Soundtrack Samples @ Amazon.com

Yure

Snake Pit is incredibly Raiders :D
The Skull theme (and Temple Ruins) has a very 50s eerie sound, as expected from the use of the Continuum Fingerboard Keyboard.
Love the arpeggio on the Spell of the Skull.
Can't wait to see the Journey to Akator on the faded map!
A Whirl Through Academe has the most LC (mostly Venice) feeling IMHO.
Jungle Chase... yummy action sequence.
I agree with who said the Irina's theme is a recurring one, there are snippets over and over.
On Secret Doors and Scorpions I can picture the scorpion crawling on Indy's leg as the slow Indy theme plays in the background...
Ants also sounds very LC too.
It's great to listen to the ol'good Marion love theme at the end:)

The samples sound AWESOME!

Professor Jones

"The Journey to Akator" is really great: seems we'll actually have a lot of echoes of the Raiders' March in the movie... a lot of clips contain a bit of it. And - i don't know if others already pointed that out - I must say that Irina's Theme seems a minor-key version of the Indy theme.

RWLover

WOW! These samples sound fantastic!:cool: Can't wait to get the album May 16th (that's when it's coming out in Holland:D )

macwizard

I have to say after listening to these samples, the movie seems more like a reality than ever before.

Spell of the Skulls sent shivers down my spine and some of the Mutt theme reminded me of the chronicles.

sandiegojones

Nice. Thanks for the heads up! Sounds very "old school Williams"!

I like "Journey to Akator" and "Spell of the Skull" (notice a familiar Raiders theme).

Sutiivun

O M G !

Journey to Akator is incredible..should definitely be used for the map/red line segment

I shed a tear to "Finale" - Marion's theme sounds beautiful

Yure

Ah, one thing I didn't find is something with a Russian curve, only the Spell of the Skull has a military vibe in the ouverture, but I wonder if some Red Army feel will be there.

Oh, and the Jungle Chase reminds me a lot of a solemn and high paced version of Catch me if you can, also by Williams ;)

foreignerfred

Is there anyway to download these puppies?...that's right. If so, I'll listen to these snippets for the next couple of weeks!

...there's no shame in that..is there?

sandiegojones

Mutt's Adventures sounds a lot like a variation of "keeping up with the Joneses" from LC. Could be a clue right there about the relationship.

crowmagnumman

Hmm. I didn't immediately fall in love with the score like I hoped I would. But most of it still seems very good, very Indy. Just a little bit overly slapstick sounding in some parts. I haven't heard enough of the score to judge, though. And of course watching it with the movie will be the best way to judge it.

No Ticket

I didn't look at the track list! lol. I just blindly picked stuff on the page so I didn't see the names. And then I only listened to little pieces but all I can say is it sounds really good.

AHHHH!!!

(y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y)

Dr Jones

Just want to chip in again, that 'Journey To Akator' is the best!

Real pomp and triumph for Indy and the gang out for the Skull, and that little burst at the end...woohoo!

Almost had a bit of 'Temple Of Doom' in that piece of music from the opening of the film in the car and Lao Che's plane.

Good work John!

(y)

sandiegojones

The portion of music from "Raiders" used in "Spell of the Skull" was from when Indy discovers the location of the Ark from the map room. Wonder what the connection is between the two films.

MarxBrosFan

It looks like there is going to be a good mix of light hearted and dark music. Some of it reminds me of Williams previous scores. Adventures of Mutt sounds like it came from Hook. Irina's theme reminds me of Harry Potter.

I'm really digging the Call of the Crystal though. It sounds really creepy.