What happens after the trilogy?

Johan

What Happens After?

Why have there only been books about Indy's past? Why do you think they haven't made any books that take place after the movies?

I

Indy_Jones88

Tim Zahn books? What are those, Indy books in the making?

Ayrun

Moderator Emeritus
Tim Zahn wrote a series of Star Wars books, which deals with things after Return of the Jedi. Sequels of the original Star Wars trilogy? but then in book form.
Good writer, btw? those books were great. :)

Johan

I can see that if there is going to be Indy 4...otherwise I would like to see a lot more novels. They gotta give the fans something.

Johan

I'm young with no kids yet...I don't want to be bringing my grand kids to the Premiere of Indy 4. (I don't expect HF will be walking at that point in time)

Finn

Staff member
Renderking Fisk said:
LucasFilm has a provision that anything that happens AFTER LC is left to future movies.
*cough*<i>IM</i>*cough*<i>FoA</i>*cough* ...why do people <i>always</i> forget?

Pan Rado

Re: What Happens After?

IndyJohan said:
Why have there only been BOOKS about Indy's past? Why do you think they haven't made any BOOKS that take place after the movies?

Finn said:
*cough*<i>IM</i>*cough*<i>FoA</i>*cough* ...why do people <i>always</i> forget?

Well, I don't want to sound like a smart-ass, but there weren't any BOOKS that dealt with what happened after LC. And not everyone considers computer or video games a 'legit' form of storytelling.

Finn

Staff member
Re: Re: What Happens After?

Pan Rado said:
Well, I don't want to sound like a smart-ass, but there weren't any BOOKS that dealt with what happened after LC. And not everyone considers computer or video games a 'legit' form of storytelling.
The point, my friend was, that Ren claimed there's no official Indiana Jones fiction <i>at all</i> after LC, which I proved him wrong. Now please go back and read his post very carefully... you can possibly understand it too.

Finn

Staff member
Thanks, Ren for clearing it out.

Now you can point your fingers and laugh at me. But I still say it gave me the image.

Pan Rado

Re: Re: Re: What Happens After?

Finn said:
The point, my friend was, that Ren claimed there's no official Indiana Jones fiction <i>at all</i> after LC, which I proved him wrong.

Of course, but then...

Iron Phoenix, Spear of Destiny, not to mention Mystery of the Blues - why do people always forget.

Basically, the question was about books. Hence my comment, which, by the way, wasn't supposed to be hostile in any way, and I apologise if You took it that way.

Finn said:
Now please go back and read his post very carefully... you can possibly understand it too.

That comment though, if not outright hostile, is patronising at best. Let's shake hands and be friends from now on (and with that, this topic slowly turns into a cheesfest).

Now, the funny thing is, we're all wrong, since some (if not all, I haven't read them) of Hohlbein books ARE taking place after Indy3. Too bad nobody cared to translate them.

Johan

Maybe I should consiter getting them...My wife offered to translate for me

And as for the sequels in the Star Wars Books...you gotta remember SW is not based on one single charachter...that makes it a lot easier to have all sort of movies, games and books (which they do)

Last edited:

Finn

Staff member
Renderking Fisk said:
Hey... we all make mistakes. Like AntiJones's parents for exsample.
That was not a mistake, Ren. It was a minor disaster.

And Pan Rado... it's just my way, nothing personal. To a slightly sarcastic post I give a double load in return. Let's be friends, it's okay for me.

I

Indy's_main_man

Renderking Fisk said:
Hey... we all make mistakes. Like AntiJones's parents for exsample.

so mean.................yet so funny

Lord Excalibur

I think that after Indiana Jones IV comes out on the cinemas or if it does I think that there will be novels that takes place after LC. During the period of 1939-1950. And if I becomes a writer in the future I would like to write a book that takes place during that era, well you can dream :p.