Possibility of Sideshow Toys or Neca making future Indy collectibles?

Vlad Dracula

Hasbro has the master toy license for Indiana Jones. It's possible they could sub license out 12 inch adult collector dolls to Sideshow like they did with Star Wars. But not a chance on NECA or any company other than Hasbro releasing toys or action figures.

Vlad Dracula

Well, Toy Fair is this Sunday, so we will know soon enough whether or not we will get any Indy toys this year. Honestly, it's about time Hasbro did something with the license other than those few Disney toys.

JK_Antwon

Vlad Dracula said:
Well, Toy Fair is this Sunday, so we will know soon enough whether or not we will get any Indy toys this year. Honestly, it's about time Hasbro did something with the license other than those few Disney toys.
This is a good point, but I doubt anything will ahppen till next year. But I will be hopeing!

deckard24

(y) Even if Hasbro has the rights to Indy merch, than I'm sure that Lucas & co. will make sure they get as much out of Indy's big return w/working through companies like Sideshow. Hasbro's line is more kid oriented, leaving Sideshow for the more adult collector. I'm sure every possible demographic will be tapped into w/the new movie. What's sad is a lot of kids these days have never even seen an Indy flick, I'm 28 and I grew up w/the movies, wearing out my beta and vhs tapes from repeated viewings as much as my copies of Jaws and Star Wars. There's been rumours of a rerelease of the Indy movies to get the younger generation up to speed, but I don't know how likely that is w/ it being the 30th anniversary of Star Wars this year, and the myriad of huge blockbuster franchises hitting theaters this summer, Spiderman/Shrek/Potc. I suppose I could see some Indy merchandise through Hasbro, but I'm doubting seeing kids playing w/a little 3/4'' 65 year old Indy figure. I just hope either way we get a fully detailed screen accurate replica of Indy from Sideshow. I'd love to see what Neca would do, but they haven't touched anything Star Wars so I don't see it happening.

deckard24

I just checked out the Sideshow website and they're really gearing up for the 30th anniversary of Star Wars, which makes me wonder if Indy is soon to come. Maybe when filming starts there will be some confirmation, but have any of you toy aficionados heard any rumours at all?