Advice on selling Indiana Jones Collection

LUMBFILM

Hello to everyone on the board.

Can anyone tell me of the best place to sell my entire indy Collection. I want to sell it as a whole so ebay is out - just too much stuff.

I know we aren`t suppossed to offer stuff on here thats why im askign for advice.

I've seen lots of "Lots" of items on eBay.....

I suspect it'd be easier to sell if you broke it up....

Take a page from the movie 40 Year Old Virgin, and find a "We Sell Your Stuff On eBay" store...
heh

Johan

If I were you I would wait until the fourth movie comes out (if it does). This will bring up the demand for vintage Indy...and if you have the supply. You will walk away with a heavier wallet.

Johan

ClintonHammond said:
I've seen lots of "Lots" of items on eBay.....

I suspect it'd be easier to sell if you broke it up....

Take a page from the movie 40 Year Old Virgin, and find a "We Sell Your Stuff On eBay" store...
heh

Don't you have any of those stores where you are from CH? Even Winnipeg has one, although the Ontario economy has not been the greatest as of late...I don't think an ebay store will slow you down any. Not a bad idea, I should open one myself.

"I would wait until the fourth movie comes out"
Damned good davice that!!!

"Don't you have any of those stores where you are from"
Nope....

LUMBFILM
I know you can't actually sell your stuff here at The Raven (More's the pity) but at least share with us a list of what you have going eh....

:)

LUMBFILM

Brief list as follows

raiders
Atari 2600 video game
OST Double vinyl LP (limited editon with extra music)
story of Lp
OST LP
OST CD
OST CD expanded
OST cassette
desert chase mpc model kit
Map room playset mib
sallah figure moc
toht figure moc
Indy as soldier figure moc
Belloq mail away figure mib
Collectors edition magazine
Japanese program
Trading card set
Comic adaptation
Novel

Doom
Cinefex doom issue
OST LP
OST CD
OST cassette
Japanese program
Foh stills (8)
Trading card set
Comic adaptation
4 different collectors glasses (7 up)
Novel

Last crusade
cinefex crusade isssue
OST LP
OST CD
OST cassette
CD VOLUME 2 UNRELEASED MUSIC
Japanese program
Foh stills (8)
Commemorative plate 2 different
Comic adaptation
Novel
Film poster (original)
pepsi promo poster
pepsi promo cups

other
Trilogy cd soundtrack
young indy cd vol 1 to 4
young indy transylvania promo score cd
Full set of french pogs
Italian sticker album (complete with unstuck stickers full set)
Video box set
Dvd boxset
Dvd press kit
Every dark horse comic series
Further adventures of indiana jones marvel series (34 issues)
Gi joe indy
Indy theme park toys (full set)
various annuals
muppet indy

theres more but thats all from memory as its all stored in boxes in attic so i`ll have to make a proper list.

I don't see any reason to doubt that was typed from memory....

Nice collection.... It'd be wicked to see it all in a pic or 4....

Care to share why you're dumping it?

Rent
Food
Medical Bills
Coke habbit

I hope it's none of the above... I hope you're selling it because you WANT to... not because you HAVE to......

LUMBFILM

Reason for selling

Basically I ma short film maker trying to make my mark in the world so I wanted to make some cash to buy some film making gear.

I have had this collection a long time but its only stored away so i thought id see what advice i could get.

Ha ha, and yes that was from memory, I can remember nearly the whole collection - not too difficult if you think hard.

ANy one care to guess on a price?

San Holo said:
Right now, I would guess around...three grand.

Not from what he listed it's not even close. I keep a close eye on this stuff, and you might get $400-500 depending on how the carded figures look, the ToD CD is out of print and goes for a bit as well. That would be if you sold it as a set. You might get more for it depending on how things looked and what else you have.

Personally I'd part it out, you could put a few things together, some of the figures, the CDs, things like that. The biggest items are the Raiders stuff, espesciallly the model, the MOCs, and the MIB stuff.

I agree - $400-500. The only valuable stuff are the ROTLA Kenner stuff and the TOD soundtrack. The rest (although cool) is fairly common. You might do better making themed-bundles. The downside is you'll find yourself cherry-picked and left with the ordinary & common items.

Lon

Look on eBay and see what each item is going for individually, if they are up for sale that is. That will give you an idea of what you'd make.

I'd have to agree with everyone else in that you'll have to break up the collection if you're going to make any money selling. I also agree with Bruno that the figures and CD are about it in terms of what would automatically sell.

You could try taking out a classified ad in Toy Shop magazine.

Dr. HenryJones.jr

well, I read here and I think, I have selling the Indy Comic from Darkhorse wheren I have double and this sell at my ebay but I put on German Ebay...sorry, this comic are all english.

etobicoke indy

i would say the same as most...right now on Ebay anything Kenner,LJN,or uber rare stuff goes insane...the rest,well depends how bad somebody wants it:)

VP

Moderator Emeritus
Violet Indy said:
That's a hell of a list. That's gotta be the biggest Indy collection I've heard of.

I see you haven't seen agent5's and doc riviere's collections.