Teaser Trailer on Superbowl Sunday? Poof.

AlivePoet

tnswman said:
I have to break the rules and say that this is the MOST IDIOTIC remark I have EVER heard. You seem to overlook that Football is the MOST POPULAR sport in the WORLD.. Not just a little thing either. Football game ratings are 2-8 times HIGHER THAN ANY T.V. SHOW EVER GETS!! That's EACH WEEK too.

trust me, people do care and in a game like the one this year, It is ALL most people will talk about. Obviously, your lack of respect for America's most watched event allows you to show ignorance.

This is what is wrong with message boards :(

Talk about dealing in black and white absolutes...

Each person is entitled to his or her own opinion on a subject. Just because your subjective patriotism for a sport causes you to passionately and irrationally engage those who don't share your view doesn't mean we all discount your opinion...

deckard24

Last time I checked Football(aka Soccer) was the most popular sport in the world! There's approximately 6.5 billion people in the world, and I'm pretty sure during the last World Cup, they mentioned that over half the world's population were fans. Football(The American version) and hockey are very much North American sports. I'd be willing to bet they are not at all remotely close in popularity to football/soccer globally speaking. The fact alone that you don't have to have money to buy expensive equipment, and all you need is a ball, plays a huge part in its popularity in third world countries alone. Kids the world over, play it in the streets every day. You can't say the same about American football.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FIFA_World_Cup

Last edited:

nzlc

Shias supposed to be at the game could he be introducing the trailer?i think soooo......

A-listers expected to appear at the game include Hugh Laurie ("House"), film actors Laurence Fishburne, Samuel L. Jackson and Shia LaBeouf, and "Idol" judges Randy Jackson and Paula Abdul, who is scheduled to perform her new single, "Dance Like There's No Tomorrow."

"So there will be a VIP celebrity red-carpet arrival door and entrance, where I will anchor a portion of the broadcast that I'll be hosting along with the guys at the main desk, and I guess the stars will come through there. So it becomes much more of an entertainment event for the audience than ever before."

"There are so many parties that happen," Seacrest says. "We're going to send cameras out to all the different parties and show the celebrities that are there. To a degree, part of Hollywood moves itself into Phoenix for that week, and so we'll be partaking in the festivities that surround the game and lead up to it that week."

http://www.newsday.com/entertainment/tv/ny-ettell5557916feb01,0,42644.story

sandiegojones

deckard24 said:
Last time I checked Football(aka Soccer) was the most popular sport in the world! There's approximately 6.5 billion people in the world, and I'm pretty sure during the last World Cup, they mentioned that over half the world's population were fans. Football(The American version) and hockey are very much North American sports. I'd be willing to bet they are not at all remotely close in popularity to football/soccer globally speaking. The fact alone that you don't have to have money to buy expensive equipment, and all you need is a ball, plays a huge part in its popularity in third world countries alone. Kids the world over, play it in the streets every day. You can't say the same about American football.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FIFA_World_Cup

Dude, when I was a kid we played football without pads and usually in the middle of the street dodging oncoming cars. It has nothing to with cost. It has everything to do with the age of the sport and the reach of the Empire that created it, ENGLAND. Our game was created in spite of soccer because it's known as "The Kings Game". We changed football to FOOTBALL and cricket to BASEBALL, etc. Many European, African, Middle Eastern and South American countries have British influence. The NFL is gaining in world popularity, but I doubt it will ever approach soccers popularity and I actually prefer that it remain an American game. The last thing we need at NFL games are hooligans who start riots and fires in the stadium and who throw things like urine bags and batteries at the players and call the African American ones the "N" word.

Rayder

I am a huge football fan, and I am looking forward to the superbowl, the commercials are a plus for me, but if there is to be a Indy trailer in there, that would be the perfect addition to a good game (Go Giants).

Football is great (it's the only sport that I can acctually watch on tv)(y) , and I don't care for soccor:sleep:

I will be watching the superbowl, and looking forward to that chance of a trailer:

Can't wait for Sunday!:D

mfisher

Football is the MOST POPULAR sport in the WORLD.. Not just a little thing either. Football game ratings are 2-8 times HIGHER THAN ANY T.V. SHOW EVER GETS!! That's EACH WEEK too.

:rolleyes: wow... you can't really believe that American football is the most popular sport in the world... it's perhaps the most popular here in the U.S.... but definitely not the most popular in the world... not by a long shot.... soccer has you beat there...

MattJones

Ok, so what are the odds that we'll have the trailer during the Super Bowl? I ask, because I may take the train to Anaheim to go to Disneyland for the day.

5 minute line at Indiana Jones? Watching the Indy 4 Trailer live?

Hmmm...

:confused:

Gillman

Matt,

Have you been on that ride before? I hate to say it, but it is one of the worst disappointments of my life.

