Embarrassing Checking Accounts

AlivePoet

DocWhiskey said:
Well, at least you had some kind company that night, right?

When it comes down to it, you did the right thing, AlivePoet. I probably would've done the same in your situation.

Probably.

Yeah, but I started regretting not sleeping with her the moment I left her.

There's honour for you... ha.

(This was actually just last night, as in a few hours ago, so I'm still kind of on a simultaneous high and low from what transpired.)

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Now, I just don't know how any girl can do that (and want to do that). Maybe I'm just old fashioned. Though mind you, what does a girl do if she has friends who have moving on with their own lives and she herself is starting a life of her own and you don't see each other, it does get quite boring, but then she doesn't want to get a serious boyfriend because she could just get up and leave for a shoot at any time and if it's casual, well, the guy expects the physical stuff and you don't want to go too far and then, only really creepy guys seem to be attracted to her and ask her out, when she would like someone a little more normal (or at least, isn't possessive and can dance a bit).

Maybe I've lost my touch afterall, haven't dated anyone for 3 and half years. Not even one date.

Though AlivePoet, I think you definitely did the right thing. She might have gone on hating you for doing it if you guys had gone further. At least, this way, you did let her lead and didn't push her into anything, so she can't blame you for anything. You just went along for the ride (which I somewhat think pretty much any guy would do in your situation).

Reminds me of something that happened to me once. I met a friend of a friend, when a group of buddies and I hit the clubs on St Pat's a couple of years ago. He talked to me a lot, danced with me and exchanged numbers and emails and asked me out. He even waited with me for my ride. He seemed pretty damn interested. The next day I'll email him and I find out that he's been having trouble with his girlfriend. GIRLFRIEND?!!!! Apparently, they were breaking up and he really needed time to himself. I never saw him again, but he did apologise for leading me on and said I was a nice, cute girl. :rolleyes: Lucky for him, he kept trying to plant a kiss on me all night and I kept refusing, and told him that I wasn't like that but would accept a peck on the cheek and a hug.

AlivePoet

Violet Indy said:
Maybe I've lost my touch afterall, haven't dated anyone for 3 and half years. Not even one date.

Seems like every time you bring this up the time increases and the number of dates becomes fewer. Like I said, seems. ;)

Violet Indy said:
You just went along for the ride (which I somewhat think pretty much any guy would do in your situation).

To be fair, I was in the mood for making out and having some sexual fun, but nothing more, really. I have no interest in entering a committed relationship right now, so this was perfect.* Until I heard about her break-up...

Violet Indy said:
He seemed pretty damn interested. The next day I'll email him and I find out that he's been having trouble with his girlfriend. GIRLFRIEND?!!!! Apparently, they were breaking up and he really needed time to himself. I never saw him again, but he did apologise for leading me on and said I was a nice, cute girl. :rolleyes:

Well, at least he was man enough to let you know why he acted as he did. And you got a compliment to boot! I'd imagine you've received a few more of those than you've been on dates? :)

*I'm not pretending to be overly honourable, being a casual dater who is currently into free love and no commitment. I wouldn't go to a strip club or hire a prostitute, though. So I guess that I do maintain some dignity, aye?

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
AlivePoet said:
Seems like every time you bring this up the time increases and the number of dates becomes fewer. Like I said, seems. ;)

Well, time just keeps flying. In fact, if you want to be completely accurate, Dec 2005, I was a single gal and had just broken up when I joined the Raven. And I seriously haven't been on any dates with anyone. Doesn't mean I haven't had offers. I just haven't had offers that I liked enough (by that, I mean anyone who doesn't seem creepy :eek: ).

AlivePoet said:
To be fair, I was in the mood for making out and having some sexual fun, but nothing more, really. I have no interest in entering a committed relationship right now, so this was perfect.* Until I heard about her break-up...

Yeah, I'm sure hearing about the break up was awkward and I know a little how that feels from my own experience.

AlivePoet said:
Well, at least he was man enough to let you know why he acted as he did. And you got a compliment to boot! I'd imagine you've received a few more of those than you've been on dates? :)

*I'm not pretending to be overly honourable, being a casual dater who is currently into free love and no commitment. I wouldn't go to a strip club or hire a prostitute, though. So I guess that I do maintain some dignity, aye?

