Okie dokie Dr. Jones hold on to your potatoes.......

acsgrlie

What was not to love?

"Hold on lady, we going for a ride!"

"You cheat Dr. Jones. You cheat."

"No time for love. We've got company!"

He was the reason I saw Temple of Doom on VHS first and for that reason it will always be my favorite.

Nurhachi1991

acsgrlie said:
What was not to love?

"Hold on lady, we going for a ride!"

"You cheat Dr. Jones. You cheat."

"No time for love. We've got company!"

He was the reason I saw Temple of Doom on VHS first and for that reason it will always be my favorite.

Thank you your the only one so far that sees my point!

" Three aces I win I have all your money HAHAHA"

I always loved that laugh

Michael24

Indy: "I'm just gonna check on Willie."
Short Round: "Let's all you better do... Tell me later what happened."

Love that bit! (y)

I do think Short Round is easily one of the better "action movie child sidekicks." Most of the time pairing a kid up with the main star just falls flat on its face, but I think Shorty is one of the better attempts.

But I've always wondered what he's really saying, since the "hold onto your potatoes" bit is dubbed.

|ZiR|

Eh, well I tend to like the sidekicks & love interests a teeny tiny bit more than Indy. It's just that I usually prefer the characters I could actually see myself being, and even in my subconscious I'm never get to be the hero. (i.e. Doctor Jones.)

And maybe my gay's showing, but the girls get way better clothes than Indy. Elsa's particularly stylish.

No Ticket

How?

Did you miss the awesome hero shot of Indy after he punches the guard... where the camera pans up on him all pissed off? DID YOU MISS THE ROPE BRIDGE SCENE?

... Indy rocks in TOD. That is where he is at his most bad ass.

Nurhachi1991

Michael24 said:
Indy: "I'm just gonna check on Willie."
Short Round: "Let's all you better do... Tell me later what happened."

Love that bit! (y)

I do think Short Round is easily one of the better "action movie child sidekicks." Most of the time pairing a kid up with the main star just falls flat on its face, but I think Shorty is one of the better attempts.

But I've always wondered what he's really saying, since the "hold onto your potatoes" bit is dubbed.

Is it? I never knew that

Damn! Short Round should of gotten his own show :D or he could of been on the World Series of Poker.......... I could see it now

" You take 4 cards!"

" You make me very poor! No fun playing with you is no fun!"

Nurhachi1991

No Ticket said:
How?

Did you miss the awesome hero shot of Indy after he punches the guard... where the camera pans up on him all pissed off? DID YOU MISS THE ROPE BRIDGE SCENE?

... Indy rocks in TOD. That is where he is at his most bad ass.

And who saved Indys butt throughout the movie? Short Round!

Examples

Waking up Indy

The Voodoo doll

Escaping In the first place or Willie and Indy would have died

and the end where he unleashes kung fu that would put Bruce Lee to shame..... Face it in TOD Short Round was the badass.

MattJones

Nurhachi1991 said:
And who saved Indys butt throughout the movie? Short Round!

Examples

Waking up Indy

The Voodoo doll

Escaping In the first place or Willie and Indy would have died

and the end where he unleashes kung fu that would put Bruce Lee to shame..... Face it in TOD Short Round was the badass.

Still, the only reason why I love TOD. Everything was alright, but Shorty just made it perfect...

Michael24

Nurhachi1991 said:
Is it? I never knew that

Yeah, I think the "Okey dokey, Dr. Jones" part is right, but the rest of the line appears to be dubbed. I never noticed it until someone pointed it out to me a couple years ago.

Nurhachi1991 said:
Damn! Short Round should of gotten his own show :D or he could of been on the World Series of Poker.......... I could see it now

"You cheat, Jennifer Tilly! You cheat!" LMAO!!! (y)

acsgrlie

Nurhachi1991 said:
or he could of been on the World Series of Poker.......... I could see it now

" You take 4 cards!"

" You make me very poor! No fun playing with you is no fun!"

That just amuses me to no end :D

I've just always loved Shorty. Not knowing anything about Indiana Jones at the age of....6, Shorty was the first thing that drew me to watching TOD first. All his lines were great but I loved the father/son relationship between Indy and Shorty. The one shot that I think really shows that is when Shorty is beating up the maharajah and Indy is beating up the guard and Steven shows them both doing the same moves in the same shot. Awesome. (y)

Michael24

I love that moment. (y)

But I think my two favorites are when they're standing atop the hill at the village, and Indy does that little thing where he points at something on Shorty's shirt, then when he looks down playfully pokes at his face. (I wish there was a name for that gag, 'cause that sounds like such a stupid description.) The other is just before the slave children crusade, when Shorty gives Indy his fedora, then embraces him and quietly says, "Indy, my friend." A really nice little moment. :)

Little Indy

Just think wthout Shortie it would have been all Willie. Shortie really went all out to counter balance Willie's constant whining.

Indy fan 235

I love Short Round, great character. I remember seeing TOD and wishing I could be him so I could be Indiana Jones side kick.

I've always liked the relatiobship between Indy and Shorty. You guys listed so many of my favorite scenes. I also like the part where Indy is fighting the giant Thuggee guard on the conveyor belt and is getting hit butt handed to him. Shorty tries to run and help him, but Willie grabs him and holds him back. Shorty is struggling to go help him, Willie won't let him, and Shorty says, "I've got to help Indy. He needs me."

Love that.

Or the scene in the beginning when they are all asleep on the plane and Shorty is snuggled next to Indy. Such a nice father son type of moment.

tupogirl

I like him about the same amount I like Indy in the movie. He's definitely one of the most perfect sidekicks I've ever seen in a movie!!!

acsgrlie

So even after seeing KOTCS, Short Round is still my favorite Indy sidekick. Mutt (Shia) had the looks and some really funny scenes with Indy but he didn't come close to leaving the lasting impression Shorty had. Shorty definitely had the more classic lines too.

I was rewatching TOD recently and I'm probably fanwanking or something here but when Shorty goes to help Indy with the Thuggee, after he throws Shorty on the ground, Indy peeks his head out of the cart and looks to the side of him and then goes to kick the Thuggee. I just like to think he gave a little more "oomph" in his kick because he had also just hurt Shorty :whip: