Article on escaping summer via DVDs...

michael

Fantastic article! Thanks for that, StoneTriple!

Great to see someone expressing their love and the genius behind that scene.

It's still the one scene in all of the movies that I look forward to the most. It has such a level of suspense that still captivates me EVERY time.

Montana Smith

I also prefer rainy days! (Not so keen on the "woolen stockings", though! ;) ) I look forward to the winter, and hot summers are to be avoided at all costs. Getting lost in a DVD is a great way to escape.

Thanks for posting that link, StoneTriple. :hat:

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Just noticed this thread...fun article to begin with (Erin Wilson's contrarian piece is a hoot).

And I've certainly come around to StoneTriple's view that the most enthralling scene is that one. The moment where Elliot mouths "Tanis" at Ford, the moment where Ford walks past Elliot and grabs his arm, the way Ford fills in the name of the pharoah in the midst of Elliot's telling...to say nothing of the work Hootkins and Fellows do as Eaton and Musgrove, who completely establish who they are.

I'm willing to accept a lot of the shifts in Marcus's character in Last Crusade, but it's <I>this</I> scene where the character is filled out, where we get the bond between these two men, even more than we do than in the scene at Indy's home. It's a superb piece of work.

martinland

StoneTriple said:
Still my very favorite Indiana Jones scene ever.
Yep, composition of the frame, dialogue and acting (as they just so smoothly interrupt one another) complement each other perfectly and even the music makes a suspenseful appearance. Wonderful!

ML