Well at least, you've got some dignity, though I'm not one to judge, at least, you're putting yourself out there and getting what you want, I guess. We've all got our own philosophies to live by, right? I do get compliments from guys, but because I'm a "safe" girl to hang out with, The guys who give the compliments, are always in a relationship (mind you, a lot of girls do feel threatened by me, even though I don't flirt with a guy if he's taken as that's just wrong).

I'm the kind of gal who gets caught up in a guy group and gets considered as one of the fellas (think Kate from the Drew Carey Show, and that will give you a bit of an idea), so I become a no go zone based on the fact they don't want to lose friendship (and neither do I) so if I was to be playing the field, it would have to be with a complete stranger or friends of friends. My best friend did make me do internet speed dating on facebook, but it just creeped me out too much and I just can't have feelings for written words on a screen (irony at it's best considering my career).

Finn

Staff member
Violet Indy said:
Dec 2005, I was a single gal and had just broken up when I joined the Raven.
Hold on, you're telling us that a web community of thousands was your rebound? Kinky...

And AlivePoet, I had no idea there's a celibacy period after breaking up from a relationship. One more scratch to the list of rules I've broken in my life. If you both knew and agreed that it was just going to be physical, I see no harm done. Walking out only makes sense if you subconsciously realize that you might have hopes of developing something more. Then it becomes the smart the thing to do.

Okay, there's another risk to it too. It could have developed into something more by her initiative as well, but that could have arisen some doubts about her sense of judgment and motives. The longer she's been without a significant someone, the more certain you can be she's into it because she's really into you... and not because there's other stuff clouding her judgment as there could be a world of trouble in the horizon once those clouds clear.

indifan101

A game that me and a friend of mine played all the time back in HS. He's puerto rican so he used to have a saying for Kenobi's old motto "your eyes can decieve you dont trust them." Anyways we were at a restaurant down in Florida and the girls by Miami and Orlando are "DAMN"! Anyways while down there me and him played "the rating game" at girls that walked by that we found hot. Well as they walked along the boardwalk we got the occasional waves and hi's and nods followed by a couple winks. He stopped almost dead in his tracks when he saw this one blonde from behind and let me tell you she had the perfect @ss I've ever seen! I kid you not gentlemen this was like top quality. As he continued to check her out he wanted to go up and say something but of course like the chicken little he is he stood behind and didn't even make an attempt. He said "dude I have to see what that face must look like bet she's unbelievably cute!" I nodded and we both sat on the bench waiting for her to turn around and when she finally did my face was as white as ghost he just sat there and mouthed a gape. She may of had a hot backside but yikes deffinetly NOT a hot or cute face. :dead: Needless to say we said nothing and moved on. I however did hook up with some other "coeds" that night so in the end it all worked out. (y) (For me). Brian on the other hand ended up resorting to CineMax. :eek:

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Finn said:
Hold on, you're telling us that a web community of thousands was your rebound? Kinky...

What can I say? I didn't get much out of the relationship. He wasn't affectionate at all. Too obsessed with a little internet game called World of Warcraft and a card game called Magic cards. Even if he wasn't obsessed, he just was no fun to be with and was a jerk.

Nerdy more than kinky considering what gets discussed outside of the Offtopic section, so Indiana Jones was technically the rebound (that probably sounds worse), though I personally never felt like rebounding after a relationship. I always want to hang out with friends, and go to the movies and stuff, rather than pashing or flirting with randoms and prefer staying very far, far away from the ex. Which is what I've been doing for the past 3 and half years. That and getting my career on some kind of track.

AlivePoet

Indifan101 - great story! Yeah, shallow as it may be, I agree that the face is a crucial part of a girl's looks. Just as important as her tush.* ;)

Violet Indy said:
The guys who give the compliments, are always in a relationship (mind you, a lot of girls do feel threatened by me, even though I don't flirt with a guy if he's taken as that's just wrong).

Really? I'm not one to break up a relationship, but...it's not as though they are tied to each other indefinitely. Relationships begin and end, they're always in flux... and if you want to flirt with a guy who is currently in a relationship, I don't see a whole lot wrong with that, so long as you don't cause him to cheat. But then, not everyone is into gratuitous flirtation.

I guess what I'm saying is, a person in a relationship should not be held under lock and key by his or her partner. Harsh as it sounds, that's what it often boils down to, and this can create feelings of resentment, discontentment, and general unhappiness for either partner, or both.

Now, I wouldn't have said that about a year ago, when I was in a committed relationship. But after it ended, I came to a realization that it can be a very unhealthy environment, staying only with one partner and never diversifying. So I've been into free love lately, and I feel more liberated than ever before. Perhaps the day will come again when commitment will seem appealing. But certainly not anytime soon.

