New pics of the Last Crusade wave and TOD Adventure heros!

Deckard

thegogglesdonot said:
Interesting that they chose a Thugee Priest for the Adventure Heroes line. I would love to see one in the normal line. As well as the Thugee and Thugee Captain (already revealed). It seems TOD is the richest film for figures.

As for TLC, if we get Donovan, Brody and Sallah next year. There wont be much left really.

Fedora, Panama Hat, Herman, Kazim, Brotherhood of Crusiform Sword, Haitian Soldiers, Haitian Tank Commander, Sultan, German Pilot, Black Suited Vogel, Venice Elsa, Indy in German Disguise, Dare I say even Adolf Hitler? Plenty of figures from TLC left.

yeah obviously there are loads of different characters in the movies. But I was talking about action figures. Given that this line will almost definately have a relatively short life span. How many of those are likely.

Deckard

thegogglesdonot said:
wish you were right but without some sort of media supporting it (which is not unlikely) it just wont! Few years tops.

Hasbro already said it will last a few years if they have there way.

I think if you are realistic you know that this line will not be a great seller after the initial release, and will die very quicky. Toy lines to come to very abrupt ends when sales are poor.

Deckard

thegogglesdonot said:
I think if you are realistic you know that this line will not be a great seller after the initial release, and will die very quicky. Toy lines to come to very abrupt ends when sales are poor.

And I think your underestimating this line.

RichardJones

Deckard said:
And I think your underestimating this line.

I agree, totally underestimating this great upcoming line. As a collector I have seen other lines which I thought would do better but never seem to pan out. For me it’s the Mcfarlane LOST figure line, which I love , and have created a diorama based on what was originally supposed to be released . But the line is struggling and so far there as been only 2 waves or series , and of coarse does not look like a third is in the near future . However Indiana Jones has stood the test of time, these movies have a major fan base (as you all know ). And I don’t think this line will be limited to a few waves. Hasbro could do so many things, how about a Indiana Jones Unleashed line . That would be great (y) , or Indiana Jones transformers, which I think would be a bad idea(n) , but people would buy them. Indiana Jones will be around for a long time…..:whip:

RichardJones said:
I agree, totally underestimating this great upcoming line. As a collector I have seen other lines which I thought would do better but never seem to pan out. For me it?s the Mcfarlane LOST figure line, which I love , and have created a diorama based on what was originally supposed to be released . But the line is struggling and so far there as been only 2 waves or series , and of coarse does not look like a third is in the near future . However Indiana Jones has stood the test of time, these movies have a major fan base (as you all know ). And I don?t think this line will be limited to a few waves. Hasbro could do so many things, how about a Indiana Jones Unleashed line . That would be great (y) , or Indiana Jones transformers, which I think would be a bad idea(n) , but people would buy them. Indiana Jones will be around for a long time?..:whip:

Well of course you both could well be right and I hope you are!

But I just think that this line doesnt have legs. Dont misunderstand me I will buy every figure they release and have been wanted indy figures for decades.
But just picture the aisles filled with racks of nazis, old guys, and mulitples of Indy. You gotta look at the bigger picture and not as an Indy fan, cos it is pretty niche. The new movie, and it maybe awesome, is not going to drum up fanatical fans like the old movies did. I mean picture how big of a peg warmer these guys will be - monkey man, nazi soldier, sallah, in fact MOST of the line will be peg warmers from start to finish. To a non Indy fan these are THE most boring figures in the store. The Lost comparison is a good one, this is a property with a VERY big fan base. The figures are mostly well produced, but you cant get away from the fact that they are really BORING figures.

I believe that after each film gets a second wave the line is pretty much over, apart from exhausting most of the figures options anyway, the line will have been around for over a year and interest will have died before the summer ends.

Just my opinion....

ChromiumBlue37

The big product push will help to ignite things.

We have the new movie, food items, the re-issue of the original DVD collection, new video games, apparel and other goodies. This should create enough interest from parents and kids in the toys. Hopefully it will keep the line healthy into whatever Lucas/Spielberg come up with next - new movie or animated tv show?

RichardJones

ChromiumBlue37 said:
The big product push will help to ignite things.

We have the new movie, food items, the re-issue of the original DVD collection, new video games, apparel and other goodies. This should create enough interest from parents and kids in the toys. Hopefully it will keep the line healthy into whatever Lucas/Spielberg come up with next - new movie or animated tv show?

I hope if they do another movie it will be with Indy, I like Shia and I am sure Mutt will be cool , But without Indiana Jones :whip: , well there is no Indiana Jones(n) . I do however think an animated TV show would be great, they could bridge the gap between TLC and KOTCS (y)