G.I. Joe

Agent Crab

Little Indy said:
dic14.jpg

Helping out Agent Crab.

Thanks.

Then again...
in an Episode of Transformers, He appeared as "Old Snake" wearing a fedora and a Trench Coat. Season 3 of Transformers was set in the year 2006. The Old GI Joe Cartoon was taking place from 1983 and so on, same with Transformers G1 taking place in 1984 to 2005 in the orginal animated cartoon.

CC-OldSnake01.jpg

Still wearing his uniform under it.

Then again, he was turned into a Snake creature in the animated movie and was restored to human form in the DiC series, wearing that Vader like mask uniform.

I need to hang around more at HissTank and Allspark and TF wiki more.

@ Jorbex - Doc was my favourite character in the cartoon and comic. Poor guy met a fate...

There is a new GI Joe animated series that I seen on Youtube, pretty faithful to it's orginal matertal. Pretty gruesome to some of the characters such as Major Bludd and so on.

Then again... Corba Commader being a bastard here.

CobraCommander-150.jpg

fixer79

Apparently, the G.I. Joe video game is rather bad, although that isn't exactly a surprise...

I just saw the game's review movie on IGN and it's incredible how along with the game, the movie is getting crushed without being released yet. In fact, the movie is being crushed all over the internet by people who haven't seen it. This has got to be the biggest pre-release movie stomp ever.
People who HAVE seen it, on the other hand, are very positive about it. All of them.
Mind you, I'm not talking about any of you guys in particular, but I wish people in general would stop b!tchin' about the movie based only on pictures or the trailer.

Incredible how critisism has taken a turn for the worse these last years...

Someone once said that "In many ways, the work of a critic is easy. We risk very little yet enjoy a position over those who offer up their work and their selves to our judgment. We thrive on negative criticism, which is fun to write and to read. But the bitter truth we critics must face, is that in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so."

He was right.

Last edited:

Grizzlor

The trailer looked terrible, and yet again there are so many obvious, pointless, and stupid deviations from the original concept. Cobra Commander looks ridiculous, Baroness has no accent, accelerator suits? Why isn't each Joe in his own uniform, a la the original show? I'll give the movie one thing though, unlike Transformers, they seem to have done a MUCH better job in keeping with the original.

sandiegojones

I saw an interview with Steven Sommers and he said they plan to go with the chrome mask for the sequel (which gives me hope). I guess the new mask is temporary to explain why he looks like he does (hence: Rise of Cobra). The reviews are pretty positive so far too.

Unfortunately we keep getting clips from the Paris scene so that's all we have to judge, but there are different costumes for each character throughout the film and it looks to be lighthearted action like the 80's show.

RedeemedChild

fixer79 said:
Apparently, the G.I. Joe video game is rather bad, although that isn't exactly a surprise...

I just saw the game's review movie on IGN and it's incredible how along with the game, the movie is getting crushed without being released yet. In fact, the movie is being crushed all over the internet by people who haven't seen it. This has got to be the biggest pre-release movie stomp ever.
People who HAVE seen it, on the other hand, are very positive about it. All of them.
Mind you, I'm not talking about any of you guys in particular, but I wish people in general would stop b!tchin' about the movie based only on pictures or the trailer.

Incredible how critisism has taken a turn for the worse these last years...

Someone once said that "In many ways, the work of a critic is easy. We risk very little yet enjoy a position over those who offer up their work and their selves to our judgment. We thrive on negative criticism, which is fun to write and to read. But the bitter truth we critics must face, is that in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so."

He was right.

Yes, I heard one site say that the G-Force game was far better.

fixer79

RedeemedChild said:
Yes, I heard one site say that the G-Force game was far better.

Apparently they're right. According the gamerankings.com, The G-Force game scores an average of around 70 to 75% while the Joe game scores from 56 to 60%.
Too bad, 'cos I was kinda looking forward to the G.I. Joe game.

On the other hand, being a fan of the material the game's based on plays a huge part. Maybe the reviewers aren't very big G.I. Joe fans :)

The first and only critique I've heard about the GI. Joe movie (by someone who's actually seen it) is the performance of the actors. Others claim all actors are brilliantly cast...

Oh well, we'll all be able to judge for ourselves prrrrretty soon. :)

RedeemedChild

fixer79 said:
Apparently they're right. According the gamerankings.com, The G-Force game scores an average of around 70 to 75% while the Joe game scores from 56 to 60%.
Too bad, 'cos I was kinda looking forward to the G.I. Joe game.

On the other hand, being a fan of the material the game's based on plays a huge part. Maybe the reviewers aren't very big G.I. Joe fans :)

The first and only critique I've heard about the GI. Joe movie (by someone who's actually seen it) is the performance of the actors. Others claim all actors are brilliantly cast...

Oh well, we'll all be able to judge for ourselves prrrrretty soon. :)

I think I might purchase G-Force, Wall-E and Sid Meier's Pirates for the PSP later this month.

On the other hand I saw a preview of G.I. Joe on the Today Show this morning and it was so horrible I almost felt sick.

sandiegojones

This looks more promising. I love the snow vehicles!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/b5KvFOSCyB8&rel=0&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/b5KvFOSCyB8&rel=0&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object

fixer79

I saw it yesterday and loved it too... I honestly don't get why this movie got bashed from the moment it was announced years ago...
Oh well...

bennihana123 said:
Liked it a whole lot better than Transformers 2

That's what I've heard everywhere too...
Still, Transformers 2 scores better on IMDB. Probably thanks to the 19% of voters that gave G.I. joe a score of 1/10. How very mature of them.

sandiegojones

I liked it with the exception of the Duke, Baroness & Rex plot. Don't know why they all had to be related. Also, would have like the classic Cobra Commander mask and more Destro in the mask.

QBComics

sandiegojones said:
Also, would have like the classic Cobra Commander mask and more Destro in the mask.

Sommers mentioned he would like to use the classic Cobra commander mask in the future. Destro didn't wear the mask much, because it was an origin story (sort of). Expect to see more in the sequel.

And speaking of sequel

The film came in about $10 million under the opening weekend of "Star Trek," which earned $75.2 million domestically and about $35 million overseas. "G.I. Joe" did better internationally, where it grossed a studio-estimated $44 million, despite not yet launching in several key markets, including Germany and Italy. It underperformed "Trek" in the U.S. and Canada, where it opened to $56.2 million.

That's certainly good enough for Paramount to claim victory, however, and start thinking about the future. The studio's vice chairman, Rob Moore, confirmed that a sequel will soon go into development. The film's lead actors are contractually obligated to return for another film, though director Stephen Sommers is not.

RedeemedChild

I simply wish that Jerry Bruckheimer was making the G.I. Joe movies. Has anyone here been watching G.I. Joe: Resolute on Cartoon Network? If so how do you feel about them giving it a Naruto-esque feel?