Trailer Speculation

commontone

Is there any reason to think this is a bad sign for the movie? Like, when a movie is not screened in advance for critics, it's usually a terrible film. I hope "repeated delay of trailer" is not a similar kind of bad symptom.

Blue Jay

i think a short teaser would put those people at ease who say that Harrison is too old!
I think that the average joe needs that, otherwise only the hardcore fans and their friends and family are dragged to the movie theatre on may 22 ;)

Okay, i exaggerated a bit ;) :gun: :whip:

Indy_Chic

Well, it's not the best news in the world that we Indy fans will have to wait longer for the first official trailer, but the people over at ComingSoon.net have reported:

"the first trailer for Steven Spielberg's Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull is now planned for a debut in February.

:eek:

:eek:

:mad:

Oh man, this really sucks! :( I was expecting the trailer to appear anyday now... February is ages away!

Kingsley said:
It's just a Trailer.

The film is still scheduled for May 22, right?

If they dare to release this film later than that I swear I will flip out!

Katarn07

Adamwankenobi said:
I did the math, and it's about 1/76 of the amount of time we'll have had to wait overall for the film. ;)

Uh-uh. Chill, people. If they move the release date of the movie, then you may panic. It is just a trailer. It's a sad thing we won't be seeing it, sure, but I'm not too bummed. If TDK trailer is delayed, then I'll be bummed!

Paulio

I think there will be a lot of steady releasing of indy 4 materials for a few months to keep us going but I am very satisfied knowing that the teaser and trailer will be released before May next year.

The release of the recent pictures is enough to keep me going until christmas.

I agree with Blue Jay that when the teaser is released they need to squash the opinions that Harrison is too old and any other questions that need to be answered.

commontone said:
Is there any reason to think this is a bad sign for the movie? Like, when a movie is not screened in advance for critics, it's usually a terrible film. I hope "repeated delay of trailer" is not a similar kind of bad symptom.

Ummmm... how is this a delay of the trailer? There was NEVER an official announcement of a trailer coming. Just lots of people posting rumors and wishes. I work in the film industry (and one of my jobs is to attach trailers to new releases before they ship to theatres). We NEVER received any word of any trailer coming. Ever.

So chill everyone. It will come when Spielberg and Lucas are ready to tease us.:)

Indy_Chic

Ok, I have calmed down now. ;) It's just so frustrating and disappointing that we won't be getting a trailer anytime soon. :( But at least we got those awesome pictures of Harrison and Shia the other day! I am still drooling over those!

Finn

Staff member
Damn you kongisking, you couldn't waste two minutes to check if there was a subject about this already? Merged.

And please cut down with those exclamation marks. Not very professional...

What I don't understand is why Lucas and Spielberg are waiting until three months before the movie's release before showing people a trailer. I mean, I've done some calculations and plotted it out on a chart and I reckon the optimum time for me excitement-wise between trailer rlease and actual movie release is 7.5 months, give or take a couple of days.

I also dont understand why Lucas & Spielberg, who we know personally read this website often, sometimes with their eyes, are failing to listen to the 6 of us who want to see the trailer NOW!

I'm bummed out man, it sucks. This is what I want to do to them.:gun:

OhioJones

I just saw the ET thing with Karren Allen and they didn't show any footage. She seemed to be in high spirits though.

She said Ford did amazing in all the action sequences and went at them with energy again and again.

I want a trailer.

Last edited:

Dr. Indy Jones

OhioJones said:
I just saw the ET thing with Karren Allen and they didn't show any footage. She seemed to be in high spirits though.

She said Ford did amazing in all the action sequences and went at them with energy again and again.

I want a trailer.

I just saw it as well, at least we know that Indy is going to kick some @$$, lol. Although I think we already knew that. What is the website for Karren Allen shop? I didn't know she had her own business.

I really, really, really want some kinda of trailer now!!!! :(

commontone

Bruno said:
Ummmm... how is this a delay of the trailer? There was NEVER an official announcement of a trailer coming. Just lots of people posting rumors and wishes.

Ummmm... Wasn't Lucas quoted in multiple sources saying he "planned" to have a teaser out for Thanksgiving, several months ago? And then more recently he told USA Today it would be out around Christmas?

I'm not making that up, you could find those quotes yourself if you wished. What can be deemed "official" is debatable, but Lucas sent a pretty direct message to the public with those quotes. It's safe to assume at one point he *wanted* to release the trailer at those times, or else why would he have said it?

It does constitute a delay of sorts, maybe not with a paper trail for those such as yourself operating in a professional capacity, but still...let's not split hairs here.

torao

Moderator Emeritus
Steven Awalt cautiously says that one of his sources confirmed the february thing:
Well, I didn't hear back from my other sources today, but rather than keep you guys waiting and chewing your own wrists out, I'm going to tell you what I have learned so far (I'm writing this on my cel phone from the trunk of a black car that nabbed me off the side of the road). The plates did indeed say "LCSFLM." Make of it what you will.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but it looks like the plans may indeed be to release the teaser in February. Later than originally touted across the press by Mr. Lucas, yes, but I'd imagine they have some special plans to give us a great trailer considering the timing. Sorry I didn't come back with what I know many of you wanted to hear, but the wait is not likely to kill anyone. Just make sure you all stay alive until February is all

I'm still gonna work on digging up any other info that can be offered, but the one person I talked to today is a very trusted source from the production. Just want to see that the studios say the same, but it certainly seems Coming Soon and Dark Horizons had some good intel here.

After my initial "oh ****" reaction I was suddenly realizing how hilarious this is and how super-special. It's in fact so weird I started to roll on the floor laughing because I really appreciate weird stuff.

And...it's not like we aren't used to wait.

Falco09

old trailers posted

I'm not sure if this was already on the official site, but didn't indianajones.com just add the original trailers? Could this mean they're anticipating releasing and adding the KOTCS trailer sooner than February?

Last edited:

Indyologist

I see at Comingsoon.net that the trailer may come out in February. Just keep goin' to the movies, folks. That's all I can say.