :mad:

Last edited:

Gear

If this were happening in America right now, everyone else would be condemning the incident as a result of 'bestial, stupid, Americans'... Because nowhere else does evil dwell, surely. :rolleyes:

Just an observation.

On that note, it stuns me that firearms are illegal in the U.K.(?)!

Montana Smith

Nurhachi1991 said:
Is it worse than The Brixton riots?

These current 'riots' are opportunistic. Once people realized others were looting freely in London they felt left out and started their own 'riots' in Manchester, Birmingham, Gloucester...

There was even a kid on the radio who said it would be stupid not to take that opportunity as he said the prisons were full and at his parents would only shout at him at worst - he had no fear of being "grounded".

And yet others try and excuse their actions by saying its against government cuts, or even as one youth put it, "to show what the poor can do to the rich." :rolleyes: (Tell that to the 'rich' corner shop owner who works 80-90 hours a week to keep his business going, and who has to stand and watch as a gang systematically loots it and burns it to the ground).

The well-dressed poor were last seen loading up their loot in their flashy fast cars.

In part they feel themselves justified because many of the politicians were themselves white-collar looters, and top policemen have been exposed as corrupt. Society is marked by a massive lack of respect and ignorance at both ends of the spectrum.

Gear said:
On that note, it stuns me that firearms are illegal in the U.K.(?)!

Handguns are illegal. Rifles and shotguns are legal, if you can prove the need to possess them.

Last edited: