Indiana Jones and the Ridiculous Collection

rdeanstarr

IndianaJones_RidiculousType-Small.gif

Here's a few pics of things I especially like from my 800+ piece assemblage (and growing), Indiana Jones and the Ridiculous Collection:

_ROTLA-CrewHatPost-ProductionHoward.jpg

_TOD-CrewJacket1of2inCollection-1.jpg

_ROTLA-CrewShirtYellowRecalledDesig.jpg

_ROTLA-ScriptOriginalMedwayProducti.jpg

_ROTLA-ShirtCrewEagleDesign-2.jpg

_ApeSlavesofHowlingIsland-OriginalC.jpg

(On the one above, I own the original cover artwork, and the book) (y)

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p96/rdeanstarr/_IJ-MoviePosterIndianaJonesandtheLo.jpg
This is a fan-made movie poster, produced as a one-of-a-kind full-size movie poster for yours truly. It's beautiful! (as Belloq might have said)

_IJ-PosterYugoslavianDDReleasePromo.jpg

Scarce Yugoslavian DVD release poster. And what would life be without Yugoslavia?

_IJ-PosterMarvelComicsStorePromo.jpg

VERY rare Marvel Comics in-store promo poster for the comic series. I also have the more common, full-color Dave Dorman poster.

IJ-PrintingPlateFurtherAdventuresof.jpg

Original, one-of-a-kind master printing plate used to produce Indiana Jones #24, shown below:

ijcofa24.jpg

Last edited:

rdeanstarr

Ridiculous Collection

Oh, yes, it adds up REALLY fast. I would never has guessed that probably several THOUSAND various products and items have been produced for Indiana Jones, given the "real time" marketplace. I suppose it shouldn't surprise me, given the nearly 1.4 billion the franchise has generated.

On another note, I've included a photo of my newly framed artwork for INDIANA JONES AND THE APE SLAVES OF HOWLING ISLAND. I designed the frame and matte and really love how it came out. Love to hear any other opinions.

_IJ-PaintingOriginalHowlingIslandBo.jpg

rdeanstarr

Ridiculous Collection

Viper said:
Very nice. Do you have any original movie props?

Nothing major or really worth mentioning. I do own half of the last surviving mold used to create the headpiece for the Staff of Ra. I'm planning on having it shadowboxed with my signed photo of Karen Allen holding the headpiece.

I've got a few smaller things, mostly from TOD. I made a decision a while back to only buy cheaper, smaller things to build up the collection's variety. One thing I've noticed is that ever few years key Indy props come back into the marketplace. When I'm more stable financially in a few years, I'll add those items every couple of years. They're just too big of money now, and that's money I'd rather spend on much less expensive, but more interesting, Indy items. ;)