• Dennis Quaid

Votes: 12 63.2%
  • Tom Selleck

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • James Garner

Votes: 4 21.1%

• Total voters

Tennessee R

I was watching 'Support your local Sheriff' last night, and I think that if James Garner was as young now, as he was then,
he would be a better Indy than Tom Selleck.

He has that 'smoothness', he's good at dry humor, and a good actor.

I think that he would have been a great Bond, and a better Indiana Jones than Tom Selleck.

Finn

Staff member
If we'd look for the best Indy for HF to pass on the hat, my pick is Dennis Quaid out of those three.

I

Indy_Jones88

I'm going with Tennessee R here. James Coburn would have made a great Indy (not as good as Harrison Ford). His performance in "The Great Escape" was 1 of his best. His happy-go-lucky attitude in the movie made him a favorite character.

Joe Brody

Tennessee R

I like it when someone pimps James Garner. As a very young kid I actually remember my father watching 'Rockford Files' and thinking he was a neat character. I singler Garner out as one of an older generation of actors who I think have talent but never seem to get cast -- which always frustrates me when people like Hackman and Voight seem to get every old white guy part that comes down the pike (yes, both Hackman and Voight are talented, but they get to d*mn much work).

I look at Garner and see one of those guys who went to Hollywood to do Westerns just in time for that well to go dry. He had an odd career since then. One of my favorite movies with a younger Garner is 'Sayonara' -- it's a Brando movie and worth the effort.

Aaron H

Moderator Emeritus
While Garner is good, and Selleck ain't half bad, the only one I would choose to play Indy (other than HF) would have to be Quaid. He has the right smile and cocky look about him.

Ayrun

Moderator Emeritus
No...
Dennis Hopper? Why?
I mean; he's not a bad actor.. but I can't see him as a possible Indy.

Raffey

I thought Dennis Quaid for sure back in the Eighties and early Nineties. No so much now that he is older.

I'm NOT a Garner fan and Dennis Hopper would make a better bad guy than an Indy.

I really like Jim Caviezel right now for the 'Indy' look but I'm not sure that he could do the 'Indy' personality.

EvilDevo

i picked dennis quaid

he looks a little like indy... and his voice is almost the same
he could play a convincing brother in a sequel

Now that you mention it, Dennis Quaid does look like Harrison Ford.

But another actor I had in my head for Indy might have been Kiefer Sutherland.

Ivo

Dennis Quaid for me too of the ones listed.

I don't even want to think of Tom Selleck in the role.

Finn

Staff member
LaughingSombrero said:
But another actor I had in my head for Indy might have been Kiefer Sutherland.
Now that's an idea my head wants to try but screams for a disagreement at the same time.

However, if Kev was here, he'd go all nuts about this idea.