Yet another Bag/Strap question.

Flowah

Hey guys. New member here with a question about straps.

I bought a Magnoli bag + Wade strap a couple months ago, and they are great. The bag's fantastic and the strap is much much much better than the POS WPG strap I used to have. Problem is, the whole thing cost me about $85. I would like another bag/strap combo and so far Todd's seems like a pretty decent option.

I did some searches on Todd's and the opinions appear to be very favorable towards his quality. However, there were some early concerns voiced about the size of the bag being too small, and the color being off. I would like to know if the size is now up to par with the Magnoli bag. The sizing is very important because I plan to use this bag to carry my 10inch netbook around, it would be a snug fit. I also would like to know if the compartments in the bag are just like the original/Magnoli repros or if they are like WPG's repro.

My Magnoli repro has a divider in the large center compartment which makes it impossible to use as a bag for my netbook. It's also just too well crafted for me to have the heart to take a scissor to it. Does Todd's also have this divider? I might be more willing to cut his since it is cheaper. What are the other compartments like? Does anyone have pictures?

And now for the strap. After using a WPG strap and a Wade Egan strap, I never want to go back to a bad strap again. I've read just one review of Todd's strap and it seemed enthusiastic about the quality but more opinions would be nice. Things like the color and how it compares to Magnoli/Wade Egan straps would be very helpful. I'm interested in seeing if it is as soft and supple as Wade's, which I barely had to break in.

And of course, if anyone else has any suggestions for straps, that would be great. But again, I'm really not looking to spend too much money. If I were, I would probably just go for the Magnoli/Wade combo again and just cut the divider.

Dr. Wolfwood

Flowah said:
The sizing is very important because I plan to use this bag to carry my 10inch netbook around, it would be a snug fit.

My Magnoli repro has a divider in the large center compartment which makes it impossible to use as a bag for my netbook.
Cannot you just put the netbook into the bag vertically, instead of horizontally? Sure, it makes the top flap bulge a little bit, but it should not be too much (depending on the width of your netbook, of course - some of those 10" models are too wide for their own good). Worked well with my Asus 1000H as I carried it around in a seminar I attended.

Jorbex

Have you asked Magnoli if he can make you a bag without the interior dividers? I'd bet he'd be willing.

Flowah

I bet he would be, but like I said, money is a factor this time. It would be $58.00 from Todd's, for the whole package. Magnoli's would be almost $30 more. And really, if people were happy with Todd's I'd like to give him a try. But the divider question, the size question. Does anyone with a Todd's bag want to take some pictures of the inside/review his strap?

Flowah

Well my question about the bag has been answered by other means. Now for the strap.

Does anyone have any thoughts on the quality of Todd's strap? Perhaps a comparison to Magnoli's and Wade's offerings.

indyclone25

well i havent seen the other strap but i have the strap from todds i got when i ordered my bag from todds and it looks great and feels sturdy enough

indyclone25

here are pics with my new todds shirt, bag and strap
mikeysbirthday014.jpg

mikeysbirthday013.jpg