Possible New Charactor Revealed! (Minor Spolier)

00Kevin

Indyfan
Why did George Lucas not like the script, it seems it may be because he didn't like a subplot involving Indy's Brother (for one)!

that's right, it seems that the seemingly bogus rumor of Indy's Long lost Brother was true! It was included in Darabont's script, but it seems that George didn't like it.

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news04/040205b.php

it seems that Kevin Costner has had talks with Speilburg on this. Remembering his role in the Untouchables, I kinda see him as Indys' Brother, if anyone. But still, I've not been found of the Indy's Brother plot at all, hopefully Uncle George will cut it.

Hmmm, if indy gets his saxaphone from college, they can be:

:cool: The Blues Brothers! :cool:

Finn

Staff member
I may sound hypocritic now, but I for one understand Lucas if he didn't approve the script because of this... somehow a brother sounds like an odd addition to an Indy movie, especially 'cos nothing in LC hinted that he may have one.

Pale Horse

Staff member
The only possible way a brother storyline would work, is if it was someone who claimed to be a brother but really wasn't. He would have be be a villian. And even that is a stretch.

I don't believe the 'brother' line either.

Joe Brody

I too hope this is just another resurrection of a long dead rumor. Like other posters here, I am very put-off at the thought of the Brother subplot.

What scares me is that I can see how this subplot could come to pass. Let's face it, an older Harrison Ford is no longer guaranteed success at the box-office, and one of the tired gimmicks to breathe life into a franchise is to introduce more characters to (i) provide a means for adding more starpower, and/or (ii) add a nice little twist to the storyline to create buzz to help attract ordinary moviegoers.

Unfortunately, a Brother subplot -- like the Father subplot in LC -- is made to order. If there was a brother, I agree with apalehorse and say he would have to be a villian -- but let's hope we never get that far.

FordFan

No one is a guarantee at the box office. Some may be on a lucky streak, but there's no such thing as a guaranteed box office draw.

Tom Hanks has been on a roll, but then again so was Ford.

FordFan

And as a side note, I think the notion of Indiana Jones having a brother would create more havoc in terms of continuity than the Star Wars films have. Indy said "It was just the two of us". At Henry Sr's house, there are pictures of Indy and his dad, and of no one else.

Indy having a brother makes this a B movie of the week already.

Strider

I don't like it. Last Crusade centered alot on family, for the next Indy film I want to see them go in a differant direction then that.

LASTCRUSADER

I know this has been said before by many other Raveners. The fourth installment should be done in the same style as Raiders. TOD and LC were great flicks. I think that for a fourth and final installment going back to basics is the way to go. Like Strider said the family thing has already been done.

intergamer

I agree that the brother thing is a little wierd. But I would like to see some sort of plot twist, something that either is surprising or that delves deeper into some aspects of the Indiana Jones character that we haven't seen before. Whether this is manifested in a long-lost relative or not is up for grabs. But why make a sequel just to make it the same as the original?

Ska

Is this an adventure movie or a soap opera???

I can see it now..........close your eyes and drift away to your seat at the "Indiana Jones and the Young and the Restless" midnight premier............

Indiana Jones: Put down the idol, Pennsylvania!
Pennsylvania Jones: Don't think so Jones. This idol is mine...buwahahahahaha! Don't make me tell Dad on you.
Indiana Jones: Leave my father out of this!
Pennsylvania Jones: You mean, our father.
*shocking soap opera music plays...du du duh!*
Indiana Jones: What?!
Pennsylvania Jones: Yeah that's right, brother. And I slept with Marion and Willie too!

Now fast forward to the finale...........Pennsylvania Jones is in a coma. Indiana is at Pennsylvania's bedside at a hospital............

Indiana Jones: I'm sorry I tried to kill you. If only Dad were still here and you weren't in a coma. Everything would be ok, brother!

Indiana puts his hand on Pennsylvania's hand as the camera zooms out.........

Sorry, I guess what I'm saying is...NO BROTHER IN INDY IV!

Later,
Ska

Pale Horse

Staff member
SKAbatula said:
{shocking soap opera music plays...du du duh!}
Pennsylvania Jones: Yeah that's right, brother. And I slept with Marion and Willie too!

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!! :D

philhos

apalehorse said:
SKAbatula said:
{shocking soap opera music plays...du du duh!}

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!! :D

Just curious, but do you actually laugh like that? Do you actually say, "BWA" before all your "Ha"s?

Like I said, just curious.

Tennessee R

philhos said:
BWAHAHAHAHAHA!! :D [/B]

Just curious, but do you actually laugh like that? Do you actually say, "BWA" before all your "Ha"s?
[/B][/QUOTE]

Philhos, Sallah laughed like that at the end of Last Crusade, and maybe Apalehorse is trying to duplicate that, trying to simulate a solid, deep-bellied laugh.

Indyologist

Oh good Lord, NOOO!

00Kevin said:
Why did George Lucas not like the script, it seems it may be because he didn't like a subplot involving Indy's Brother (for one)!

that's right, it seems that the seemingly bogus rumor of Indy's Long lost Brother was true! It was included in Darabont's script, but it seems that George didn't like it.

No, no, NO! Thank God Lucas decided against this. This is one of the things I DO NOT want to see in IJ4. I don't want any goofy, campy plots involving:

1.) Aliens
2.) Dead enemies that come back to life (OR any of their relatives, thankyouverymuch)
3.) No long-lost relatives whether they're evil or not.

My humble opinion.

bob

Indy having a brother....

No it is soap operaish in the worst way (Being bland and ludicrious) I don't think at Indy's age and with the far more important relationship with his father the brother sub plot can work..... unless he is evil of course!