SciFi Expo

San Holo

My friend at work is a huge Star Trek dork, and always goes to the expos. She has been bugging me for a long time to go with her, but I always find excuses out of it- I can't stand Trekkies...But Karen Allen is going to be at the next show, and I would like to see her and maybe score an autograph of her and Indy.The dude that played Murdock in A-Team will be there too(he rocks) Can anyone tell me what to expect at a SciFi Expo?

indifan101

When I went to the Star Wars Episode 3 Celebration convention I saw almost everyone in nerd shirts and costumes. I had to dress up as a scout-trooper. But it was awsome and George Lucas was there! Your in for a real treat San! Mechandise, posters, costumes and celebrities. (Hey, you may see Shatner there!):D Ya never know what you'll find at those coventions!

San Holo

ClintonHammond said:
Nerds... geeks... dorks.... ya know.. just like here...

Ya might even find filkers, furies and fan-boys....

Have a damn good time!
Filkers ehh? That is all I wanted to know;)

Johan

mmm...someone should do a study on the differences between INdy fans and Star wars fans...should be interesting to see the results

Johan

How many in these forums consiter themselves geeks? And are these the ones that are also Star Wars fans. personally, I don't like Star Wars. But then again...would you consiter anyone on a movie forum a geek? I think this could be under the steriotypes thread

Who says being a geek is a bad thing?

I've been referred to as The God-Emperor of Geeks.... and I wear that moniker like a scar of honour.

:p
Heh

Johan

ClintonHammond said:
Who says being a geek is a bad thing?

I've been referred to as The God-Emperor of Geeks.... and I wear that moniker like a scar of honour.

:p
Heh

Yeah but that would mean you are fictional because "God" doesnt exist right?

Johan

Mmm. Seen it in the store and library but never bothered to check it out. What's it about?

IndyBuff

IndyJohan said:
How many in these forums consiter themselves geeks? And are these the ones that are also Star Wars fans. personally, I don't like Star Wars. But then again...would you consiter anyone on a movie forum a geek? I think this could be under the steriotypes thread

I like Star Wars but I wouldn't say that I'm a Star Wars geek. I went to the Episode III premire with a friend and I was one of the few who didn't dress up. However, I will dress up for Indy IV if possible, so I guess that makes me an Indy geek. And to quote Elvis Costello: "I'll wear it proudly.":)

San Holo

Well, I went to the ComicCon today and spentway too much money. Today was the 2nd and final day, and nobody was there-besides the celebs,venders,and me. I got to talk to Karen Allen for a long time. She was extremely nice and funny. She told me that she has not been contacted yet about Indy 4. "Who knows with that thing" were her exact words. I got to meet Boba Fett and Murdock from A-Team, also. Tom Jane was there and looked stoned out of his gourd. I bought some old Kenner Indy toys for $5 bucks (not too shabby),and a couple of the old school 1980's lightsabers that made the swooshing sound. All in all, I had a blast.

roundshort

San Holo said:
My friend at work is a huge Star Trek dork, and always goes to the expos. She has been bugging me for a long time to go with her, but I always find excuses out of it- I can't stand Trekkies...But Karen Allen is going to be at the next show, and I would like to see her and maybe score an autograph of her and Indy.The dude that played Murdock in A-Team will be there too(he rocks) Can anyone tell me what to expect at a SciFi Expo?

Love the A-team, they really need to remake this into a movie!