TheRaider.net

Go Back   The Raven > The Films > Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
User Name
Password

Old 01-28-2013, 07:43 AM   #26
replican't

It's just a sh*t film.

Watch Raiders, then watch Skullf*ck. Its like the difference between sex with the woman of your dreams and a snog from your gran.
replican't is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:50 AM   #27
The Drifter
IndyFan

Location: The distant figure that walks the treeline. The man standing in the field.
Quote:
Originally Posted by replican't
It's just a sh*t film.

Watch Raiders, then watch Skullf*ck. Its like the difference between sex with the woman of your dreams and a snog from your gran.

This is just pathetic. If you're gonna troll at least show some form of subtlety about it. This is on par with what a 13-year old would produce. After all this time you've been trolling this boards, it seems you would've developed a better tactic.
The Drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 10:08 AM   #28
replican't

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Drifter
This is just pathetic. If you're gonna troll at least show some form of subtlety about it. This is on par with what a 13-year old would produce. After all this time you've been trolling this boards, it seems you would've developed a better tactic.

It's not trolling to call Crystalmeth a pile of poo - it's scientific fact. Just ask anyone with eyes and ears. A big bunch of you lot dont count, of course, being insane mutants who lost all perspective years ago, for the most part.
Old 01-28-2013, 10:17 AM   #29
Indy's brother
IndyFan

Quote:
It's not trolling to call Crystalmeth a pile of poo - it's scientific fact. Just ask anyone with eyes and ears. A big bunch of you lot dont count, of course, being insane mutants who lost all perspective years ago, for the most part.

Insane mutants? Sure. But with better internet manners than you? Sure enough. Why don't you find a better arena for your insult comedy.
Indy's brother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 10:30 AM   #30
replican't

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy's brother
Insane mutants? Sure. But with better internet manners than you? Sure enough. Why don't you find a better arena for your insult comedy.

Politicians have better manners than most, but look at them.
Old 01-28-2013, 10:30 AM   #31
The Drifter
IndyFan

Location: The distant figure that walks the treeline. The man standing in the field.
Quote:

I couldn't care less if you hate the movie; that in itself doesn't bother me in the slightest. But, coming in here slinging vulgar words in every single post, and frankly acting like a child having a temper-tantrum is uncalled for in my opinion. Kids do come here, and this is supposed to be a family-friendly forum. Also, no one is ever gonna take you seriously as long as you act like a tike without dessert after dinner.
Old 01-28-2013, 10:31 AM   #32
replican't

Kids swear all the time. It's cool and its funny and actually it gets straight to the point.

Christ on a bike, what planet do you live on?

I bet you're American, right?
Old 01-28-2013, 10:43 AM   #33
Vance
IndyFan

Quote:
Kids swear all the time. It's cool and its funny and actually it gets straight to the point.

Having kids, I'm saying 'no' to that one. I raise my kids better than that.

Quote:
I bet you're American, right?

National bigotry as well? Charming.

I'm not going to spend a lot of time debating this one with you, but I'll just point out one thing. You keep going like you are, basically acting like a spoiled little jackass, and no one will want you here. If you can't be civil to the other posters, then they have no reason to be civil to you.

So, basically, grow up or go away.
Vance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 10:47 AM   #34
replican't

I'm being told to grow up by a man who posts on an Indiana Jones forum.

Oh, that delicious ironing.....
Old 01-28-2013, 10:50 AM   #35
The Drifter
IndyFan

Quote:
I'm being told to grow up by a man who posts on an Indiana Jones forum.

Oh, that delicious ironing.....

While your ironing, can you also iron my pants for me?
Old 01-28-2013, 11:02 AM   #36
replican't

If we're going to get into semantic debates, it's 'you're' not 'your'. A common mistake but all too rife, and one deserving of opprobrium, I feel.
Old 01-28-2013, 11:07 AM   #37
The Drifter
IndyFan

Quote:
If we're going to get into semantic debates, it's 'you're' not 'your'. A common mistake but all too rife, and one deserving of opprobrium, I feel.

Your just nit-picking now. You're grammatical retort is kind of weak. I am to busy to deed you any more and I could care less.
Old 01-28-2013, 11:15 AM   #38
replican't

He he. I dig your humour mate - at least you're willing to have a laugh.
Old 01-28-2013, 10:19 PM   #39
Raiders112390
IndyFan

Replicant is one of those Batfreaks that hated KOTCS before it was even out.
Raiders112390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 11:24 PM   #40
Finn

Exclamation Moderator note

Well, as the title says, this is still a moderated forum. And some lines were clearly crossed in this thread. And when those flags go up, the punishment is usually swift and just.

