What stunts in the OT are inconceivable for our present Indy?

Mephisto

Indy's brother said:
Honestly, the first stunt that comes to mind is bedding hot young female leads.

Screw that! Indy could replay the scene he did Henry Jones Sr. but this time with Mutt.

"It's disgraceful, you're old enough to be her fa... her grandfather."
"Well, I'm as human as the next man."
"Dad, I *was* the next man."
"Oh... ships that pass in the night."

:gun: :whip:

Montana Smith

Mephisto said:
Screw that! Indy could replay the scene he did Henry Jones Sr. but this time with Mutt.

"It's disgraceful, you're old enough to be her fa... her grandfather."
"Well, I'm as human as the next man."
"Dad, I *was* the next man."
"Oh... ships that pass in the night."

:gun: :whip:

With Shia's reputation the woman in question would be Marion. :eek:

Montana Smith

IJcartoon_18.jpg

I think the bottom lin is, were there to be physical failures, (and many there should be) the joking asides should wait till later.

The Bantu Wind scene was THE way to do it. Screaming "WATER! WATER!", was a nice transition to the next cliff hanger, but where were the consequences once the adrenaline cut off?

Montana Smith

Rocket Surgeon said:
The Bantu Wind scene was THE way to do it.

In those days he was young enough to recover. Nowadays he's liable to leave various organs attached to booby traps. The only thing he'll be sure of keeping is his hat.

Montana Smith said:
In those days he was young enough to recover. Nowadays he's liable to leave various organs attached to booby traps. The only thing he'll be sure of keeping is his hat.

I don't mind seeing him getting beat up...I like the fact that he's tenacious. The wise cracks just have to take a backseat next time out. At least till a more opportune moment.

Montana Smith

Rocket Surgeon said:
I don't mind seeing him getting beat up...I like the fact that he's tenacious. The wise cracks just have to take a backseat next time out. At least till a more opportune moment.

Most wise cracks are old hat now. They can make for a poor substitute for meaningful dialogue, and ultimately reduce any scene to the level of the wise crack itself.

Montana Smith said:
Most wise cracks are old hat now. They can make for a poor substitute for meaningful dialogue, and ultimately reduce any scene to the level of the wise crack itself.

Indy taking the hat from Mutt was enough of a wisecrack...

Would Indy bedding a young (Mutt's) love interest be considered a stunt?

No Ticket

Personally, I don't know if I can really maintain a suspension of disbelief of Indy doing stunts knowing Harrison's real age at this point in time. It's true, the last film the "age" problem was the least of it's issues... but it will be a lot harder to forget he is 70-something with Indy 5.

In a lot of ways, I don't want it to be made. I feel now, that the time has passed. If they wanted to make Indy 5 they should have done it years and years ago (same goes for Indy 4 to a lesser extent).

... But if they do move forward with it, I think it would be best if they actually had him sustain a serious injury from trying to do something he would have pulled off at 30/40 something. Make a sort of joke out of him getting too old for it. It would be all that more interesting to see him continually get himself out of dangerous situations while injured, all the while people yelling at him for being crazy and/or stupid to be trying stuff like that at his age.

On that note: It would be interesting if throughout the film he was racing against time in some way. An injury of some kind that, if he didn't reach where he needed to in time, he'd die. Yes, kind of like at the end of TLC, but drawn out and all on Indy.

I'm against him "bedding" Mutt's gf or something because I don't think they really need to repeat that joke. It's been done.

Montana Smith

No Ticket said:
Personally, I don't know if I can really maintain a suspension of disbelief of Indy doing stunts knowing Harrison's real age at this point in time. It's true, the last film the "age" problem was the least of it's issues... but it will be a lot harder to forget he is 70-something with Indy 5.

In a lot of ways, I don't want it to be made. I feel now, that the time has passed. If they wanted to make Indy 5 they should have done it years and years ago (same goes for Indy 4 to a lesser extent).

... But if they do move forward with it, I think it would be best if they actually had him sustain a serious injury from trying to do something he would have pulled off at 30/40 something. Make a sort of joke out of him getting too old for it. It would be all that more interesting to see him continually get himself out of dangerous situations while injured, all the while people yelling at him for being crazy and/or stupid to be trying stuff like that at his age.

On that note: It would be interesting if throughout the film he was racing against time in some way. An injury of some kind that, if he didn't reach where he needed to in time, he'd die. Yes, kind of like at the end of TLC, but drawn out and all on Indy.

Imagine if George takes a note from The Dark Knight Rises, and has a Bane character break Indy's back, so that a young apprentice (Mutt/Azrael) has to step in while he recovers. :eek:

The horror! The horror!