Finn said:
And AlivePoet, I had no idea there's a celibacy period after breaking up from a relationship. One more scratch to the list of rules I've broken in my life. If you both knew and agreed that it was just going to be physical, I see no harm done. Walking out only makes sense if you subconsciously realize that you might have hopes of developing something more. Then it becomes the smart the thing to do.

I think subconsciously I was actually wishing there could be more between us... not a "committed relationship" more, but I wanted to genuinely see her for something more than just a physically attractive person. But I also felt that she would probably regret--after having just come out of a committed relationship of five years--sleeping with another guy so quickly. And that's all I would be to her--another ("so cute") guy. So I suppose that I wanted her to see me as something more, too.

I don't know why... after all, I've been saying all this time I'm into free love. What's up with that, eh?

*Never been much into the chest...

Mephisto

My friend told me a great story about his cousin who I am also friends with. They were together in the cafe at the Community College we went to. There were a group of girls at the counter buying stuff. My friend tells his cousin what a nice butt this one girl has...then she turned around. It turns out it was his own sister. I asked him about it and he admitted it happened. He just yelled "I didn't know!"

AlivePoet

Mephisto said:
My friend told me a great story about his cousin who I am also friends with. They were together in the cafe at the Community College we went to. There were a group of girls at the counter buying stuff. My friend tells his cousin what a nice butt this one girl has...then she turned around. It turns out it was his own sister. I asked him about it and he admitted it happened. He just yelled "I didn't know!"

LOL! That's one for the books. Journal entry title: "Inadvertently Incestuous Irises." ;)

Finn

Staff member
AlivePoet said:
I don't know why... after all, I've been saying all this time I'm into free love. What's up with that, eh?
I know what you mean. The thing is, in a one-off relationship doing the deed should be the ultimate goal, not a hopeful method of gaining something more.

Two parties go down on each other because one needs to empty his purse of change and another her clocks cleaned. The key is keeping things simple and your goals clear. If it starts showing the signs of getting too complicated, it just stops being fun.

AlivePoet

Finn said:
Two parties go down on each other because one needs to empty his purse of change and another her clocks cleaned.

LOL! Aptly described. :hat:

Finn said:
The key is keeping things simple and your goals clear. If it starts showing the signs of getting too complicated, it just stops being fun.

You make a good point--it shouldn't be interpreted as anything more or less than what it is: sex with no strings attached. Good thing I'm in the theatre and not puppetry.*

EDIT: *Disclaimer: this is a bad joke.

Finn

Staff member
And to prevent this thread from getting derailed, here's another account that happened to yours truly.

Another day at the uni, another computer class. Not the same classroom this time however. The machines were laid out in seven or eight rows, in a narrow room four comps in each row with an aisle on the middle. Two comps per table, so to say.

The comps were equipped with flatscreens that had a built-in webcam at the top frame. There was this pair of chicks sitting in front of me but this time, instead of checking out what they were working on, I genuinely let my eyes wander.

Suddenly this chick whose backside I'm admiring at drops her pen or something from the table and reaches down under the table bending down on her chair. She's wearing low-cut jeans and a small T-shirt so I'm able to catch a prime glimpse of her lower back and the upper end of her buttcrack.

Suddenly the girl next to her turns her head slightly towards me and gives me this knowing smile, waking me from my trance. Yep - you probably got it. The clumsy one had the cam on and when she bent out of the way, there I was, on the side of the frame - caught in the act.

I gave the other girl a lopsided grin, shrugged my elbows in a "couldn't help it" manner and went back to whatever I was pretending to be doing.

<small>As you can see, I'm really doing my best at ruining the reputation of every self-respecting nerd...</small>

AlivePoet

^ That is classic stuff. They probably didn't even have a problem with it. And if they did, their choice of attire couldn't justify their indignation.

Finn said:
<small>As you can see, I'm really doing my best at ruining the reputation of every self-respecting nerd...</small>

Well isn't that, like, what you're here for? ;)

Just last week Thursday when I had a job interview, one of the interns had a fabulous ass, as accentuated by her very tight jeans. (Let me tell you, if I get hired, the company might have made a mistake. But anyway, I'll continue: ) I checked her out for a good three minutes straight, since she was doing some filing with her back to me. Then my interviewer came up front and I didn't notice her right away. So she stood directly in front of the girl. I noticed her then, and also a smirk on her face that to me said "So terribly sorry to block your view..."

