TheRaider.net

Go Back   The Raven > The Films > Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
User Name
Password

Old 05-27-2008, 09:34 AM   #26
Grizzlor
IndyFan

Favorite part is when Indy wouldn't touch the snake while he was in the quicksand.
Grizzlor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 10:50 AM   #27
thelaw
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlor
Favorite part is when Indy wouldn't touch the snake while he was in the quicksand.

Loved the whole quicksand scene. I can't quite put my finger on why, but it probably has to do with the fact that I loved watching Last Crusade the most when I was a kid and this reminded me of that movie more than any other scene...and the snake part has become my favorite snake scene in the entire series. Harrison Ford knows how to play funny fear!
thelaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 10:59 AM   #28
blueseattle
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seaner
Mine would have to be the motorcyle chase with mutt and indiana its kind of short but it was one of the scenes that still had the indiana type action in it

This is my favorite scene, as well. It's when I really feel the Indy movie again, actually. This and the graveyard sequence is just prime stuff.

I also love the opening when Indy swings down and kicks Dovchenko into the console. So good.
blueseattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 11:17 AM   #29
replican't

There are LOTS of moments scattered throughout the film that shine like jewels in the night. Sprinkles of Spielberg magic, if you will. Take the quicksand scene, when Marion tells Indy Mutt is his son and the perilous music thats been swelling around them, well it just.....dies. Silence. In that vaccuum, you feel the weight of her words on Indy as they sink(!) in, followed by the visual one-two of the ground beneath him crumbling, the vortex sucking him down further. Genius. Little touches like that are the ones I hang my hat on with happiness.
replican't is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 11:28 AM   #30
Zorg
IndyFan

I'll have to get back to this after some more viewings (just seen KotCS once so far!), but the Doom Town scene worked much better than I would've thought.
Zorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 12:34 PM   #31
Grizzlor
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelaw
Loved the whole quicksand scene. I can't quite put my finger on why, but it probably has to do with the fact that I loved watching Last Crusade the most when I was a kid and this reminded me of that movie more than any other scene...and the snake part has become my favorite snake scene in the entire series. Harrison Ford knows how to play funny fear!

Yes TLC was also my childhood favorite (I don't think I saw Raiders until I was a teenager). All he was missing was that goofy frown he did at Willie in the TOD spike room.
Grizzlor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 12:41 PM   #32
metalinvader
IndyFan

I absolutley love when Indy jumps from the from the duck onto the jeep full of Russians during the jungle chase.It's so bad ass how he just takes them all out and manages to punch Mac a few times also."Hi,MAC!" *PUNCH* Awesome!

Of course Hanger 51/Doomtown was amazing.Hell,The whole movie was great!
metalinvader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 02:57 PM   #33
Layne
IndyFan

Thumbs up

The beginning of the jeep chase till the beginning of the waterfall part was my favorite (with the exception of the monkey and the jeep in the tree parts).

Coming in second would be from the beginning of the movie until when Indy stumbles off the rocket

Third would be the motor cycle chase with Mutt.

A close fourth would be the UFO takeoff

The little fight scene at Orellana's cradle was ok as well, and deserves some sort of mention, but it was just too short
Layne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 04:22 PM   #34
Yure
IndyFan

The scene who had the most emotional impact for me is when Indy walks on the hill to look at the mushroom cloud... the music, the light, PERFECT in every way.

The sequence I enjoyed most is the motorcycle ride
Yure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 04:40 PM   #35
Crusade>Raiders
IndyFan

Swordfight on the back of jeeps. The music was perfect for that scene to, I always have a stupid grin on my face watching that part.
Crusade>Raiders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 04:47 PM   #36
BasketSnake
IndyFan

didn't you love the very beginning showing the wide angle shot of the desert. it reminded me so much of last crusade. another moment i found very funny (i was probably the only one) was at the graveyard when mutt says "graverobbers will be shot" and indy replies "good thing we're not graverobbers" and throws him the shovel. it was just funny.
BasketSnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 04:52 PM   #37
Perhilion
IndyFan

I can't choose just one scene, but I agree with all the scenes mentioned. I like how Indy gives Mutt the same looks his father gave him when they were on the motorcycle.
Perhilion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 04:53 PM   #38
Jenos Idanian
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BasketSnake
didn't you love the very beginning showing the wide angle shot of the desert. it reminded me so much of last crusade. another moment i found very funny (i was probably the only one) was at the graveyard when mutt says "graverobbers will be shot" and indy replies "good thing we're not graverobbers" and throws him the shovel. it was just funny.

