Haunted/Cursed Artifact?

Temple Raider

How would you all feel about the artifact in IJ5 possibly being a cursed artifact, like something containing an evil spirit or something possessed by one? I got the idea after learning the story of the incredibly creepy Dybbuk Box on the show Paranormal Witness and it got me thinking it'd be pretty neat if Indy was in pursuit of a similar artifact that perhaps housed a malevolent spirit or had a curse on it that brings misfortune and horror to anyone who obtains it. I know some might claim the Ark Of The Covenant is already a similar type of artifact in the sense it did contain spirits, however I think there's other types of artifacts that can be differentiated from the Ark and fit the bill of something that's cursed. I'd like to see such an artifact similar to the box and I think it'd be something creative and cool.

Mickiana

I suppose that would depend on the context of the curse. The Ark was cursed for those who dared look upon it's interior and contents once they started stirring. The warning about the Ark was very ominous, it built up throughout the movie and delivered the punch and climactic finale.

For me there has to be something interesting behind the curse. Is it steeped in history? How familiar is it with today's audiences?

Something like the curse of King Tut comes to mind. Exactly how the curse plays out has to be as coincidences becoming manifest as something real. I'm tanked and can't think through this. Must sleep...

Montana Smith

WilliamBoyd8 said:
Indy is dead.

The dead can be re-animated.

:)

What do you think his chances are, doc?

News-in-Pictures-May-19-25.jpg

51fb5e56-b4fb-4158-97e6-1ae204b05f31.jpg

Le Saboteur

Temple Raider said:
Something along the lines of the King Tut curse would be very interesting.

Done.

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/cqEYUdmFf1o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>