Pleasedon'tsuck
Pleasedon'tsuck
Pleasedon'tsuck
Pleasedon'tsuck
Pleasedon'tsuck
Pleasedon'tsuck

Please!

Katarn07

Anyone else here from Chicago-land? I just got back from a part of the shooting tonight. I saw two Joker goons with clown masks inside of a truck, the Joker's stunt double/stand in (not sure who he was, but it wasn't Heath), and a Gotham City SWAT van with a couple of SWAT guys. A helicopter was there, but I'm not sure if that's in the film or if it had a camera in it for the shooting. It was pretty amazing. I'm definitely gonna head back over there for more sequences. Hopefully I can see the Tumbler or Batpod next time.

I'd post pics but you can find better stuff online. We didn't get there until 11 pm and no flash photography was allowed. Plus I might be violating some copyright thing.

Niteshade007

^^^Congrats, that's amazing!

I have to say though, that teaser trailer is pretty bad. It's cool that it's different from most teasers. It gives you all dialogue and no pictures, but I'm just partial to rapid images that don't really make any sense but still get you more excited about the movie. I mean, for this trailer, had I seen it in a movie theater, I would not have known what it was for until the very end when it said "The Dark Knight."

Katarn07

Actually, I don't think it was done so much for the fans as the casual moviegoers who don't even realize another Batman movie is in the works. This franchise isn't marketed like Pirates and Spidey afterall. All of this viral marketing stuff is pretty interesting and that's designed quite well for the fans.

I uploaded pics from last night and thought I'd share them just because this was such an exciting experience. You can find this stuff on other sites anyways. Mine aren't even too clear: http://s44.photobucket.com/albums/f21/Katarn07/The Dark Knight Location Shoot/

I also took a video which turned out much clearer than any pics. Kinda regret not doing it when the Joker appeared: http://s44.photobucket.com/albums/f21/Katarn07/?action=view&current=3e464574.flv

Baron Brunwald

ClintonHammond said:
Pleasedon'tsuck
Pleasedon'tsuck
Pleasedon'tsuck
Pleasedon'tsuck
Pleasedon'tsuck
Pleasedon'tsuck
Pleasedon'tsuck
Pleasedon'tsuck
Pleasedon'tsuck

Please!

If Nolan has a hand in it it can't suck. That's law.

No Ticket

Katarn07 said:
Actually, I don't think it was done so much for the fans as the casual moviegoers who don't even realize another Batman movie is in the works. This franchise isn't marketed like Pirates and Spidey afterall. All of this viral marketing stuff is pretty interesting and that's designed quite well for the fans.

I uploaded pics from last night and thought I'd share them just because this was such an exciting experience. You can find this stuff on other sites anyways. Mine aren't even too clear: http://s44.photobucket.com/albums/f21/Katarn07/The Dark Knight Location Shoot/

I also took a video which turned out much clearer than any pics. Kinda regret not doing it when the Joker appeared: http://s44.photobucket.com/albums/f21/Katarn07/?action=view&current=3e464574.flv

Thanks for sharing... that was pretty cool! I wish I could be on the set of a movie like that. Well I was on the set of a movie, but it wasn't one like that. lol.

I think this movie will be way better than the first Batman Begins.

HovitosKing

No Ticket said:

That would be an incredible feat. I was in Chicago during the filming of Batman Begins, but all I got to see was a street or two closed off and some cars with Gotham license plates. Also, some signs posted on the street asking those who normally park there for work to park elsewhere and send receipts for parking fees to a certain address.

Katarn07

No Ticket said:

That's the vibe I get from the people who have either read the script or know a bit too many spoilers. But I agree with HovitosKing. That will be an incredible feat. And even if this movie is spectacular, and better than Begins, where does that leave the third film? Hopefully not in the lukewarm waters filled with flops like Spidey and Pirates.

Niteshade007

HovitosKing said:
and a new photo of the Joker here:

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=22853

or
theknifejoker.jpg

Actually, some people think that picture might be a fake. They say it's from the 1989 Batman, just photoshopped. It looks very well done though if it photoshopped.

Vendetta08

I've heard someone say that but they were just jokin'. That picture was released by an official site owned by WB which had also broadcast Joker pics from comic-con. It ain't fake.

edit: Forgot to leave an opinion..........I think he looks cool.

DannyBoy

(sorry for being so late) Im pretty excited about this one, Batman Begins was (in my view) the best so far. After the horror that was Batman Forever and the discgrace that was Batman & Robin, Batman Begins was exactly what the series needed to reinvigorate it. It did for Batman what Goldeneye did for James Bond.

Christian Bale is also my favourite Batman, combine that with the vision of Nolan and you got a fantastic movie full stop. Not just a fantastic Batman movie.

Ledger is a fine actor and I have faith in the lad, I imagine he will bring something fresh to the character while maintaining the villainas spirit of old and past Jokers.

I also think it's cool they chose not to call it "Batman This" or "Batman That". "The Dark Knight" is a great title for it. And should be a great next step after the characters rebirth in Batman Begins.

...Bring it on...

Niteshade007

A lot of people seem down on Batman Forever. Granted, I haven't seen it since I was a kid, but I loved it then. I still love the 1989 Batman, but I'm not one of those who thinks that only Keaton is Batman and only Nicholson is Joker. Batman returns was ok. I had seen it once when I was little, and then again this year. I thought the film's main saving grace was Michell Pfieffer's Catwoman. Certainly added a layer of depth to the character. I found the Penguin, however, to be an uninteresting and unappealing villain. The film might have been better without him. Batman Forever I enjoyed (Nicole Kidman was probably my first movie star crush, and Batman Forever is solely responsible for that). Batman & Robin is pure crap though. Not really even funny to watch.

Batman Begins I honestly didn't love. I thought it was good, but not great. I do look forward to seeing the Dark Knight though.

HovitosKing

Batman Forever had its moments, and I personally don't think it was awful. It was, however, treading a very fine line which the franchise finally plunged from with Batman and Robin. Batman Begins shouldn't even be compared to those, as it hails from an entirely different level of filmmaking than any of the previous entries. I just hope the sequels it spawns don't take it down the same road as previous sequel-laden hero franchises, like Batman and Spider-Man.

DannyBoy

Hmm, to be fair you guys are probably right. Batman Forever isn't super bad. I have it on VHS somewhere and I used to like it. I think I just grew out of it. If you watch it now it pales in comparison to the first 2 and to BBegins.

I prefer Batman Returns out of the first 2. I remember being freaked out by it as a kid. Penguin creeped me the hell out. Mostly in those few scenes with him as a baby, creeping people out and then getting dumped etc.

Tim Burton's vision really made the first 2 in my opinion. Keaton was very good and so was Nicholson but neither are what sticks in my head about those movies. It's the Artsy stylings of Tim Burton that I love about them.

HovitosKing

DannyBoy said:
Keaton was very good and so was Nicholson but neither are what sticks in my head about those movies. It's the Artsy stylings of Tim Burton that I love about them.

I agree, although I liked Keaton a lot, it was Burton's dark, gritty Gotham City that made those movies great. One thing I hope Nolan focuses on in the Dark Knight is the cityscape--like how Burton did in Batman/Batman Returns and how Scott did in Blade Runner.

Bullwhip

Can't stand Burton and Schumacher's Batman, though I did love Batman '89 as a 12-year-old kid.

Nolan's Batman all the way.