Ford gives Deadline for Indy 4

Teke

LATEST: HARRISON FORD has given movie moguls STEVEN SPIELBERG and GEORGE LUCAS a two-year time frame to make the fourth INDIANA JONES film.

The ageing action man is confident the next instalment of the heroic adventurer's exploits will make it to the big screen eventually, but he's keen to hurry the process along.

The 63-year-old says, "It's looking very good to do another one. I haven't felt this positive about it happening in a long time... but if it doesn't happen in the next two years we should all forget it."

The film is tentatively scheduled to begin production next year (07).

http://www.contactmusic.com/new/xml...ives spielberg + lucas indiana jones deadline

Well, I think Harrison is getting tired with this movie...
But, "tentatively scheduled to BEGIN production in 07"???? So, that´s mean the shooting won´t be this year????!?!?! If this happens, I WILL forget this movie :mad:

Last edited:

qwerty

I do not know if this is possible but maybe mods should close this section of the forum for some time. It seems that everybody are angry becouse this movie is not being done. This leads nowhere.
Com'on Finn let's see if you are the man for the task.

Finn

Staff member
qwerty said:
I do not know if this is possible but maybe mods should close this section of the forum for some time. It seems that everybody are angry becouse this movie is not being done. This leads nowhere.
Com'on Finn let's see if you are the man for the task.
Ehh, no need to push the panic button. If they throw this film to a trash can, people will still be there to tell us they were right, and if they initially start shooting after all, we'll be having much fun at the expense of some people when looking back to these days...

shenshaw

Again, the glass can be half full instead of half empty.

Let's assume the source is in fact quoting Ford verbatim. In that case Ford also says "It's looking very good to do another one. I haven't felt this positive about it happening in a long time..."

I'm not leaping for joy over this, given unproven reliability of the source. But to quote Dr. Ian Malcolm from Jurassic Park:

"Well, there it is."

TombReader

The headline for that story is a bit misleading,isn't it?Ford saying that 'we should all forget it' isn't the same as saying 'I will forget it'.Sounds to me like the quote may have been blown out of proportion.At any rate,I agree with Ford.

roundshort

Yawn! So despite everything it is all the same as it was

I quote the Talking Heads

"Same as it ever was. Same as it ever was."

Chris Jones

A longer waitying period, i thought they were goign to do it this year. That sucks, i don't want to wait around forever, by the time it comes out i'll be looking like Ford...

IndyBuff

It seems that Ford is the most anxious person in terms of wanting to get this film done. Provided that the source is correct (and that's a BIG if) then hopefully that will put some pressure on the producers to get the ball rolling (no pun intended;) ) on Indy IV.

Even Ford seems to realize that time is running out and things are going very slowly. Then again, this article may not be correct anyway. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

shenshaw

Let's not forget about Mr. Ford. The man has on a number of occasions started rumors just to get a rise out of the audience. Point and case was the title "Indiana Jones ...mer-man prince" rumor that he started and Spielberg dismissed. Spielberg said that the rumor sounded like something Harrison Ford would do.

It could be that Mr. Ford is just once again trying to stir the rumor nest, because he knows that people will start talking again. I'd bet anything, that as long as the man is alive, Harrison Ford would reprise his role as Indy (well beyond the two-year "deadline")

roundshort

This just in, Lucas, Ford, Spielberg, all announce that the New Indy 4 will be made when the Arizona Cards win the Superbowl!

Nice, I see this happening sometime in the next few years, if the other 31 teams all get the flu for 17 weeks one of these up coming football seasons!

shenshaw

roundshort said:
This just in, Lucas, Ford, Spielberg, all announce that the New Indy 4 will be made when the Arizona Cards win the Superbowl!

Nice, I see this happening sometime in the next few years, if the other 31 teams all get the flu for 17 weeks one of these up coming football seasons!

clever....

temple of john said:
Pale Horse told me that Indy 4 is making it's world network premier on TBS next week. He says that filming was finished 3 years ago and it was shown in 3 theatres across the country. I must have missed it. DAMN!!!! :mad:

man I hope they don't premempt Seinfeld reruns to show it.

qwerty

temple of john said:
Pale Horse told me that Indy 4 is making it's world network premier on TBS next week. He says that filming was finished 3 years ago and it was shown in 3 theatres across the country.

I have seen the movie at least five times 'till now. :D