Star Wars: The Clone Wars

No Ticket

Hey. Uhm. Kids liked the original Star Wars at age 5. Why do they have to go uber stupid now? "Its just a kids show" is a lame excuse for this. Because kids are not STUPID. It's wrong to think that, they are more forgiving, but if the story is no good then it's just no good.

Stinky the Hutt is my prime example. That is lame.

That's the biggest problem with Lucas these days. He is just LAME.

Not to mention there really is no real sense of danger, or room for character dev., etc. We know these characters all live until the third. All the main characters. The Clone Wars series is just going to have tons of mindless battles that mean nothing. They're just cool to look at.

And it will have lame stupid retarded storylines like returning Jabba's kid named Stinky?

This is of the lame Holiday Special calibur naming. Chewbacca's son Lumpy, remember? Yeah.

Well from what I understood, the movie is going to be split up and be the first episodes anyway. I don't really want to spend money to go see it.

Last edited:

HovitosKing

Peacock's-Eye said:
I'm sorry I have to actually respond to this - you need to reread my post, it was in no way confrontational. I can't believe you've been here since 2001 unless you were 6 years old at the time.

No I read it the first time. Maybe you didn't realize who you were quoting when you laid out that diatribe of sarcastic wit in response, but that's your mistake not mine. Now go ahead and take your month vacation.

No Ticket

Peacock's-Eye said:
I'm sorry I have to actually respond to this - you need to reread my post, it was in no way confrontational.

Except for the cocky way you implied that he meant his opinion was the "final analysis" and fact. Then you condemn him for it, which you pulled out of your stinky the hutt.

sandiegojones

The Man said:
Really! GL has always said that Hutt's are asexual. It's in a lot of the books & stuff. I always thought that was funny.

No Ticket said:
Hey. Uhm. Kids liked the original Star Wars at age 5. Why do they have to go uber stupid now? "Its just a kids show" is a lame excuse for this. Because kids are not STUPID. It's wrong to think that, they are more forgiving, but if the story is no good then it's just no good.

Stinky the Hutt is my prime example. That is lame.

That's the biggest problem with Lucas these days. He is just LAME.

Not to mention there really is no real sense of danger, or room for character dev., etc. We know these characters all live until the third. All the main characters. The Clone Wars series is just going to have tons of mindless battles that mean nothing. They're just cool to look at.

And it will have lame stupid retarded storylines like returning Jabba's kid named Stinky?

This is of the lame Holiday Special calibur naming. Chewbacca's son Lumpy, remember? Yeah.

Well from what I understood, the movie is going to be split up and be the first episodes anyway. I don't really want to spend money to go see it.

The movies are meant (if not always successful) to please ALL ages. If it were a film with live actors & stuff I would be more critical, but when it's directly aimed at kids 10 and below, and is animated I think people should be more forgiving.

Last edited:

No Ticket

sandiegojones said:
Really! GL has always said that Hutt's are asexual. It's in a lot of the books & stuff. I always thought that was funny.

It's that it's lame. Lame to see a baby Hutt, which are these nasty feared aliens. Then they make it burp and probably fart... *shudder*.... and call it Stinky.

Jabba is supposed to be scary in ROTJ. I'm never supposed to think about him having a kid or that kid being nicknamed Stinky. Plus his kid looks awfully stupid.

It's just stupid. It's a dumb idea. I could come up with a better plot line. Seriously. So could you. Would your first idea, even knowing it's a kids story/film be to rescue Jabba's son Stinky?

sandiegojones

No Ticket said:
It's just stupid. It's a dumb idea. I could come up with a better plot line. Seriously. So could you. Would your first idea, even knowing it's a kids story/film be to rescue Jabba's son Stinky?
Oh, believe me, I could definitely write a better story for the clone wars and the PT! Still it is what it is. I'm taking my son to see it. If I really think it sucks I'll tell ya.

The funny thing of it is that in ESB, having a character like Yoda was really risky, but they pulled it off. Because of the success I think Lucas decided he could get away with Jabba, Ewoks and other aliens in ROTJ. Then he really went crazy once Jurassic Park was released. After the PT he keeps trying to push the character evelope, not realizing his limits. I think HE believes he's more creative then he really is at this point.

Last edited:

Peacock's-Eye

HovitosKing said:
No I read it the first time. Maybe you didn't realize who you were quoting when you laid out that diatribe of sarcastic wit in response, but that's your mistake not mine. Now go ahead and take your month vacation.
No, I think I'll be leaving forever. This Forum is not a healthy place to be - too many people who like to dish it out as aggressively as they can, but can't take it, even when it's a light as the stuff I've been posting [gimme a break if you thought what I wrote was worthy of the sh-t-storm of profanity and threats you unleashed]. There is no discussion here, just alot of hot-headed pointless arguing - over movies. The point of joining a Forum is to have friendly conversations, but the tone here is almost solely of attack - but as I pointed out above, it's all one way. Before this spring, I never once encountered anything like that on these boards - I used to just come & read the posts, cause the members were so informed & had interesting things to post. It's nothing but antagonism & bickering now. To even enter a Thread you have to be ready to do battle - but I guess not too much.

If you take movies that seriously, then there is something wrong.
It's supposed to be entertainment, not fodder for death matches.

Adios.

The Man

Peacock's-Eye said:
No, I think I'll be leaving forever. This Forum is not a healthy place to be - too many people who like to dish it out as aggressively as they can, but can't take it, even when it's a light as the stuff I've been posting [gimme a break if you thought what I wrote was worthy of the sh-t-storm of profanity and threats you unleashed]. There is no discussion here, just alot of hot-headed pointless arguing - over movies. The point of joining a Forum is to have friendly conversations, but the tone here is almost solely of attack - but as I pointed out above, it's all one way. Before this spring, I never once encountered anything like that on these boards - I used to just come & read the posts, cause the members were so informed & had interesting things to post. It's nothing but antagonism & bickering now. To even enter a Thread you have to be ready to do battle - but I guess not too much.

If you take movies that seriously, then there is something wrong.
It's supposed to be entertainment, not fodder for death matches.

Adios.

Why are you baiting fellow posters, Peacock?

Mike00spy

Just curious, The Man, do you have something better to do than to find and post every negative review of Clone Wars?

The Man

http://chud.com/articles/articles/15965/1/REVIEW-STAR-WARS---THE-CLONE-WARS/Page1.html

The bottom line is that I can't imagine watching 100 episodes of this banal, overbearing sh!t. How can something with so much action be so bone-numbingly dull? Even the kids in my theater didn't seem to give a sh!t about what was happening. It boils down to this: if you made this movie, you're probably an a$$hole and should be stopped from making anything else. If you like this movie, it's hopeless for you.

2 out of 10

DarthMickey

That's a Fact--Jack!

Peacock's Dictionary-> Trolling= Not loving crap from George Lucas and comments from adults that make him feel insecure and stupid for buying $800.00 worth of Clone War Toys and tickets to a Clone Wars Cartoon kiddie Movie 2 months Ago that the world is now laughing at. So Sorry to have to point that out to you...friend! :hat:

Last edited:

The Man

http://gizmodo.com/5037486/star-war...the-first-star-wars-movie-you-will-truly-hate

Sadly, there's nothing else to really like about it. Here's a quick list of everything else you'll hate:

• The Huttlet (aka Stinky)
• Ziro the Hutt (aka Truman Capote + Black New Orleans Crack-Dealing Whore)
• Stupid droids
• The non-John Williams music
• The animation, mostly (Mace Windu looks ghastly, though Count Dooku looks awesome)
• The lightsaber battles (you'll see)
• Most of the dialogue
• The fact you paid to see it

In short, it's the worst Star Wars movie you'll ever see in theaters, if you go, so don't.

The Man

Moriarty has reposted his original reaction to the '98 Episode I teaser (yes, that one) to level some perspective on the latest Lucas dirge. Full-on nostalgia. Read and remember: it all began so beautifully...

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/2536

All around me, there were actual tears of joy. There was excited hollering. There were hugs, people laughing uncontrollably. As the haze passed and I realized there was a movie playing, one thing kept going through my head.

Thank you, George. Thank you, George. Thank you, George.

indyclone25

just came back from seeing star wars clone wars ------- not bad for a kid film --- not a star wars film thats for sure , there was enough action and story was ok , but like i said before its a kids movie --- it's what you can expect for a tv show, which it is. my 12 yr old found it good and thought it was funny --- i thought it was a good kid story and that i will most likely see it broken down in the series as three episodes , ( just like they did with family guy's stewie movie ) i went to the first screening which is 5 bucks so i didnt spend alot of money , all around out of 4 stars i give it 3 stars . visuals were very good , and the art was attractive --- you could see the paint strokes in the characters faces . so if you want to see a tv series on the big screen that's what you get in this. don't go in expecting the next big movie .

sandiegojones

Here's Ebert's take:

Has it come to this? Has the magical impact of George Lucas' original vision of "Star Wars" been reduced to the level of Saturday morning animation? "Star Wars: The Clone Wars," which is a continuation of an earlier animated TV series, is basically just a 98-minute trailer for the autumn launch of a new series on the Cartoon Network.

The familiar "Star Wars" logo and the pulse-pounding John Williams score now lift the curtain on a deadening film that cuts corners on its animation and slumbers through a plot that (a) makes us feel like we've seen it all before, and (b) makes us wish we hadn't

You know you're in trouble when the most interesting new character is Jabba the Hutt's uncle. The big revelation is that Jabba has an infant to be kidnapped. The big discovery is that Hutts look like that when born, only smaller. The question is, who is Jabba's wife? The puzzle is, how do Hutts copulate? Like snails, I speculate. If you don't know how snails do it, let's not even go there. The last thing this movie needs is a Jabba the Hutt sex scene.

I'm still taking my son. Tonight maybe. I'll let you know how bad this really is.

Last edited:

The Man

sandiegojones said:
Here's Ebert's take:

Has it come to this? Has the magical impact of George Lucas' original vision of "Star Wars" been reduced to the level of Saturday morning animation? "Star Wars: The Clone Wars," which is a continuation of an earlier animated TV series, is basically just a 98-minute trailer for the autumn launch of a new series on the Cartoon Network.

The familiar "Star Wars" logo and the pulse-pounding John Williams score now lift the curtain on a deadening film that cuts corners on its animation and slumbers through a plot that (a) makes us feel like we've seen it all before, and (b) makes us wish we hadn't

You know you're in trouble when the most interesting new character is Jabba the Hutt's uncle. The big revelation is that Jabba has an infant to be kidnapped. The big discovery is that Hutts look like that when born, only smaller. The question is, who is Jabba's wife? The puzzle is, how do Hutts copulate? Like snails, I speculate. If you don't know how snails do it, let's not even go there. The last thing this movie needs is a Jabba the Hutt sex scene.

I'm still taking my son. Tonight maybe. I'll let you know how bad this really is.

Well, for what it's worth: may The Force be with you - and hope the kid has a good time...