which is funny Indy says that because grave robbing is exactly what they did.
Jenos Idanian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 09:26 PM   #39
Mothy

The warehouse scene for me. It had a nice retro chase with some good cinematography, complete with 'Hound Dog' accompanying it. I love the use of the rocket that blasts Indy across the desert. That is the kind of level I can accept - a fridge flying through the air is one I can't.
Mothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 09:30 PM   #40
JibranK
IndyFan

The warehouse scene. Spielberg and Lucas managed to make me think, for a few minutes, that the Ark would play a major role. Then, they led me to a different train of thought - only to be shown the Ark again!
JibranK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 01:23 AM   #41
phildominator
IndyFan

1. Specifically when Indiana bullwhips the warehouse ceiling light to hop to an escaping truck, then realizes he miscalculates and falls into the truck behind.

Rambunctious, spontaneous, adventurous and hilarious. Something only Indiana Jones can pull off.

Unfortunately, a bad line followed - "I thought I was closer." Too obvious/contrived...all the audience needed was one of those famous Harrison Ford "what the hell just happened" looks.

2. When Mutt Williams first tosses the snake to pull Indiana out the of the sand trap. Unfortunately, they beat that joke to death and made Indiana actually hold onto the snake. It would've been better if Mutt just tossed away the snake and found a branch.

3. The cemetary scene - Classic. Not hokey, not too eery, pure adventure.

4. Indiana taking the fedora away from Mutt at the end of the wedding scene.

5. Indiana looking at Brody and Dad's photo while his friend says the line "We're at an age where life starts to take..." -- touching scene revealing Indiana's humanity and that even he can't beat back changing times and the aging process.

6. Indiana getting pulled off of Mutt's motorcycle into one side of the Russians car and then climbing out of the other side...comical adventure.

Lots of other 'several second' scenes...
phildominator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 01:35 AM   #42
tastethecourage
IndyFan

I *LOVE* it when Mutt sports a "Man, that was awesome" grin when Brody's head falls into the Russian's lap while Indy looks on disapprovingly.

Just like when Indy sported that same grin twenty years earlier on a bike while his father looked on disapprovingly.
tastethecourage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 05:03 AM   #43
DaveTheHutt
IndyFan

It's not a scene as such, but I loved that moment when the Russians get out the truck to meet the guards at Area 51, then Dovchenko drops down to tie his laces and the guys behind fan out and shoot the guards - nicely done, and the first sign of Spielberg at the helm.
DaveTheHutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 05:24 AM   #44
Spalkomania
IndyFan

The Doomtown and motorbike chase bits are my favorites after one viewing.
Spalkomania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 05:28 AM   #45
Mrs_Fedora
IndyFan

Not the best scene, but very funny: Indy gets cleaned by the broom men after the nucleair explosion... just look at his face when they clean him 'downstairs' .. classic Indy!

For the rest, i liked the motorcycle chase with Mutt and the jungle chase was cool
Mrs_Fedora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 06:44 AM   #46
RocketSledFight
IndyFan

I loved the shot where Indy swings down on a chain and kicks the suspended Dovchenko through glass. Classic Indy.
RocketSledFight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 06:55 AM   #47
Agent Z
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketSledFight
I loved the shot where Indy swings down on a chain and kicks the suspended Dovchenko through glass. Classic Indy.

Yes, the pacing of the warehouse segment is great. The action just flows really well.
Agent Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 07:37 AM   #48
Ska
IndyFan

Hmmm...the more I see this movie, the more scenes I like...

It's either the Warehouse/Doom Town opening or the Arnie's Diner fight between the Greasers and the Jocks.

I'll also agree that the motorcycle escape feels the most "Indy" out of the whole movie.

My favorite line is actually from a Russian goon. When Indy, Marion, and Mutt are tied in the back of the truck (beginning of truck chase)...Indy and Marion are going back and forth about their past...and the Russian guard turns around and says (in broken English), "For love of God, shut th' hell up!" Cracks me up every time!
Ska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 08:25 AM   #49
oki9Sedo
IndyFan

The opening credits.

It does so much without the audience even knowing it. Pure genius.
oki9Sedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 08:29 AM   #50
QBComics
IndyFan

The opening scene was brilliant but, I loved the entire movie so much, it's hard to choose.
QBComics is offline   Reply With Quote