Wow I think I'm ******* retarded

Indyologist

I've always been above average in reading and writing, but way below average in math, so I feel your pain, man. The most I want to deal with regarding math involves balancing a checkbook and maybe some basic percentages and division. That's it.

I almost didn't graduate from college because of an algebra test we had to take. Fortunately I had help from the academic skills center there and I was able to pass and get my BA! That was close.

Don't feel bad about failing your exam. Try again. You'll get it. Is there an academic skills center or resource room in your school you can go to for some extra help with learning math for your test? Let us know when you'll be taking it again. You'll be in my prayers. I know how tough it can be.

roundshort

look, I am 30++++ here i cant do ANY math, except when my steelers or pens or bucks win. but if you don't pass that test, well loser . . .

Nurhachi1991

sarah navarro said:
Im in the 11th grade and im still taking Algebra 1 for the 3rd time!:mad:
I passed everytime but with a C----- like just barely a D.So i have to keep retaking it over because its so hard and i dont understand!They wont let me go to Algebra 2 until i understand it,so im finally going to Alg.2 for my senior year eventhough i still DONT have any clue how to do it! i can barely do long division and i cant do Integers to save my life!!!!I do ALL my homework and everything he asks but when it comes to tests i FAIL:( Dont feel bad

I just finished Algebra 2 and I have to do Geometry my senior year and I still have to do Alegbra 3-4 after that :mad:

DocWhiskey

I'm terrible at any kind of math. But I'm lucky. I'm in my 2nd year at college and I'm taking Algebra 2. We need to get at least a C in the class to pass, and it doesn't even count towards our GPA. But I basically have the best professor ever. I go to an art school and I'm studying animation, and she knows we don't need this. So she teaches us, gives us optional homework, and when the test comes she lets us use all of our notes and won't let us leave unless we get at least a C. The tests may sound harsh, but she gives us hints to every mistake we make. And as long as it looks like we're trying, we get an automatic C in the class, which means we pass.

indifan101

Dude I failed the math part of my OGT twice don't worry about it. You'll pass don't worry you will pass. I had the same thing happen to me it's ok. I passed it my third time and graduated with my senior class this year and you'll do the same thing.

Turtle

I failed math at High School. The difference is here we don't graduate. One day we just stop going. Then a couple of months later we get grades through the door.

Math is complicated, useless stuff. I can understand times tables, adding, subtracting, multiplying etc.

But even simpler stuff is stupid. I've been out of High School for 4 years, and never once have I had to work out the area of a triangle.

vaxer

Moderator Emeritus
Dust McAlan said:
I think that schools should only teach basic math. That's all you need unless you're going into a field where you're going to need complicated mathematics, IE science or chemistry or whatever. Then you can take advanced math in college which will help you get towards science. It's not a hard concept, but nooooooooo, we have to teach ****ing advanced abstract math to kids in high school. Because, you know, they must NEED it or something.

Our government is retarded.

There's no advanced math in high school. It's important for children to learn how to handle abstract concepts even if they don't plan on becoming scientists.

00Kevin

Indyfan
Nurhachi1991 said:
mathisgau.gif

mmm, dat's sexy