when you hear Raiders March...

Indy Scout 117

when you guys hear the Raiders March tune, i know you automatically think of Indy (of course, duh!! :p ) but which scene from any of the Indy movies do you think of first when you hear it? i think of many scenes, but the one i imagine the most is in Raiders where Indy and Marion are sprinting away from the German Flying Wing before it blows up. what do you guys think of???

mister64

I think of Indy driving the truck in ROTLA while he's fighting off the nazis in the passenger seat.

Indy Scout 117

hmmm....interesting. :) i think that most people think of ROTLA when they hear Riaders March...i doubt most people would think of any scene from any of the other movies...if you do think of the other movies, do tell!!!

fenris

actually, when I hear it I don't think of any particular scene in the movies. It's more of thinking of Indy and the whole quadrilogy.

Sharkey

My favorite version is the one heard when Indy climbs on the sub. It's the most "grand" and triumphant sounding to me.

Other then that version I try to figure out which film or recording its from.

I think the Original London Symphony Orchestra version is the best.

Darth Vile

When I hear the Raiders March I usually picture an Indy montage incorporating everything from escaping South American temples, swinging into mine carts, chasing tanks, to fighting Russians. It's like my interpretation of the best possible Indy trailer. :)

Indy Scout 117

wow. thats cool. i figured most people would think of Indy in general but i just wanted to see how many people would actually think of a specific scene. :whip:

AnnieJones

Indy Scout 117 said:
when you guys hear the Raiders March tune, i know you automatically think of Indy (of course, duh!! :p ) but which scene from any of the Indy movies do you think of first when you hear it? i think of many scenes, but the one i imagine the most is in Raiders where Indy and Marion are sprinting away from the German Flying Wing before it blows up. what do you guys think of???
I always think of any number of the action scenes from any of the movies.

DocWhiskey

The second I hear the Raiders March I always imagine the old man pushing the crate down an aisle of the infinite warehouse.

martinland

Indy Scout 117 said:
what do you guys think of???
Indy running, dust clouds emanating, grabbing the vine and jumping into the water of course! The quintessential first time anybody has heard it, and quite exciting at that! :)

DaFedora

Whenever I hear the Raiders march, I generally wish I'd be exploring an archaeological excavation site, ancient temple, wanna shine a flashlight inside a cave or catacomb, or museum or something... and preferably with obstacles, heights (broken, slightly dangerous stairs or something), imagining to evade boobytraps ;)
Or, if I happen to be walking down a stairwell, having an urge to get out a whip and try a swing by cracking it to a leverage point :whip: ...

I generally pick up the pace if walking, turn corners faster, walk across the street more daringly between traffic...

And I also get the chills from Williams' Parade of the Slave Children, it mostly gives me an inert kind of respect, a sort of venerated and defiant resoluteness... I instantly re-live that moment of justified disgust and pay-back time/ let's-make-these-child-molesters-cry-themselves moment. Indy standing there in a sort of contained rage and deep-felt despise for the Thuggee guards... really a psychological-gut feeling peak in the film.

The Drifter

When I hear the music I always think of Indiana Jones on the black stallion during the beginning of the tank chase in Crusade.

NickTurner

Whenever I don my fedora I start humming the tune and go marching out to meet the adventures of...

traffic!
smelly trains!
ranting hobos!
disgruntled employees!
bs-ing managers!

Hmm on seconds thoughts I think I'll take the amazon jungle or a dusty tomb :whip:

Montana Smith

The Raiders March always make me think of Indy on the white Arabian horse, charging after the Ark. It sums up the spirit of Indiana Jones, making it up as he goes along, rushing blindly into danger, just because he knows it's something he has to do, regardless of the consequences.

Team Indy

When I think of the Raiders March, I think of the truck chase scene in Raiders. It's probably the defining Indy moment for me.

I also imagine Indy standing on top of the truck, arms outstretched towards the sky in a symbol of peace.

StoneTriple

I always think of the end titles going up in the theater, after having gone on one of the four adventures.

I also answer my phone, because it's my ring tone.

Indysolo12

Indy Scout 117 said:

I think of the Movie Poster http://www.impawards.com/1981/posters/raiders_of_the_lost_ark_ver1.jpg

And I'm listening to it right now!