My advice: look the wikipedia article on the ride up. Go when the line is LONG. Listen to the radio broadcasts. Watch the Sallah video. Decode some transcriptions. See if you can get any of the queue line traps to work. (I think I got 1 to work over the summer, found one other one, and failed on the third).

Watch the Super Bowl. It's your American duty.

DaveTheHutt

sandiegojones said:
Dude, when I was a kid we played football without pads and usually in the middle of the street dodging oncoming cars. It has nothing to with cost. It has everything to do with the age of the sport and the reach of the Empire that created it, ENGLAND. Our game was created in spite of soccer because it's known as "The Kings Game". We changed football to FOOTBALL and cricket to BASEBALL, etc. Many European, African, Middle Eastern and South American countries have British influence. The NFL is gaining in world popularity, but I doubt it will ever approach soccers popularity and I actually prefer that it remain an American game. The last thing we need at NFL games are hooligans who start riots and fires in the stadium and who throw things like urine bags and batteries at the players and call the African American ones the "N" word.

Yup, that happens all the time at every match - in fact, it's so bad we're thinking of changing the name from 'football' to 'fightball'.

Y'see, unfortunately here in the UK we don't have the KKK or the same levels of gun crime*, so we have to let our steam off somewhere... (y)

*Though we're slowly getting there. :dead:

scifiwolf

Honestly, you guys are crazy to think there might be anything longer than 60 secs of footage, if we are indeed getting a Super Bowl spot. If we are, my prediction is a 30 sec TV spot on Sunday, followed by a trailer with Jumper. I think Jumper is a better fit for an Indy trailer, and it is being released on Feb 14, which gels with the earlier rumor we got.

sandiegojones

DaveTheHutt said:
Yup, that happens all the time at every match - in fact, it's so bad we're thinking of changing the name from 'football' to 'fightball'.

Y'see, unfortunately here in the UK we don't have the KKK or the same levels of gun crime*, so we have to let our steam off somewhere... (y)

*Though we're slowly getting there. :dead:

Yeah, because that really makes the behavior at games justified!

Our population is much higher so crime is going to be higher. As for the KKK, they are deplorable, but at least they don't show up at the stadium! Plus, a lot of the incidents at soccer games (or is it matches?) are from all over the world (South America, Iran, Africa, etc). I was not merely pointing the finger at the UK, I was just suggesting why the game is not popular here as it is elsewhere.

Anyway, I'm betting against there being a commercial during the game. There's like a 10% chance and Lucasfilm doesn't have a history of placing ads during the SB.

IrishLuck1980

sandiegojones said:
Yeah, because that really makes the behavior at games justified!

Our population is much higher so crime is going to be higher. As for the KKK, they are deplorable, but at least they don't show up at the stadium! Plus, a lot of the incidents at soccer games (or is it matches?) are from all over the world (South America, Iran, Africa, etc). I was not merely pointing the finger at the UK, I was just suggesting why the game is not popular here as it is elsewhere.

Anyway, I'm betting against there being a commercial during the game. There's like a 10% chance and Lucasfilm doesn't have a history of placing ads during the SB.

Which is strange considering a ad during the Superbowl would be the best time to promote a movie you haven't promoted yet and releases in a few months. HINT HINT

sandiegojones

IrishLuck1980 said:
Which is strange considering a ad during the Superbowl would be the best time to promote a movie you haven't promoted yet and releases in a few months. HINT HINT

Yeah, but it didn't hurt the Star Wars Box office. Some movies don't need the promotion.

A commercial for a movie doesn't guarantee box office. Plus, with internet trailers all over (which is free advertising) different websites I think enough people will know. Besides Spielberg and Lucas know it's about keeping the film in theaters and not just the first weekend. The only way I see a trailer coming during the game is if Paramount pays for it because they think they can get a opening weekend record. Studios love that!

Last edited:

BadDates

sandiegojones said:
Our population is much higher so crime is going to be higher.

[pedantic]
Not wishing to stoke a rather off-topic argument but I think that DaveTheHutt's remark related to the frequency of gun crime (i.e. crimes per x number of population), not the absolute number of crimes.
[/pedantic] :)

notimeforlove

sandiegojones said:
A commercial for a movie doesn't guarantee box office. Plus, with internet trailers all over (which is free advertising) different websites I think enough people will know.

this is the problem with the internet community. they think they are the be all end all, when i distinctly remember that the internet community absolutely failed at delivering a box office smash when snakes on a plane came out.

Still hoping for superbowl commercial! or some kind of ad. something to get me jazzed!

trippweeder

What happens if there is a trailer during the Superbowl? Will we have to watch crappy copies of it on YouTube until Valentines Day?

spiralout

trippweeder said:
What happens if there is a trailer during the Superbowl? Will we have to watch crappy copies of it on YouTube until Valentines Day?

No... There are a lot of places to upload high quality video.

trippweeder

spiralout said:
No... There are a lot of places to upload high quality video.

How long is a traditional Superbowl slot? Are we talking 1minute, less?
Where would you upload such a clip in good quality?