The U.S.A. (and it's minor addition, The World)

qwerty

Jay R. Zay said:
unless it's germany or japan.

Are you sure?
I think that if you asked an average American what does he know about Japan the first thing he would say is that Godzila lives there.

IndyBuff

qwerty said:
Typical American. If it is not in States it doesn't matter.

Actually, that's not the case and I have quite an interest in geography and other parts of the world. I simply didn't know where Serbia was located.

I suppose I could say the same thing about the views of some people in other parts of the world: if it has anything to do with America it must be evil and power hungry.

Jay R. Zay

qwerty said:
Are you sure?
I think that if you asked an average American what does he know about Japan the first thing he would say is that Godzila lives there.

uhm - and doesn't he?

Henry Jones Sr

qwerty said:
Typical American. If it is not in States it doesn't matter.

Typical asshat. Always stereotyping Americans.

qwerty said:
Are you sure?

Feces like this makes me want to vomit.

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
I'm from Australia evidently and am also an Italian citzen. I wonder if anyone other than replican't knows which state Brisbane is in?

Jay R. Zay

Violet Indy said:
I'm from Australia evidently and am also an Italian citzen. I wonder if anyone other than replican't knows which state Brisbane is in?

queensland as far as i remember but it's been quite a while since i was there and i'm too lazy to look it up. if it isn't, just forget i've ever replied. ;)

and which state is italy in? :p

moondrifter

You know, there are more indyfans on this board that are from Australia than you think. There may even be more from over there than here in Britain, despite the vast area lacking human population that covers most of your country...

But then again, i am also an american citizen (and proud of it babe), so what do i know ;)

TombReader

qwerty said:
Are you sure?

Godzilla wa Nihonjin desu ka? :confused:

JRDspal

Funny comeback to stereotyping Americans.

Henry Jones said:
Typical asshat. Always stereotyping Americans.
Feces like this makes me want to vomit.

I saw this very very sarcastic but quite enjoyable response on another BBS to people who insist on stereotyping Americans. Enjoy!

-

"I am a BAD American.

I believe that it doesn't take a village to raise a child, it takes a parent with a firm voice and a firmer hand. I think tattoos and piercings are fine if you want them, but please don't pretend they are a political statement and not a fad. I like hard women, hard liquor and a hard bowel movement first thing in the morning, and don't even think about asking me if I want a rice cake.

Rocky and Bullwinkle still makes me laugh. I think you can respect and admire women while mentally undressing them. I believe a self-righteous liberal with a cause is more dangerous than a 6 year old with a Play Station.

I don't think playing with guns makes you a killer. I don't think being a minority makes you noble or victimized. I don't care if you call me a racist, a homophobe or a misogynist. I know that no matter how big Jennifer Lopez's ass gets, I'll still want to see it.

I'm neither angry nor disenfranchised, no matter how desperately the mainstream media would like the world to believe otherwise.

YES, I am a BAD American."

Altern

I'm from the Land Of The Fr... oggies !!!

/me runs away, hands up with a little white flag over his head :p ;) :whip:

(stereotyped enough ?)

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Jay R. Zay said:
queensland as far as i remember but it's been quite a while since i was there and i'm too lazy to look it up. if it isn't, just forget i've ever replied. ;)

and which state is italy in? :p

Don't bother looking it up. You got it right!!;) And as for Italy, well I'm of Italian descent. :p

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
moondrifter said:
You know, there are more indyfans on this board that are from Australia than you think. There may even be more from over there than here in Britain, despite the vast area lacking human population that covers most of your country...

But then again, i am also an american citizen (and proud of it babe), so what do i know ;)

I haven't heard from any Aussie Indyfans other than replican't, so until I see evidence there isn't any comment on that. AND NO ONE CALLS ME BABE!!

monkey

qwerty said:
Are you sure?

I am an American, and know quite a bit about Japan. I lived there for four years. And still travel there quite frequently.

I love Japan. Sometimes more than my own country.

By the way......in Japan, Godzilla is quite a revered and respected national symbol. He's not just a funny dinasaur-ish looking character. Japan's nuclear holocaust of 1945 left deep scars on the psyche of the country. Godzilla is more important than many people know.

monkey

JRDspal said:
I saw this very very sarcastic but quite enjoyable response on another BBS to people who insist on stereotyping Americans. Enjoy!

-

"I am a BAD American.

I believe that it doesn't take a village to raise a child, it takes a parent with a firm voice and a firmer hand. I think tattoos and piercings are fine if you want them, but please don't pretend they are a political statement and not a fad. I like hard women, hard liquor and a hard bowel movement first thing in the morning, and don't even think about asking me if I want a rice cake.

Rocky and Bullwinkle still makes me laugh. I think you can respect and admire women while mentally undressing them. I believe a self-righteous liberal with a cause is more dangerous than a 6 year old with a Play Station.

I don't think playing with guns makes you a killer. I don't think being a minority makes you noble or victimized. I don't care if you call me a racist, a homophobe or a misogynist. I know that no matter how big Jennifer Lopez's ass gets, I'll still want to see it.

I'm neither angry nor disenfranchised, no matter how desperately the mainstream media would like the world to believe otherwise.

YES, I am a BAD American."

JRD............."I know that no matter how big Jennifer Lopez's ass gets, I'll still want to see it."

(Socal) Brother (I was born in L.A.)..............let me shake your hand. I'm with you on that one all the way..........(I mean with J'Lo's .......ummmm.... @ss).

And I loved the rest of your statement too.

Hope you keep posting.

Indy Parise

temple of john said:
You guys crack me up. I have a friend who's Dad is well connected and believe me, if you had any ties to families, you wouldn't talk of it. It's not like those guys go around advertising it you know. I never met a Italian who didn't want you to think he was Mafioso. So next your gonna tell me about all the thumbs you have broken and all the guys who are now sausage right?

You can talk about your ties if they're dead, which they all are and not from being killed either, all though some were. Mainly my Great Grandpa and Al Capone (yes I AM related to him distantly.)

Tennessee R

I'm from a place stated in my name
<

"I've seen the headwaters of the Nile, and tribes of natives no white man has seen before. I've fought in a dozen wars, killed many men, and loved only one woman; with a fire that a flea like you couldn't begin to understand. That's who I am. That's who I am."

Where's that from?

Anyway, in wikipedia.com, there is a great shot of Brisbane at night.
I think that I even might have used it as a wallpaper on my computer once.

Who knows how many kinds of snakes New Zealand has? ;)

Doi Tashe Mashto. (I'm sure I got the spelling messed up, but anyway)

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Tennessee R said:
I'm from a place stated in my name
<

"I've seen the headwaters of the Nile, and tribes of natives no white man has seen before. I've fought in a dozen wars, killed many men, and loved only one woman; with a fire that a flea like you couldn't begin to understand. That's who I am. That's who I am."

Where's that from?

Anyway, in wikipedia.com, there is a great shot of Brisbane at night.
I think that I even might have used it as a wallpaper on my computer once.

Who knows how many kinds of snakes New Zealand has? ;)

Doi Tashe Mashto. (I'm sure I got the spelling messed up, but anyway)

Does it have a suspension bridge in the shotover a winding river? Coz that's the Story Bridge. It leads into the inner city.

I believe that quote is from one of the Alan Quartermain books. Either "King Solomon's Mines" or "Alan Quartermain" by Henry Rider Haggard coz I kinda remember that quote.
Please tell me you were being sarcastic when you ask about snakes in New Zealand!!:p