Well, that kinda threw my interview off. And it was embarrassing, to say the least.

Stoo

AlivePoet said:
I spent a night at the jazz festival, and was playing my melodica (a wind instrument) along with a band, when a very cute girl comes up to me and asks me to dance with her and her friends. Well, I did, and we had a great time. Following the concert, her friends left, but we continued to hang out...no personal questions, just light chatter. We grabbed some pizza and went back to see a Ben Harper concert, where we sat down under the stars.
Ha Ha! I was there, too!:D We were standing in the middle of the intersection of President Kennedy & Jeanne Mance (near the statue of Kennedy's head). Where were you and your fly-by-night squeeze?

Here's one of mine (with a twist): While I'm in Switzerland, the town I live in is not very large and I keep crossing paths/bumping into the same babe, over & over. With long, blonde hair, a tiny waist and legs taller than telephone poles, she's an absolutely stunning woman who works at a boutique for women's shoes and always wears tight, black clothes. The type of body & face which makes the hardest-boiled guy crack like and egg "and go sappy". We've shared several, fleeting glances but...

Recently, in the check-out line at a grocery store, I saw her in the corner of my eye a few places behind. When I started to bag my stuff, I went to the very end of the counter in order to face her direction and catch a glimpse. As I casually looked up, our eyes met and I caught her totally checking me out. Immediately, she looked away, eyes darting about in panic (looking at the ceiling and anywhere else but my direction) and her face flushed red with embarrassment.

The hottest girl in town caught checking me out...Gotta love it.:D Too bad I'm already taken.

Last edited:
Surprised no one's mentioned this...

hmmm...now off with Michele to see the Pope!

3729710890_1b9298889f.jpg

I blame his wife...it's really sad when a husband in such a prominent position can be distracted from the business at hand by the business of boot.

AlivePoet

Stoo said:
Ha Ha! I was there, too!:D We were standing in the middle of the intersection of President Kennedy & Jeanne Mance (near the statue of Kennedy's head). Where were you and your fly-by-night squeeze?

On de Maisonneuve, under the lights setup near Scene-Loto Quebec. Great concert--the best part definitely being the cover of Bowie and Queen's "Under Pressure." :D

Stoo said:
As I casually looked up, our eyes met and I caught her totally checking me out. Immediately, she looked away, eyes darting about in panic (looking at the ceiling and anywhere else but my direction) and her face flushed red with embarrassment.

Now that's an ego booster! ;)

Stoo said:
The hottest girl in town caught checking me out...Gotta love it.:D Too bad I'm already taken.

Aww, shucks...no free love for Stoo? Heheh.

Pale Horse said:
...no pun intended.

Yakity-yak-yak

AlivePoet

Okay, this one isn't so much a personal checking account as an observation. I was walking downtown near UQAM and a gorgeous woman mid-30s was walking by wearing very tight jeans. As I walked past I briefly considered taking a swift glance behind me, but as I deliberated, a homeless fellow mid-50's who was walking near me turns around completely, and stares bluntly at her behind for ten seconds. Nothing whatsoever to hide (or lose). He knew what he wanted to see and ho(r)ned in on it. He looked expressionless, like a dog that looks at a tossed ball: he knows it's there, prime for fetching, but just isn't motivated enough to get it. Anyway, I watched him watch her and that was entertaining enough for me. Not in the least embarrassing for him, I'm certain. ;)

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Ok, I've got a new story appropriate for this thread.

I went to a local premiere for a indie production company (it was a pretty big do). Anyway, obviously went to meet some peeps, network, try to get jobs, etc. Anyway, met a guy who's a director, a few years my senior, got along with him very well and he asked me out. I wasn't even trying. I was just being myself.

Anyway, he has my number (coz I did give him my business card whilst networking and also spoke with his producer, a mate of his). I haven't heard from him at all (this was on Saturday and today's Tuesday). I don't have his number so I can't call or contact him or whatnot.

So here's the question. Did I screw up somewhere along the line? We did chat a lot and joked and he seemed to like me and be interested (and besides, I haven't be asked out so straight away by any guy before). I can only guess that he really mustn't be that into me if he hasn't called by now, but it's pretty contradictive when a guy asks you out, says he'll call and doesn't. Coz I certainly don't ask someone out and say that I'll call and not do it.