Even if the upkeep settled for giving some cooler-time to just one participant of this recent back-and-worth, there is no need for the rest of you to stoop down on said depths as well. We're willing to look away now, as you were clearly being agitated, but in the future... if you see something you think warrants the attention of a mod, just bring in it to the attention of one.

That's all. Now, bring this discussion back on line or scatter to the four winds, basking in that gloriously good feeling of justice having happened.
Finn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 05:01 PM   #41
Nurhachi1991
IndyFan

This reminds me of a thread I would of posted 4 years ago. Only the spelling and grammar is superb.
Nurhachi1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 01:24 AM   #42
Indy's brother
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn
That's all. Now, bring this discussion back on line or scatter to the four winds, basking in that gloriously good feeling of justice having happened.

Well, the Ugha word for 'gold' translates as 'treasure.' But their treasure wasn't gold, it was banning. Banning was their treasure.
Indy's brother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 05:51 AM   #43
Le Saboteur
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoo
To answer Scott's often repeated question: I think people are hard on "Skull" because they had overblown expectations. (It was actually better than I thought it would be!)

If I may offer a personal anecdote here, I managed to step into the theatre only knowing the title (inadvertently gleaned from here). The handful of "expectations" I had were based on the creative team's proven track record of being able to tell a story intelligently. Walking out of said theatre, however, those expectations didn't even come close to being met.

A movie is not greater than the sum of a couple of novel scenes.

This commercial succeeds @ more than the entire movie did in 120th of the time.

Le Saboteur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 04:56 AM   #44
Mickiana
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy's brother
Well, the Ugha word for 'gold' translates as 'treasure.' But their treasure wasn't gold, it was banning. Banning was their treasure.

From 'Uncle' Finn to 'Ugha' Finn. Both endearing terms of course.

On topic: People are hard on Indy IV because CS needs to be whipped for all its obvious faults!
Mickiana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 08:29 AM   #45
replican't

It is a thrilling adventure film minus the thrills or adventure. Stuff just happens for a couple of hours, you scratch your head at parts, yawn at others and laugh at the rest. Meanwhile, a bunch of obscenely rich people high five each other all the way to their offshore pension plans.
Old 02-06-2013, 08:43 AM   #46
IndyJames98
IndyFan

hey i loved Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. the aliens sorta bugged me, but loved it anyway. but hey it was no phantom menace thats for sure!
IndyJames98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 12:18 PM   #47
Stoo
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Saboteur
If I may offer a personal anecdote here, I managed to step into the theatre only knowing the title (inadvertently gleaned from here). The handful of "expectations" I had were based on the creative team's proven track record of being able to tell a story intelligently. Walking out of said theatre, however, those expectations didn't even come close to being met.

A movie is not greater than the sum of a couple of novel scenes.
The thing is, Sabo, you don't drone on & on & on about your aversion like some others do. Initial disappointment in 2008 is understandable but this thread's question was asked in the present tense. Taking that distinction into account, why are certain people "so hard on" Indy 4 almost 5 years later?

The disenchanted folk are "so hard on" the film while the lovers HAVE a hard-on for it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiana
From 'Uncle' Finn to 'Ugha' Finn. Both endearing terms of course.
Heh. Combine both of your names and you get a 'Mickey Finn', the infamous knock-out drink from Indy's era. (Do the Mods have a bottle of chloral hydrate stashed behind the bar?)
Stoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 04:03 PM   #48
roundshort
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoo

Heh. Combine both of your names and you get a 'Mickey Finn', the infamous knock-out drink from Indy's era. (Do the Mods have a bottle of chloral hydrate stashed behind the bar?)

Stoo, how else do you think Finn can pick up the chicks (or guys if that is how he swings)?
roundshort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 09:36 PM   #49
Raiders112390
IndyFan

KOTCS' problem is that it's a good film following three classic films. It's not a poor, average or bad film; it's just a good film in a series of greats. It's like having three Einstein-esque genius children and one who is of just average to above average intelligence.
Raiders112390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 10:21 AM   #50
replican't

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders112390
KOTCS' problem is that it's a good film following three classic films. It's not a poor, average or bad film; it's just a good film in a series of greats. It's like having three Einstein-esque genius children and one who is of just average to above average intelligence.

Its not a good film. You need to watch more films.

Oh, and only Raiders is a 'classic'.

Last edited by Attila the Professor : 03-27-2013 at 12:02 PM. Reason: Double post.